2005 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific CLK-Class model:
Simply Fantastic
By opulentanonymity on 10/22/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2005 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class CLK55 AMG 2dr Coupe (5.4L 8cyl 5A)

Traded in my 04 Viper for this work of art. This AMG is very quick for a luxury feature packed coach. AMG will always be in my mind for future car purchases.

clk500 convertible
By buckers on 10/22/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2005 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class CLK500 2dr Coupe (5.0L 8cyl 7A)

This beauty stops traffic, esp. when the top is down. Capri blue metallic with the light ash interior. Even with the (blue) ragtop, the interior is quieter than our slk hardtop. And enough toys for any boy - or girl - to play all day. For only about $10,000 more than the new slk, it,s five times the car.

Ride of your life
By JoeDQ on 10/20/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2005 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class CLK55 AMG 2dr Coupe (5.4L 8cyl 5A)

I love this car and it may be one of the finest creations Mercedes has ever put on the market.

I love my new CLK
By Nautictalk on 10/12/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2005 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class CLK320 2dr Cabriolet (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

I acquired my new CLK cabriolet about 2 weeks ago and I really love it. I traded my 2003 Infiniti G35 coupe with all the options. But I just wanted a convertible. True, the CLK has no where the tech gadgets or power the G35 had. But the CLK rides so smooth and has wonderful road manners. The car is effortless and taking the top down from outside the car is so convenient. They could have done a better job with the radio. The car is really so much fun and I get plenty of looks. The trunk is a pain to close because of the stiff hydraulics. With the top down and the wind screen up, there is virtually no wind or noise at highway speeds. Thats amazing.

Turn Heads
By mytimetochirp on 10/09/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2005 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class CLK500 2dr Cabriolet (5.0L 8cyl 7A)

Black on black. Beautiful and turns heads. Fast off the line, top operation works flawlessly. Transmission is smooth and operates without any notice. Trunk space is limited, especially with the top down, but adequate for this class car. With top up road noise is less than our E430.

2005 CLK Cabriolet
By MRCLW on 10/06/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2005 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class CLK320 2dr Cabriolet (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

Great driving car. Need a 2005 manual instead of the 2004....Comfort not a main feature, but beautiful handling.

All Good!!
By clk lover on 10/02/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2005 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class CLK320 2dr Cabriolet (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

Super car and unbelievable that it could be so much better than the '99. Fun car to drive own and it does turn heads as well.

A Chrysler with a Classy Hood Ornament
By New Junk Driver on 09/30/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2005 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class CLK500 2dr Cabriolet (5.0L 8cyl 7A)

This car should not be marketed as a luxury car. It sets expectations too high. It's poorly engineered, constructed & the reliability is appropriately bad. I've had this car in the shop 6 times in 3 months!! I've also had a Lexus. Spoiled, I know what luxury is. Mercedez has ruined its reputation as far as I'm concerned. BE WARNED! You will not be pleased with this car unless you enjoy sitting in an auto shop.

More car than I expected
By nwmind on 09/29/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2005 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class CLK500 2dr Cabriolet (5.0L 8cyl 7A)

This Black On Black CLK500 Cabriolet is a pleasant surprise. The new engine and transmission with the paddle shifter is very slick and gives the driver great control when performance is needed. The leather is superb and the top is of the finest quality available. Top is very fast up and down 17 seconds and looks great both ways. The car is very quiet with the top up, quieter than my accura 3.2TLS sedan. I got this car because it has two personalities. One that it looks like a black coupe with a sporty business appearance with the top up and a fun sporty runabout with the top down. Rear seat is very comfortable and has more headroom than the coupe. T

There's something about them
By scovit on 09/18/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2005 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class CLK500 2dr Coupe (5.0L 8cyl 7A)

There is just something special about owning a Mercedes and in this case, the CLK500. I can say this after having owned several BMW E39 5 Series, along with a variety of other top car makes. If you are looking for a car that is sporty, and classy this is the pick. If you are looking for a car with refinement, this is the pick. Smooth and powerful the CLK500 is a pleasure to drive. It just feels special. The quality, fit and finish is of the highest standard, exceeding BMW or Audi. I'm getting 6 cylinder gas mileage from the V8 and I believe this is due to the 7 speed automatic now standard on the CLK500. Great car!