Used 2005 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class CLK500 Coupe Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Mercedes-benz Clk-class - Consumer Reviews

2005 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class Coupe

View reviews for a specific CLK-Class model:

Blown Away
By Picky

2005 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class Coupe CLK500 2dr Coupe (5.0L 8cyl 7A)

I just bought this car, but drove Lexus, BMW and other MBZ models before purchasing and there is not comparison. It handles amazing and the shifters give it the feel of a manual transmission without the annoying clutch. Feels roomier inside than other models and reeks of luxury and performance. I will have a hard time going down in class of car after this one. It is the most fun car I have driven and it is hard to leave it parked for long.

Favorite Features

Interior is beautiful and very pleasing to the eye. The leather is high quality and very comfortable. The steering wheel is slimmer, which in my opinion is nice. the stereo system is incredible. The performance from 0-60 will get your heart pounding.

Suggested Improvements

It needs another cup holder, but do you really want someone drinking in it anyway? So far, I can't really find anything I would change. Gas m ileage is not the best, but what sports car is? This is not a wimpy engine.

This is an excellent choice!
By Michael Stuart

2005 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class Coupe CLK500 2dr Coupe (5.0L 8cyl 7A)

This car is everything I'd hoped it was. Very powerful and responsive V-8 not only delivers but is comfortable to drive. I'm 6'0" 205lbs and my only comfort issue is that it sits so low that it's a bit difficult to get in and out of

Favorite Features

Power

Suggested Improvements

Accessories are a challenge to figure out how to use

Don't be fooled
By lglegl

2005 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class Coupe CLK500 2dr Coupe (5.0L 8cyl 7A)

Don't be fooled by the fact that the emblem says Mercedes Benz. The car is poorly designed and poorly built. Interior is cramped; upgraded sound system is tinny; radio reception is awful; climate control is poor, navigation system is impossible to use. At least 5 service visits in less than a year due to defects. This is more like a Reliant K than a Mercedes Benz!

Favorite Features

Styling is great but conceals the fact that this is a highly overpriced vehicle.

Suggested Improvements

Quality control, quality control, quality control!

CLK500
By CLk500 coupe

2005 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class Coupe CLK500 2dr Coupe (5.0L 8cyl 7A)

Great riding and driving car. After almost 10k miles 0 defects! Does not appear to enjoy the resale value of my 2000! However I feel the car is far superior to my previous CLK430!

Favorite Features

I enjoy the navigation system and steering wheel controls! Sport shifter is fun!!!

Suggested Improvements

Shoulder belts vibrate from wind flow with the front and rear side windows in fully opened position vibration eliminated when rear window is up! Occassionally when cruising my knee can touch the power seat controls should be in a different position. Could use 2 cup holders

Love it
By Phyllis

2005 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class Coupe CLK500 2dr Coupe (5.0L 8cyl 7A)

This is my 4th CLK. Loved them all. Holds the road great. The new cupholder I prefer, however, I do hear complaints that there is a need for two. A tire inflation monitor would be helpful. So as you can see, don't have any complaints.