Classy chassis
By RedRocket on
2005 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class CLK55 AMG 2dr Cabriolet (5.4L 8cyl 5A)
I have been driving this feat of engineering for 1 month waiting for the winter to die so I can drop the top. Yesterday was just warm enough. What a thrill! I felt like a million bucks. Everything is so automatic and intuitive. Everything works exactly as designed. Being a designer i appreciate the complexity while being simple. the only engineering that may need work is the audio system controls which are a bit confusing. Hopefully, God willing, I will never own a lesser vehicle.
Favorite Features
Power to spare and incredible handling for a convertible. Favorite thing is the amazing engine and transmission. The Harmon Kardon stereo is fabulous except for a rattle at high volume in the driver door that I will attempt to fix under warranty. Love the incredible quality paint finish.
Suggested Improvements
Don't care for the center console. The top half is dedicated to the phone cradle which is not needed these days. I need a good space for 2 pair sunglasses. I think the exterior with top up is too similar to the Sebring. A perforated fender design and another AMG badge on side would improve exterior