Used 2005 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class CLK320 Coupe Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Mercedes-benz Clk-class - Consumer Reviews

2005 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class Coupe

View reviews for a specific CLK-Class model:

Most Helpful|
Best car ever
By MansBFisHisMercedes

2005 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class Coupe CLK320 2dr Coupe (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

I have owned this car for a couple months now, and I have never been so happy driving it.I'm a BMW person, and when I drove this,I don't think I want to have anything else but a Mercedes.The CLK has a timeless styling, that no other car could match.The pillarless design is genius, reduces blind spots and gives the car that sporty look.The cars performance is great actually,but it could use some more push. The car makes me feel real safe, and when I close the door it makes me feel like I got into a tank.The cars interior is one of the best out there,I got everything but cooled seats and parking sensors. Seats are real plush, and they hold you in in tight turns.The Front logo is my favorite.

Favorite Features

Xenon headlamps with corner illuminating foglights are awesome. Windshield wipers that adjust to how much rain is pouring down. Road Grip (Take turns at like 75 and still feel safe), Quality of materials inside and out, Navigation directions in the screen in the middle of the speedo, user friendly

Suggested Improvements

An AWD trim, but the car is actually pretty good in the snow compared to other RWDs that I've seen.

Beautiful Car: Horrid Reliablitiy
By Autooracle

2005 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class Coupe CLK320 2dr Coupe (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

Reliability issues. Climate control: 5 times in the shop for now, and going in now for the 6th. Rough Idle: 4 times. Seat belt motor: 3 times. Driver's seat motor. Rain sensor activating on a dry windshield. Reverse Ttilt for rear view mirror: repaired 4 times. Radio: 2 times. Steer clear. Overall reliability of electrical items is horrid.

Favorite Features

Key dependency Automatic closing of windows by holding the key fob in the lock position.

Suggested Improvements

Improve electrical component quality.

"Transformer!"
By dfg

2005 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class Coupe CLK320 2dr Coupe (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

As my son(6) says..."ahh sweeet, you got a transformer car!" Love the push button top up/down. And it's hidden in the trunk. Stuck in traffic? No problem. Put the top up at the light! I love it all, but the cupholder is too far away, and radio station settings are too complicated. Plenty of room in the back seat. Trunk has enough room for shopping at Costco. Another drawback... too much attention.

Favorite Features

Fantastic top operation

Suggested Improvements

New radio

Absolutely Gorgeous, 2nd to none
By Thuc

2005 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class Coupe CLK320 2dr Coupe (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

This car is probably one of the best looking cars on the road. It is a perfect blend of luxury and sportiness. It drives effortlessly, though maintains solid grip of the road. I had the previous generation model before, and the current model has a much stiffer suspension and tighter handling. The car's beauty makes a strong statement of style and is in a class of its own.

Favorite Features

Looks and ride/drive quality.

Suggested Improvements

Needs another cupholder. Rear seat entry is awkward with the front seats only fully upliftable when they are in the back half of the range - they should be automatically forward moving like the previous model.

CLK320- a sporty luxury car
By ajb723

2005 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class Coupe CLK320 2dr Coupe (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

I have had my CLK320 coupe for 2 months, replacing a BMW330i. I was hesitant to make the change, but I'm glad I did. The 320 is much better looking, both inside and out, and the navigation system is a bonus. It is fun, easy to use, and frightening in its accuracy. Acceleration seems not up to the BMW, but is more than adequate for my needs.

Favorite Features

Looks, comfort, navigation

Suggested Improvements

The climate control is not intuitive, and controls are cheap plastic. Cup holder is too far from driver. Tip-tronic transmission (manual option) is gimmicky and not really useful.