Used 2005 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class Consumer Reviews - 84 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class - Consumer Reviews

2005 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class

View reviews for a specific CLK-Class model:

Love My CLK
By wwc6980

2005 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class CLK500 2dr Cabriolet (5.0L 8cyl 7A)

I love my CLK500 convertible. It is drop dead good looking, very comfortable, handles wonderfully and has superb power. The interior is gorgeous, with stone colored leather, and the instrument panel is easy to read. The stereo sounds great and the top retracts quickly and is completely out of view. The cabin noise is far less than any of the four convertibles I have owned and is, in fact, lower than many sedans.

This car has power. It practically "jumps" across the street.

Only enough trunk space for one set of golf clubs.

It's a winner
By NJS

2005 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class CLK55 AMG 2dr Cabriolet (5.4L 8cyl 5A)

Super sporty with a ton of power. Very sleek design is definately an eye catcher. Very sophisticated electronics and audio system.

Sleek body design, very tight and sporty handling, lots of power

Gas tank too small for the size of the engine, back seats too cramped to seat adults.

Nice ride!
By RON

2005 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class CLK500 2dr Cabriolet (5.0L 8cyl 7A)

For my most recent cars, i have owned a Mercedes, a BMW and 2-Porsche's as "fun" cars. When I saw this car in the showroom, I had to have it. For a 4-seat convertible, it has a usable backseat. The gadgetry (I have the NAV system) is a bit much to learn, but can be fun to look at. Performace-wise, it is fabulous. I did test drive the equivalent Lexus convertibale and frankly the styling was not for me. This car has it all, styling, performance, comfort, reliablity. Turns a lot of heads, including mine!

The engine and technology of the transmission (the 7 speed automatic), overall styling, handling and performace (it is very, very fast!)

The NAV system is tough to use and the handbook is simply not clear. Of course it is like learning to use any piece of technology, but this is simply too much.

Eurocarlover
By Luveurocars

2005 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class CLK500 2dr Cabriolet (5.0L 8cyl 7A)

I just recently purchased my CLK 500. When I test drove the car, I looked for power, quietness with the top up, and overall enjoyment to drive. This car is fun to drive. I've owned Porsches, Audis, and Range Rovers. This is my first Mercedes. This is definitely as fun and as comfortable to drive. I'm still getting used to the amazing power off the line. It is also a very quiet ride with the top up. Other convertibles we test drove, were quite noisy. I'm very pleased with this vehicle. She's a beauty!

Body style, ease of ingress and egress, comfortable interior. Love the solid feel of the car. Large enough backseat that it is functional.

Cupholders! There is only one, and it is a rather far reach for the driver. There is no cupholder for passengers. This rather supprised me. But as I reflect back on my other Euro.cars, they all have been one cup holder short. Passengers will just have to hold on to their own.

"Transformer!"
By dfg

2005 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class CLK320 2dr Coupe (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

As my son(6) says..."ahh sweeet, you got a transformer car!" Love the push button top up/down. And it's hidden in the trunk. Stuck in traffic? No problem. Put the top up at the light! I love it all, but the cupholder is too far away, and radio station settings are too complicated. Plenty of room in the back seat. Trunk has enough room for shopping at Costco. Another drawback... too much attention.

Fantastic top operation