Used 2005 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Mercedes-benz Clk-class - Consumer Reviews

2005 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class

View reviews for a specific CLK-Class model:

Great fun, and solid
By sark

2005 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class CLK55 AMG 2dr Cabriolet (5.4L 8cyl 5A)

The car is really a gem and fun to drive. I have been a bit dissapointed by the little things that went wrong. The seat belt assist mechanism, the cheap center console and an alarm that had a mind of its own until the dealer fixed it. I paid sticker so I guess I expected closer to perfect. However, top down with the wife and kids is a blast and it's my favorite car in the sector.

Favorite Features

Engine, exterior detailing.

Suggested Improvements

Interior neds to be more refined with more attention to detail.....maybe a hardtop convertible in a year or two would be awesome!

Love It
By Walter Silverstein

2005 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class CLK320 2dr Cabriolet (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

The car looks and runs great. It is a pleasure to drive. This is my 16th Benz, and they are still great. I also have a BMW 745IL, but enjoy the Benz much more.

Favorite Features

Just as in real estate, the measure is location, location, location. In this case the measure is Benz convertible, Benz converible, Benz convertible

Suggested Improvements

Get rid of the dopey seat belt extender and add automatic side view mirror retactors. Add about a foot in length so that you can actually carry rear seat adult passengers.

Trouble in Paradise
By MsTC

2005 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class CLK500 2dr Cabriolet (5.0L 8cyl 7A)

This car is beautiful and a pleasure to drive. It is nimble and responsive. Unfortunately, little and big problems have occured. The battery died when the car wasn't driven for ten days. The transmission failed without warning on the highway 100 miles from home. The Teleaid system couldn't pinpont our location. The car took a week to repair and I wasn't given a loaner. Later, the trunk wouldn't open without use of the valet key. The computer keeps losing the seat memory.

Favorite Features

The acceleration, and responsiveness are a true joy. Two small children or one dog or one thin short adult can actually fit in the back seat comfortably. Sound is great even with the top down, and it comes down quickly! Gas mileage is very good (26 HWY)and not bad city (19-23).

Suggested Improvements

Two real cup holders would be nice. Simplify some of the useless and redundant gadgetry and lose the cheap plastic trim. Aim for reliabilty. The car should not be breaking down so often so soon.

Loving my Benz
By Queen

2005 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class CLK320 2dr Cabriolet (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

I took delivery of my 2005 CLK 320 in August 2004. I love my car. It is black with the stone interior, and although the interior is murder to keep clean, especially the road dust when you drive with the top down that settles everywhere, it is a beautiful, classy, fun to drive car. I traded a BMW 325ci for this car, and I think the BMW handles better, more like a sports car, and the Benz handles like a sedan. However, I have made the adjustment, and am enjoying my new Benz.

Favorite Features

Look of the car with the top down.

Suggested Improvements

Another cup holder in front seat! Better gas mileage, and better handling.

Love My CLK
By wwc6980

2005 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class CLK500 2dr Cabriolet (5.0L 8cyl 7A)

I love my CLK500 convertible. It is drop dead good looking, very comfortable, handles wonderfully and has superb power. The interior is gorgeous, with stone colored leather, and the instrument panel is easy to read. The stereo sounds great and the top retracts quickly and is completely out of view. The cabin noise is far less than any of the four convertibles I have owned and is, in fact, lower than many sedans.

Favorite Features

This car has power. It practically "jumps" across the street.

Suggested Improvements

Only enough trunk space for one set of golf clubs.