2005 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class Convertible - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific CLK-Class model:
FIVE YEARS AND HAPPY
By FIVE YEARS OF FUN on 03/25/10 13:24 PM (PDT)

2005 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class Convertible CLK320 2dr Cabriolet (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

Bought this car in December 2004 for my wife and we have enjoyed the car a lot. The car has been pretty good as far as problems. If I were thinking of buying a used one I would check the service record of the car and if it did not have a problem history, I would buy one. I have found in driving Mercedes Benz it really depends on if you get one that is made good or one that is a lemon. I have had both in my 30 years of Mercedes. They are very expensive cars to buy and to maintain but style and good looks and the Mercedes emblem never have come cheap.

Tires leaking air - AMG wheels
By MaryF on 10/17/09 11:53 AM (PDT)

2005 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class Convertible CLK320 2dr Cabriolet (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

First I would like to say that I love this vehicle. However, I am having one tremendous problem. My tires are leaking air randomly, about every 2 to 3 weeks, to the point of being flat. I replaced the tires 18 months ago but I am still having this problem even more often. I've taken the car to the tire dealer at least half a dozen times and he has sealed the rims but told me the chrome on the AMG rims is bubbling inside the bead rim and is causing the leaks. I don't know if he is just trying to sell me new rims or what the deal is. Anyone else having this problem?

Exceeded expectations
By Joey on 01/18/07 14:15 PM (PST)

2005 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class Convertible CLK320 2dr Cabriolet (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

I consider myself a savvy consumer and when a popular consumer's mag didn't produce a top notch review, at first I was skeptical. Now after living with the MB320CLK for almost 2 1/2 years, I couldn't be more in love with this vehicle since the day I purchased it for my wife's wedding. It remains absolutely flawless in every aspect. Great looking car, great handling, and you just can't beat a convertible like this in the California sun!

I love my car
By WALTER on 03/28/06 05:53 AM (PST)

2005 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class Convertible CLK320 2dr Cabriolet (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

This car is excellent. It is peppy and tight, handles and corners beautifully. The top retracts rapidly and is the quietest convertable I have ever had. The finish is fine and I have no second thoughts at having leased it.

A little disappointed
By Nathan B. on 11/21/05 19:55 PM (PST)

2005 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class Convertible CLK320 2dr Cabriolet (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

We searched forever for the perfect family convertible and wanted the class that Mercedes could offer. This was my first Mercedes purchase. This car is only driven on the weekends and only has about 1500 miles since purchase four months ago. Within 500 miles we developed a huge rattle under the car. Took it in and it was fixed right away. A bolt was missing from the exhaust system (never installed according to the dealer). Now at 1500 miles we have to have something in the front steering replaced because it has a leak. The part is 4-5 weeks out and we have to bring the car back in again. As far as driving it; I love it. It is a beautiful car and drives nice (when its not in the shop).

It has almost everything
By vic kasner on 09/19/05 18:22 PM (PDT)

2005 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class Convertible CLK320 2dr Cabriolet (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

Excellent all around vehicle. Some obvious features missing that is found in lesser priced vehicles. eg compass, easily accessable change holder (lifting up armrest is cumbersome), poorly located cup holder without provision for passenger

Almost Perfect
By Carolyn Volatile on 08/04/05 11:10 AM (PDT)

2005 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class Convertible CLK320 2dr Cabriolet (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

The cup holder still a joke and it could use more power, but other than that, a thrill to drive. Great handling, styling and reliability

Sweet Ride
By Walt on 07/16/05 15:11 PM (PDT)

2005 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class Convertible CLK320 2dr Cabriolet (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

My CLK 320 is a sweet ride. The convertible is a must and makes me cheer out loud while driving. It handles beautifully and is tops in luxury. The only problem I've had is a fuse to my speakers that keeps popping. I take it out and it resets, but I'll be worried if it keeps happening. The car looks great, is big enough for four (if the back two are short) and so far, the mileage is OK. About 20 mpg. Everything is automated, the sound system sounds superb, it handles well and it just makes you feel like a million. Since I'm a new owner, I can't say how the service is but it had better be great or I'll change this review. Overall, I love this car.

Love It
By Walter Silverstein on 06/10/05 11:35 AM (PDT)

2005 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class Convertible CLK320 2dr Cabriolet (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

The car looks and runs great. It is a pleasure to drive. This is my 16th Benz, and they are still great. I also have a BMW 745IL, but enjoy the Benz much more.

Loving my Benz
By Queen on 06/04/05 22:26 PM (PDT)

2005 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class Convertible CLK320 2dr Cabriolet (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

I took delivery of my 2005 CLK 320 in August 2004. I love my car. It is black with the stone interior, and although the interior is murder to keep clean, especially the road dust when you drive with the top down that settles everywhere, it is a beautiful, classy, fun to drive car. I traded a BMW 325ci for this car, and I think the BMW handles better, more like a sports car, and the Benz handles like a sedan. However, I have made the adjustment, and am enjoying my new Benz.