2006 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific CLK-Class model:
Exciting
By jim on 07/24/10 16:06 PM (PDT)

2006 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class CLK350 2dr Coupe (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

The CLK350 is sporty and elegant. What a joy to drive. No need to worry about speed or safety, the car has both. Plenty of truck space and seats four comfortably. On top of all the wonderful features you get professional service support. Thanks for the awesome experience and ride.

Sexiest car I've owned
By Inctomi on 11/12/09 11:44 AM (PST)

2006 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class CLK350 2dr Coupe (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

Since Mercedes doesn't hold value like the Beamer I had before, I was able to get a great deal on a low mileage '06 in CT. The car is mint with Nav, black on black, etc etc. I am only in my 3rd week and I love it. Our other car is a Lexus ES350 which is a safe bet boring sedan and I convinced my wifey to get this 'for her.' Let's just that it is not a 335 twin turbo but has enough power under the hood and looks better than comparable cars, way better. It drives well enough and I have been inventing excuses just to take it on the road. So far, I don't have any annoying rattles or anything. Best looking I owned.

My baby! 1st Car!
By bekums on 10/26/09 15:39 PM (PDT)

2006 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class CLK350 2dr Coupe (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

This is my very first car. I love it! Its the best car ever. I hate only one thing, that I only have ONE cup holder.

Almost Great!
By Jorge on 10/06/09 19:51 PM (PDT)

2006 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class CLK350 2dr Convertible (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

This is my first Mercedes. Everything is great except for a few things. The seat back contours are designed/built for very skinny people. Even a Mitsubishi I had with wrap around seat backs, were adjustable. The dial temp controls aren't very accurately adjustable (the 2002 Avalon I have are digitally adjustable with rocker up/down 1 degree increments). Ride & handling are superb for a convertible. Body is rigid with almost no twist on tight turns. Engines today should not require premium gas. The menu system is not very user friendly. And I just found out that the Nav. system is only updated every 5 years. Good thing I have portable Garmin units (which are easier to program).

Love this car!
By mbzlvr on 08/30/09 13:22 PM (PDT)

2006 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class CLK350 2dr Convertible (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

Purchased first as lease when new. Bought out the lease. Just love this car. Great power for a V6 and average 32mpg on the highway. Never have had any issues whatsoever. Great customer service during regular scheduled maintenance. Even got a loaner car every time! So much fun to drive and going topless is pure joy. I will definitely buy another MB.

Worst car i ever owned!!!!
By Ashly on 03/20/09 15:36 PM (PDT)

2006 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class CLK350 2dr Coupe (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

I bought my 06 4 weeks ago, i have since traded up to an Acura TL ( yes, i said up) the TL blows the clk i had out of the water. This was the worst car experience ive ever had. I owned the car two weeks when the transmission went out! I had it towed to mercedes where i had my " manufacturers warranty" For them to tell me to wait a week with NO loaner car! ( said they don't give loaners anymore) For an answer. They were not helpful whatsoever and lacked hugely in their customer service. I was so unhappy with the car i traded for a real one... Acura Tl.All the things wrong- the windows were rattling and loose, failed transmission , rear foglamp out, side turn signal light broken, allot

From One Black Beauty to Another
By hazellocks on 03/15/09 13:43 PM (PDT)

2006 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class CLK350 2dr Coupe (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

With a child in college, I'd planned to drive my '97 Lexus ES300 until it died. Sure, it was a bit long in the tooth, but it worked just fine. Until it died. Suddenly. Irrevocably. In my neck of the woods, Lexus rules; Beemers are well-represented, too. I was loyal to Lexus, but in my heart of hearts, I wanted an MBz. A good friend and private dealer found my new baby. At first sight, it was so beautiful, I was afraid to drive it. It was too fancy, too ostentatious, too TOO. Took about a week to get over it. I am in love. Smitten. Besotted to the point of purchasing a custom cover to minimize sun damage (blk ext, no tinted windows, hot sun, all that leather). Co-workers tease, but that's OK!

The best
By LHANN on 01/13/09 14:29 PM (PST)

2006 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class CLK350 2dr Convertible (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

I have owned 19 cars, five of which were Benz. My favorites were the 1965 250S and the current CLK 350. It's a dream on the interstate but it is equally a pleasure to cruise the beach. My only complaints are that the trunk is a bit on the cozy side, especially with the top down, and the navigation system is CD driven. However, the navigation system is very good and I would never buy another car without the factory installed system. Gas mileage is outstanding. On the interstate I get 28 regularly (at 80+ mph), although city driving is considerably less. Although the model styling is a few years old I still get many wonderful comments and thumbs up from drivers on the road.

So dissapointed.
By Unimpressed Girl on 09/09/08 07:13 AM (PDT)

2006 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class CLK350 2dr Coupe (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

I traded in my G35 coupe on this car and from the second day of owning I wish I could have just got my old car back. In the three years that I owned my G35 I never had as many problems as with this stupid car. It was certified pre-owned when I bought it and it only had 15,875 miles on it. Here's the list: Blown speaker, Wheel Balance off, Drivers side seat holder broken, Engine Pulley replacement, Middle brake light out, and chip in windshield. I know you might be thinking...most of these things were rigged so I didn't find them instantly and I got to those so far and only owned it a few months. Terrible customer service and a terrible car. Don't buy it!

Caveat Emptor
By LVS on 05/19/08 15:09 PM (PDT)

2006 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class CLK350 2dr Coupe (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

I purchased my CLK coupe in April of '06 and have regretted it every single day since. It looked beautiful at the dealership with it's full Brabus tuning and appearance package. But as they say about Monet's paintings; it was good from afar and far from good. The litany of problems with this car ranges from a new transmission at 20,000 miles to multiple broken window motors. And I don't even want to get started on the apocalyptic depreciation. In exactly 2 years of ownership, it is worth less than half of what I bought it for. It is such a terrible feeling to get into a car everyday and wonder what will go wrong with it next. So please take note and do not buy this car.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.