2005 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class Convertible - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific CLK-Class model:
Great Car!!!
By Greg on 03/07/05 20:48 PM (PST)

2005 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class Convertible CLK500 2dr Cabriolet (5.0L 8cyl 7A)

Black exterior with stone interior - no better combination. I have had this car for two months and am still very satisfied. I have owned several MB's, BMW's and Japanese cars before and this one is the best in terms of quality, prestige and fun factor. There really is no comparison. It is also fast ! I would do it all over again.

My New Love
By Alan Chalfin on 02/27/05 12:27 PM (PST)

2005 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class Convertible CLK320 2dr Cabriolet (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

I have never felt so exhilarated by a car before this...I feel like a teenage king behind the wheel. I had no idea how much I would love driving around town in a convertible. Much to my surprise, I gave up no comfort and not much in the quiet department. It's a beauty to see, a pleasure to drive and I love it!

BMW Defector
By Chuck on 02/13/05 06:25 AM (PST)

2005 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class Convertible CLK320 2dr Cabriolet (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

I am used to the subperb handling of the BMW 3 series but always wanted to try the Benz. I am pleasantly surprised that the handling of this vehicle feels equal to, if not better than the BMW. The style and feeling of prestige far outweighs what I felt when driving the BMW. Wow! I thought I was Mr. It for years when I turned heads with my Beamer. But with this Benz, I actually have people stopping me and complimenting the vehicle with enthusiasim. That just makes me feel that every penny spent was worth it. I like the sense of vehicle control when I take exits off of highways the vehicle hugs the highway. The anti lock breaks are great.

Smooth & Classy
By 1st Convertible on 02/13/05 00:12 AM (PST)

2005 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class Convertible CLK500 2dr Cabriolet (5.0L 8cyl 7A)

Rare Mars Red w/Stone,Black Top. An absolute stunner - I get stopped where- ever I go! No comparison to common, tiny BMW Cabs. Classier than all the others. Excellent power, refined ride, great amenities. Comparisons to a Lexus are absurd. Every car has its bugs. I owned one of the first RX3000's in the state-nothing but problems for 16 mos. - and Lexus wouldn't help me. MB makes the best product available - I should know - I've been exporting autos for 15 yrs!

Slow Car
By Jeanne on 01/19/05 18:55 PM (PST)

2005 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class Convertible CLK500 2dr Cabriolet (5.0L 8cyl 7A)

Not a sports car at all. Don't be fooled by Mercedes in order for them to sell the car. Automatic trans and low horsepower add up to a boring car. BMW 3 series would have been a smarter purchase! This is definitely an old lady car.

'05 CLK Cabriolet compared to '03
By J. Marc Mushkin on 01/12/05 18:48 PM (PST)

2005 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class Convertible CLK320 2dr Cabriolet (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

I owned an '03 and it was a disaster - poor trim and finish, leaks, silly interior flubs in design ... altogether an awful car. It was shocking. But, having been a Benz driver since '89, I felt the urge to give it one more try before moving (like everyone else) to Lexus. I have been pleasantly surprised by the major improvement in quality in this new model. The top is infinitely better in all respects, the interior trim is higher quality all around, the noise level is lower, the finish is far superior. It's as if a different car company made it. Anyway, they "saved" this one customer by putting some quality back in. I hope MBZ learned a lesson.

2005 CLK 320CAB
By leon on 12/28/04 09:55 AM (PST)

2005 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class Convertible CLK320 2dr Cabriolet (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

Fun and luxurious way to enjoy a ride. Compact and safe, great maneuvering.

2005 Mercedes-Benz CLK Conv. - A Great Car Thus Far!!
By CityGuy on 12/17/04 21:05 PM (PST)

2005 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class Convertible CLK320 2dr Cabriolet (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

I just got my 2005 Mercedes-Benz CLK320 Convertible and so far I love it! It is very solid and stable. I am pleased with how much power it has. The interior is amazing and the top works great. I like the stereo, the controls, and all of the amenities. It feels great on the road and seems to handle well.

Best Benz yet!
By CLK 320 on 12/12/04 14:50 PM (PST)

2005 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class Convertible CLK320 2dr Cabriolet (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

I've owned 6 Mercedes, 2 of them SL's and this is by far the most comfortable and fun car yet!

Xjagowner
By Howard on 12/11/04 11:29 AM (PST)

2005 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class Convertible CLK320 2dr Cabriolet (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

For a cabriolet its a great car compared to my 2001 XK8. Easy to drive nice ride, decent visibilty with top up. Only one cupholder drives my wife crazy.