Used 2005 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class Convertible Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class Convertible - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific CLK-Class model:

Almost Perfect
By Carolyn Volatile

2005 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class Convertible CLK320 2dr Cabriolet (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

The cup holder still a joke and it could use more power, but other than that, a thrill to drive. Great handling, styling and reliability

Seat belt is extended to driver, and seat, wheel and mirror settings automatically reset, offering ease of entry and exit

Better, and more than one, cup holder, Nav. system that is more operator friendly

Sweet Ride
By Walt

2005 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class Convertible CLK320 2dr Cabriolet (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

My CLK 320 is a sweet ride. The convertible is a must and makes me cheer out loud while driving. It handles beautifully and is tops in luxury. The only problem I've had is a fuse to my speakers that keeps popping. I take it out and it resets, but I'll be worried if it keeps happening. The car looks great, is big enough for four (if the back two are short) and so far, the mileage is OK. About 20 mpg. Everything is automated, the sound system sounds superb, it handles well and it just makes you feel like a million. Since I'm a new owner, I can't say how the service is but it had better be great or I'll change this review. Overall, I love this car.

Of course the number one feature is the convertible. It is automatic and takes only twenty-some seconds. It has a glass rear window and no leaks or noise. The styling is low to the ground and much sexier than past CLK models. The ride is smooth and sporty, but it has room for kids and groceries.

Make the smart key easier to read. Symbols are black on black but white on black would help. Only one cup holder. Need another for front passenger.

Love It
By Walter Silverstein

2005 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class Convertible CLK320 2dr Cabriolet (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

The car looks and runs great. It is a pleasure to drive. This is my 16th Benz, and they are still great. I also have a BMW 745IL, but enjoy the Benz much more.

Just as in real estate, the measure is location, location, location. In this case the measure is Benz convertible, Benz converible, Benz convertible

Get rid of the dopey seat belt extender and add automatic side view mirror retactors. Add about a foot in length so that you can actually carry rear seat adult passengers.

Trouble in Paradise
By MsTC

2005 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class Convertible CLK500 2dr Cabriolet (5.0L 8cyl 7A)

This car is beautiful and a pleasure to drive. It is nimble and responsive. Unfortunately, little and big problems have occured. The battery died when the car wasn't driven for ten days. The transmission failed without warning on the highway 100 miles from home. The Teleaid system couldn't pinpont our location. The car took a week to repair and I wasn't given a loaner. Later, the trunk wouldn't open without use of the valet key. The computer keeps losing the seat memory.

The acceleration, and responsiveness are a true joy. Two small children or one dog or one thin short adult can actually fit in the back seat comfortably. Sound is great even with the top down, and it comes down quickly! Gas mileage is very good (26 HWY)and not bad city (19-23).

Two real cup holders would be nice. Simplify some of the useless and redundant gadgetry and lose the cheap plastic trim. Aim for reliabilty. The car should not be breaking down so often so soon.

Loving my Benz
By Queen

2005 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class Convertible CLK320 2dr Cabriolet (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

I took delivery of my 2005 CLK 320 in August 2004. I love my car. It is black with the stone interior, and although the interior is murder to keep clean, especially the road dust when you drive with the top down that settles everywhere, it is a beautiful, classy, fun to drive car. I traded a BMW 325ci for this car, and I think the BMW handles better, more like a sports car, and the Benz handles like a sedan. However, I have made the adjustment, and am enjoying my new Benz.

Look of the car with the top down.

Another cup holder in front seat! Better gas mileage, and better handling.