2005 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class Convertible - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific CLK-Class model:
Sobering Realization
By bizzybee81 on 04/01/13 13:15 PM (PDT)

2005 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class Convertible CLK500 2dr Cabriolet (5.0L 8cyl 7A)

After 5 years of ownership, having purchased new, once my extended warranty (5 yr, 100k miles) ended, the sobering realization that major repairs costing more than the car is worth was a wake-up call. I'm being told by the dealer and MBUSA that the 7-speed transmission and torque convertor has to be replaced at a cost of $7k. With just barely over 130k miles, this first generation tranny is now defunct. It turns out it was a sealed transmission with no prescribed maintenance schedule to prevent problems. I'm told metal seems to be floating around and it has to be replaced -- at full cost to me! What OEM does that?? Add to that another $8k in other repairs, and $15k!! Last MB I'll ever buy.

FIVE YEARS AND HAPPY
By FIVE YEARS OF FUN on 03/25/10 13:24 PM (PDT)

2005 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class Convertible CLK320 2dr Cabriolet (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

Bought this car in December 2004 for my wife and we have enjoyed the car a lot. The car has been pretty good as far as problems. If I were thinking of buying a used one I would check the service record of the car and if it did not have a problem history, I would buy one. I have found in driving Mercedes Benz it really depends on if you get one that is made good or one that is a lemon. I have had both in my 30 years of Mercedes. They are very expensive cars to buy and to maintain but style and good looks and the Mercedes emblem never have come cheap.

Tires leaking air - AMG wheels
By MaryF on 10/17/09 11:53 AM (PDT)

2005 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class Convertible CLK320 2dr Cabriolet (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

First I would like to say that I love this vehicle. However, I am having one tremendous problem. My tires are leaking air randomly, about every 2 to 3 weeks, to the point of being flat. I replaced the tires 18 months ago but I am still having this problem even more often. I've taken the car to the tire dealer at least half a dozen times and he has sealed the rims but told me the chrome on the AMG rims is bubbling inside the bead rim and is causing the leaks. I don't know if he is just trying to sell me new rims or what the deal is. Anyone else having this problem?

Summer Ride
By Sean on 03/01/09 17:53 PM (PST)

2005 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class Convertible CLK500 2dr Cabriolet (5.0L 8cyl 7A)

I have a triple black CLK 500 convertible. It is very fun to drive with that V8 under the hood! It handles great and rides like a dream!

Wife's car
By JustOK on 03/21/07 23:10 PM (PDT)

2005 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class Convertible CLK500 2dr Cabriolet (5.0L 8cyl 7A)

As the title explains, this is my wife's car, I drive a 4-Runner. With a totally un-biased account, I can honestly say this car is too narrow for my 6' 215 lbs. frame. The seats aren't very comfortable, No lumbard support/ adjustment. The controls/ navigation are difficult to master and as mentioned in previous ratings, one cup holder. Now with all that said, I do have to compliment it's mechanical refinement. I mean The Germans are leaps and bounds ahead of us in the automobile industry. I don't have to change the oil for 13,000 miles! We debate over 3 to 5000? The 5 ltr. engine is mated to a 7-spd A/T. for a flawless performance. Man, I wish it were wider...or I was smaller.

Exceeded expectations
By Joey on 01/18/07 14:15 PM (PST)

2005 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class Convertible CLK320 2dr Cabriolet (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

I consider myself a savvy consumer and when a popular consumer's mag didn't produce a top notch review, at first I was skeptical. Now after living with the MB320CLK for almost 2 1/2 years, I couldn't be more in love with this vehicle since the day I purchased it for my wife's wedding. It remains absolutely flawless in every aspect. Great looking car, great handling, and you just can't beat a convertible like this in the California sun!

I love my car
By WALTER on 03/28/06 05:53 AM (PST)

2005 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class Convertible CLK320 2dr Cabriolet (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

This car is excellent. It is peppy and tight, handles and corners beautifully. The top retracts rapidly and is the quietest convertable I have ever had. The finish is fine and I have no second thoughts at having leased it.

A little disappointed
By Nathan B. on 11/21/05 19:55 PM (PST)

2005 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class Convertible CLK320 2dr Cabriolet (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

We searched forever for the perfect family convertible and wanted the class that Mercedes could offer. This was my first Mercedes purchase. This car is only driven on the weekends and only has about 1500 miles since purchase four months ago. Within 500 miles we developed a huge rattle under the car. Took it in and it was fixed right away. A bolt was missing from the exhaust system (never installed according to the dealer). Now at 1500 miles we have to have something in the front steering replaced because it has a leak. The part is 4-5 weeks out and we have to bring the car back in again. As far as driving it; I love it. It is a beautiful car and drives nice (when its not in the shop).

It has almost everything
By vic kasner on 09/19/05 18:22 PM (PDT)

2005 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class Convertible CLK320 2dr Cabriolet (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

Excellent all around vehicle. Some obvious features missing that is found in lesser priced vehicles. eg compass, easily accessable change holder (lifting up armrest is cumbersome), poorly located cup holder without provision for passenger

Topless beauty
By sammy on 09/05/05 17:05 PM (PDT)

2005 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class Convertible CLK500 2dr Cabriolet (5.0L 8cyl 7A)

This Benz is beautiful with the practicality of four seats. Sensual with or without the top. Smooth delivery of power thru 7 sp tranny. Had problems with the keyless go which required a few trips to the dealership. Finally, they replaced a key component. The stereo started to blast (mostly static) by itself, as if it was possessed. It would only happen sporadically. This problem was linked to the keyless go and was repaired. That was about a year ago. Since then, so far so good. It sure does get alot of looks.

1 2 3 4 5 next »