Used 2006 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Mercedes-benz Clk-class - Consumer Reviews

2006 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class

View reviews for a specific CLK-Class model:

Exciting
By jim

2006 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class CLK350 2dr Coupe (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

The CLK350 is sporty and elegant. What a joy to drive. No need to worry about speed or safety, the car has both. Plenty of truck space and seats four comfortably. On top of all the wonderful features you get professional service support. Thanks for the awesome experience and ride.

Favorite Features

luxury seating, engine hp, overall beautiful ride.

Sexiest car I've owned
By Inctomi

2006 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class CLK350 2dr Coupe (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

Since Mercedes doesn't hold value like the Beamer I had before, I was able to get a great deal on a low mileage '06 in CT. The car is mint with Nav, black on black, etc etc. I am only in my 3rd week and I love it. Our other car is a Lexus ES350 which is a safe bet boring sedan and I convinced my wifey to get this 'for her.' Let's just that it is not a 335 twin turbo but has enough power under the hood and looks better than comparable cars, way better. It drives well enough and I have been inventing excuses just to take it on the road. So far, I don't have any annoying rattles or anything. Best looking I owned.

Favorite Features

Bi-pillerless design (gorgeous with all the windows down), Nav, Black on Black color and interior, Easy access to the back seat, actual windows for the back seat, sleek but small interior, HK surround sound audio system.

Suggested Improvements

More cup holders, Touch screen Navi, better Navi maps, Built in Bluetooth(Weird, the car has bluetooth/phone buttons but bluetooth was never installed)

My baby! 1st Car!
By bekums

2006 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class CLK350 2dr Coupe (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

This is my very first car. I love it! Its the best car ever. I hate only one thing, that I only have ONE cup holder.

Favorite Features

The whole car!

Suggested Improvements

More cup holders.

Almost Great!
By Jorge

2006 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class CLK350 2dr Convertible (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

This is my first Mercedes. Everything is great except for a few things. The seat back contours are designed/built for very skinny people. Even a Mitsubishi I had with wrap around seat backs, were adjustable. The dial temp controls aren't very accurately adjustable (the 2002 Avalon I have are digitally adjustable with rocker up/down 1 degree increments). Ride & handling are superb for a convertible. Body is rigid with almost no twist on tight turns. Engines today should not require premium gas. The menu system is not very user friendly. And I just found out that the Nav. system is only updated every 5 years. Good thing I have portable Garmin units (which are easier to program).

Favorite Features

The quietness of the Cabriolet. Top up down operations function including integration with windows. Transmission smooth & quiet.

Suggested Improvements

Touch screen Nav, annual Map updates at a much cheaper price tag (Garmin's free for life) Move cruise cntrl set lever away from turn signal's- a real safety hazard in the dark. Door design makes for a cumbersome entry into rear seats, seniors have even a tougher one. Wrap around seat bk adjustable

Love this car!
By mbzlvr

2006 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class CLK350 2dr Convertible (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

Purchased first as lease when new. Bought out the lease. Just love this car. Great power for a V6 and average 32mpg on the highway. Never have had any issues whatsoever. Great customer service during regular scheduled maintenance. Even got a loaner car every time! So much fun to drive and going topless is pure joy. I will definitely buy another MB.

Favorite Features

Harman Kardon sound system, seat belt presenters, i-Pod kit, sexy look both inside and out, build quality and performance.

Suggested Improvements

Locking glove compartment. Make NAV unit standard equipment