Used 2005 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class Coupe Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Mercedes-benz Clk-class - Consumer Reviews

2005 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class Coupe

View reviews for a specific CLK-Class model:

Best car ever
By MansBFisHisMercedes

2005 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class Coupe CLK320 2dr Coupe (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

I have owned this car for a couple months now, and I have never been so happy driving it.I'm a BMW person, and when I drove this,I don't think I want to have anything else but a Mercedes.The CLK has a timeless styling, that no other car could match.The pillarless design is genius, reduces blind spots and gives the car that sporty look.The cars performance is great actually,but it could use some more push. The car makes me feel real safe, and when I close the door it makes me feel like I got into a tank.The cars interior is one of the best out there,I got everything but cooled seats and parking sensors. Seats are real plush, and they hold you in in tight turns.The Front logo is my favorite.

Favorite Features

Xenon headlamps with corner illuminating foglights are awesome. Windshield wipers that adjust to how much rain is pouring down. Road Grip (Take turns at like 75 and still feel safe), Quality of materials inside and out, Navigation directions in the screen in the middle of the speedo, user friendly

Suggested Improvements

An AWD trim, but the car is actually pretty good in the snow compared to other RWDs that I've seen.

Blown Away
By Picky

2005 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class Coupe CLK500 2dr Coupe (5.0L 8cyl 7A)

I just bought this car, but drove Lexus, BMW and other MBZ models before purchasing and there is not comparison. It handles amazing and the shifters give it the feel of a manual transmission without the annoying clutch. Feels roomier inside than other models and reeks of luxury and performance. I will have a hard time going down in class of car after this one. It is the most fun car I have driven and it is hard to leave it parked for long.

Favorite Features

Interior is beautiful and very pleasing to the eye. The leather is high quality and very comfortable. The steering wheel is slimmer, which in my opinion is nice. the stereo system is incredible. The performance from 0-60 will get your heart pounding.

Suggested Improvements

It needs another cup holder, but do you really want someone drinking in it anyway? So far, I can't really find anything I would change. Gas m ileage is not the best, but what sports car is? This is not a wimpy engine.

This is an excellent choice!
By Michael Stuart

2005 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class Coupe CLK500 2dr Coupe (5.0L 8cyl 7A)

This car is everything I'd hoped it was. Very powerful and responsive V-8 not only delivers but is comfortable to drive. I'm 6'0" 205lbs and my only comfort issue is that it sits so low that it's a bit difficult to get in and out of

Favorite Features

Power

Suggested Improvements

Accessories are a challenge to figure out how to use

Beautiful Car: Horrid Reliablitiy
By Autooracle

2005 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class Coupe CLK320 2dr Coupe (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

Reliability issues. Climate control: 5 times in the shop for now, and going in now for the 6th. Rough Idle: 4 times. Seat belt motor: 3 times. Driver's seat motor. Rain sensor activating on a dry windshield. Reverse Ttilt for rear view mirror: repaired 4 times. Radio: 2 times. Steer clear. Overall reliability of electrical items is horrid.

Favorite Features

Key dependency Automatic closing of windows by holding the key fob in the lock position.

Suggested Improvements

Improve electrical component quality.

Don't be fooled
By lglegl

2005 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class Coupe CLK500 2dr Coupe (5.0L 8cyl 7A)

Don't be fooled by the fact that the emblem says Mercedes Benz. The car is poorly designed and poorly built. Interior is cramped; upgraded sound system is tinny; radio reception is awful; climate control is poor, navigation system is impossible to use. At least 5 service visits in less than a year due to defects. This is more like a Reliant K than a Mercedes Benz!

Favorite Features

Styling is great but conceals the fact that this is a highly overpriced vehicle.

Suggested Improvements

Quality control, quality control, quality control!