2004 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class Consumer Review: CLK and Truth

2004 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class Coupe - Consumer Review

CLK and Truth
By Simon X on

2004 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class CLK320 2dr Coupe (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

I have owned this car for all of 1 month now. I read the reviews and everyone has an opinion. For the most part good, a few not so good perhaps. I have been a BMW driver for over a decade and this is my first Mercedes Benz. While I am used to a younger, sportier appeal in cars, the CLK 320 has changed my whole view of MB and the definition of fun, safe, sporty and elegant. If you have reservations about this car at all, I'm here to put your mind at ease. You will not be disappointed. You will probably drive this car for a long long time. My commute has become the fun part of my day!

The little details...the button that puts the rear headrests down for better visibility. The cupholder that's flush with the dash but pops open with a push. The rear air vents for backseat passengers. The fold down seats for hauling lengthy items.

Only three...17" wheels should be standard. Perhaps one more cup holder for your front passenger (strangely enough there are two for the rear passengers) and an easy access change holder for meter money. None of these are deal breakers, can't say it really matters all that much.