2005 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class Coupe - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific CLK-Class model:
Best car ever
By MansBFisHisMercedes on 03/12/10 20:45 PM (PST)

2005 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class Coupe CLK320 2dr Coupe (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

I have owned this car for a couple months now, and I have never been so happy driving it.I'm a BMW person, and when I drove this,I don't think I want to have anything else but a Mercedes.The CLK has a timeless styling, that no other car could match.The pillarless design is genius, reduces blind spots and gives the car that sporty look.The cars performance is great actually,but it could use some more push. The car makes me feel real safe, and when I close the door it makes me feel like I got into a tank.The cars interior is one of the best out there,I got everything but cooled seats and parking sensors. Seats are real plush, and they hold you in in tight turns.The Front logo is my favorite.

Blown Away
By Picky on 02/16/10 10:45 AM (PST)

2005 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class Coupe CLK500 2dr Coupe (5.0L 8cyl 7A)

I just bought this car, but drove Lexus, BMW and other MBZ models before purchasing and there is not comparison. It handles amazing and the shifters give it the feel of a manual transmission without the annoying clutch. Feels roomier inside than other models and reeks of luxury and performance. I will have a hard time going down in class of car after this one. It is the most fun car I have driven and it is hard to leave it parked for long.

This is an excellent choice!
By Michael Stuart on 10/02/08 22:48 PM (PDT)

2005 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class Coupe CLK500 2dr Coupe (5.0L 8cyl 7A)

This car is everything I'd hoped it was. Very powerful and responsive V-8 not only delivers but is comfortable to drive. I'm 6'0" 205lbs and my only comfort issue is that it sits so low that it's a bit difficult to get in and out of

Beautiful Car: Horrid Reliablitiy
By Autooracle on 11/04/07 18:28 PM (PST)

2005 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class Coupe CLK320 2dr Coupe (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

Reliability issues. Climate control: 5 times in the shop for now, and going in now for the 6th. Rough Idle: 4 times. Seat belt motor: 3 times. Driver's seat motor. Rain sensor activating on a dry windshield. Reverse Ttilt for rear view mirror: repaired 4 times. Radio: 2 times. Steer clear. Overall reliability of electrical items is horrid.

Don't be fooled
By lglegl on 01/05/06 21:01 PM (PST)

2005 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class Coupe CLK500 2dr Coupe (5.0L 8cyl 7A)

Don't be fooled by the fact that the emblem says Mercedes Benz. The car is poorly designed and poorly built. Interior is cramped; upgraded sound system is tinny; radio reception is awful; climate control is poor, navigation system is impossible to use. At least 5 service visits in less than a year due to defects. This is more like a Reliant K than a Mercedes Benz!

Absolutely Gorgeous, 2nd to none
By Thuc on 11/18/05 21:07 PM (PST)

2005 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class Coupe CLK320 2dr Coupe (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

This car is probably one of the best looking cars on the road. It is a perfect blend of luxury and sportiness. It drives effortlessly, though maintains solid grip of the road. I had the previous generation model before, and the current model has a much stiffer suspension and tighter handling. The car's beauty makes a strong statement of style and is in a class of its own.

CLK500
By CLk500 coupe on 11/16/05 23:00 PM (PST)

2005 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class Coupe CLK500 2dr Coupe (5.0L 8cyl 7A)

Great riding and driving car. After almost 10k miles 0 defects! Does not appear to enjoy the resale value of my 2000! However I feel the car is far superior to my previous CLK430!

Love it
By Phyllis on 08/11/05 18:57 PM (PDT)

2005 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class Coupe CLK500 2dr Coupe (5.0L 8cyl 7A)

This is my 4th CLK. Loved them all. Holds the road great. The new cupholder I prefer, however, I do hear complaints that there is a need for two. A tire inflation monitor would be helpful. So as you can see, don't have any complaints.

CLK320- a sporty luxury car
By ajb723 on 06/14/05 01:54 AM (PDT)

2005 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class Coupe CLK320 2dr Coupe (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

I have had my CLK320 coupe for 2 months, replacing a BMW330i. I was hesitant to make the change, but I'm glad I did. The 320 is much better looking, both inside and out, and the navigation system is a bonus. It is fun, easy to use, and frightening in its accuracy. Acceleration seems not up to the BMW, but is more than adequate for my needs.

"Transformer!"
By dfg on 04/28/05 09:35 AM (PDT)

2005 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class Coupe CLK320 2dr Coupe (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

As my son(6) says..."ahh sweeet, you got a transformer car!" Love the push button top up/down. And it's hidden in the trunk. Stuck in traffic? No problem. Put the top up at the light! I love it all, but the cupholder is too far away, and radio station settings are too complicated. Plenty of room in the back seat. Trunk has enough room for shopping at Costco. Another drawback... too much attention.