Used 2004 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class Coupe Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2004 Mercedes-benz Clk-class - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific CLK-Class model:

Perfection
By myclk500

2004 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class Coupe CLK500 2dr Coupe (5.0L 8cyl 5A)

The fastest and most powerful vehicle I have ever driven, the car just feels like it wants more no matter how much you give it.

Favorite Features

V8 Engine, Xenon Lights, No B Pillar

Suggested Improvements

None!!

HAPPY AS A CLAM
By CURMUDGEON

2004 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class Coupe CLK320 2dr Coupe (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

ALWAYS DREAMED OF OWNING ONE--NOW I KNOW WHY!! THIS THING IS CLASS ON WHEELS!! I'M NOT A SHOWOFF, BUT I CAN'T HELP IT. FOLKS CONGREGATE AROUND THIS BEAUTY. CONSIDERED BMW AND LIKED IT VERY MUCH, BUT FOR A BEAUTIFUL MIX OF STYLE, PERFORMANCE AND COMFORT, YOU CAN'T MISS WITH THE CLK320!!!!!!!!!

Favorite Features

CAN'T HELP FEELING LIKE A TYCOON, DRIVING THIS THING!! THAT STAR ON THE GRILL MAKES EYES POP! I ENJOY COMFORT AND AS MUCH ZIP AS I'M ALLOWED TO USE ANYWHERE!

Suggested Improvements

THE FELLOW THAT DESIGNED THE CONTROLS FOR A/C, POWER SEATING AND THE MYRIAD OF OPTIONS IN MY CAR SHOULD BE MADE TO COME OVER HERE AND SHOW ME HOW TO USE THEM!!! BUT!!!! IT'S FUN TO HAVE SOMETHING TO FIDDLE WITH AND I NEEDED A MEASURE OF HUMILITY.

Disappointment
By Clemanto

2004 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class Coupe CLK500 2dr Coupe (5.0L 8cyl 5A)

I got this car in May, 03 when my leased was ended with BMW 3 series. The CLK is powerful and hot looking. However, the quality is no comparison with BMW. The car engine is noisy, lack of cup holder, electronic problems like my navigation will suddenly go blank, the cd changer can't detact my cd and etc, AC is not cold, the stereo is not as good as i expect from BOSE ( Harmon kardon in BMW is better ). I am just wondering what Chrysler has done on this car and didn't expect paying over 58k would get this kind of car. After a year driving this car, i am swtiching back to BMW.

Favorite Features

the rear seat window.

Suggested Improvements

Cup holder. Electronic problem. DVD BASED navigation!!! Make the engine quiet. Sound system... should be better....

No "B" pillar - ya' gotta love it!
By dperryman1

2004 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class Coupe CLK500 2dr Coupe (5.0L 8cyl 5A)

Great car. I had a '99 CLK320 and there is no comparison with this car - more performance and refinement. Only slightly negative so far is the ventilation system which seems to add a lot of engine heat.

Favorite Features

Looks, build quality, body stiffness, acceleration, and exhaust note. More cup holders? Come on, get a mini- van....

Suggested Improvements

ventilation system should bring in fresh air and not increase temperature.

Totaly in Love
By Jaygee

2004 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class Coupe CLK500 2dr Coupe (5.0L 8cyl 5A)

I thought I was in love before with my 2002 CLK 430, but nothing compares to this ride. I was kind of skeptical, only because the 2002 model seemed a bit more sleek from the back, but once yiu ride it, nothing compares to it.

Favorite Features

The seat belt help. And the power of the car. It is most definetly a car that gets a lot of looks.

Suggested Improvements

Fuel economy. Needs to be worked on.