2005 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific CLK-Class model:
2005 CLK 55 AMG
By Mike Evans on 11/08/08 08:16 AM (PST)

2005 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class CLK55 AMG 2dr Cabriolet (5.4L 8cyl 5A)

I purchased my CLK 55 AMG convertible is Southampton NY. The car is fast, handles very well and is terrible on gas. (but I knew that from the start) The interior could use some work, especially the rear seats (just make it a 2 seater) Navigation system is onpoint, sound system is clean but confusing. (still havent figured out how to change the clock time) I do get compliments on the car evertime I leave the driveway.

Classy chassis
By RedRocket on 02/05/08 07:13 AM (PST)

2005 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class CLK55 AMG 2dr Cabriolet (5.4L 8cyl 5A)

I have been driving this feat of engineering for 1 month waiting for the winter to die so I can drop the top. Yesterday was just warm enough. What a thrill! I felt like a million bucks. Everything is so automatic and intuitive. Everything works exactly as designed. Being a designer i appreciate the complexity while being simple. the only engineering that may need work is the audio system controls which are a bit confusing. Hopefully, God willing, I will never own a lesser vehicle.

head rush!
By CA Entrepreneur on 12/28/05 20:31 PM (PST)

2005 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class CLK55 AMG 2dr Cabriolet (5.4L 8cyl 5A)

What a head rush it is to drive this car! Even at top speeds it floats and is the smoothest ride I have ever experienced. I liken the feel of the engine when stepping down on the pedal to going into hyperspace. This thing's a rocket! Sure, I've had little things go wrong but that's what happens when you have such complicated electronics. I would definitely buy this car again even though I paid over sticker because of its rarity and popularity.

Mercedes or Ford Topaz
By CLK AMG 55 Owner on 07/06/05 10:10 AM (PDT)

2005 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class CLK55 AMG 2dr Cabriolet (5.4L 8cyl 5A)

I did not like the body style from the start, but I bought one anyway, fully loaded with everything possible. I paid $97,484 for this car. The dealership went through all the details how to operate the radio etc., but it was very confusing and illogical how to use all the features, I drove this car very little, it was slow for a supposed fast car. I put 130 miles on it and the speedomer stuck on 20MP. Took it back to the dealer, they had to put in a whole new assembly. Did not like this car. It is way overpriced and not easy to see out of or drive. I sold it back to dealer for 65,000 taking a 30,000 loss, better than 50K loss this car is not worth more than 30k.

Great fun, and solid
By sark on 06/10/05 16:22 PM (PDT)

2005 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class CLK55 AMG 2dr Cabriolet (5.4L 8cyl 5A)

The car is really a gem and fun to drive. I have been a bit dissapointed by the little things that went wrong. The seat belt assist mechanism, the cheap center console and an alarm that had a mind of its own until the dealer fixed it. I paid sticker so I guess I expected closer to perfect. However, top down with the wife and kids is a blast and it's my favorite car in the sector.

It's a winner
By NJS on 05/04/05 05:32 AM (PDT)

2005 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class CLK55 AMG 2dr Cabriolet (5.4L 8cyl 5A)

Super sporty with a ton of power. Very sleek design is definately an eye catcher. Very sophisticated electronics and audio system.

Falling Short of Expectations
By terrier on 09/13/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2005 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class CLK55 AMG 2dr Cabriolet (5.4L 8cyl 5A)

Paid top dollar for what turned out to be a real dissapointment> Poor quality, and terrible dealer support (Claridges in Fremont, CA). We'll never buy another car from them again.