2005 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class Consumer Review: Mercedes or Ford Topaz

2005 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class - Consumer Review

Mercedes or Ford Topaz
By CLK AMG 55 Owner on

2005 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class CLK55 AMG 2dr Cabriolet (5.4L 8cyl 5A)

I did not like the body style from the start, but I bought one anyway, fully loaded with everything possible. I paid $97,484 for this car. The dealership went through all the details how to operate the radio etc., but it was very confusing and illogical how to use all the features, I drove this car very little, it was slow for a supposed fast car. I put 130 miles on it and the speedomer stuck on 20MP. Took it back to the dealer, they had to put in a whole new assembly. Did not like this car. It is way overpriced and not easy to see out of or drive. I sold it back to dealer for 65,000 taking a 30,000 loss, better than 50K loss this car is not worth more than 30k.

The best feature is the $4000.00 add on item: distronic cruise control. It will keep your speed, but will slow you down so you will not rear end the car in front of you when on cruise.

Way over priced. I traded in a Lexus SC430, to get this car, what I big mistake on my part. Lexus is way better than this Ford like vehicle.