2004 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific CLK-Class model:
Mikes CLK
By the great one on 05/28/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class CLK500 2dr Cabriolet (5.0L 8cyl 5A)

UNREAL CAR there is nothing better real class car

HAPPY AS A CLAM
By CURMUDGEON on 05/23/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class CLK320 2dr Coupe (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

ALWAYS DREAMED OF OWNING ONE--NOW I KNOW WHY!! THIS THING IS CLASS ON WHEELS!! I'M NOT A SHOWOFF, BUT I CAN'T HELP IT. FOLKS CONGREGATE AROUND THIS BEAUTY. CONSIDERED BMW AND LIKED IT VERY MUCH, BUT FOR A BEAUTIFUL MIX OF STYLE, PERFORMANCE AND COMFORT, YOU CAN'T MISS WITH THE CLK320!!!!!!!!!

Disappointment
By Clemanto on 05/18/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class CLK500 2dr Coupe (5.0L 8cyl 5A)

I got this car in May, 03 when my leased was ended with BMW 3 series. The CLK is powerful and hot looking. However, the quality is no comparison with BMW. The car engine is noisy, lack of cup holder, electronic problems like my navigation will suddenly go blank, the cd changer can't detact my cd and etc, AC is not cold, the stereo is not as good as i expect from BOSE ( Harmon kardon in BMW is better ). I am just wondering what Chrysler has done on this car and didn't expect paying over 58k would get this kind of car. After a year driving this car, i am swtiching back to BMW.

Flip's review
By FlipV on 05/11/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class CLK320 2dr Cabriolet (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

This is my second MB and the exceptional quality and workmanship is unsurpassed. Vehicle is perfect for everyday driving or short trips. I especially recommend the active ventilated seats, living in Florida these are a real plus with the top down and the sun shinning.

No "B" pillar - ya' gotta love it!
By dperryman1 on 05/08/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class CLK500 2dr Coupe (5.0L 8cyl 5A)

Great car. I had a '99 CLK320 and there is no comparison with this car - more performance and refinement. Only slightly negative so far is the ventilation system which seems to add a lot of engine heat.

Review of 2004 CLK 500 Convertible
By Robert J. Gagliano on 05/08/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class CLK500 2dr Cabriolet (5.0L 8cyl 5A)

This car is abosolutely great in every way!

Totaly in Love
By Jaygee on 05/05/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class CLK500 2dr Coupe (5.0L 8cyl 5A)

I thought I was in love before with my 2002 CLK 430, but nothing compares to this ride. I was kind of skeptical, only because the 2002 model seemed a bit more sleek from the back, but once yiu ride it, nothing compares to it.

Just bought new car in 3/04 - in shop
By girl327 on 04/30/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class CLK500 2dr Cabriolet (5.0L 8cyl 5A)

We just got the MB clk 500 and it has been in the shop 2x in 30 days. Today day 30 - the transmission gave. Love the style hate the quality. beware!

Don't Buy One
By Scubabelle on 04/25/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class CLK500 2dr Coupe (5.0L 8cyl 5A)

I immediately had problems (sunroof rattle, rattle/creaking from the dash, poor a/c, squeeking brakes, etc.). The dealership couldn't "duplicate" the problems and denied they existed. My car was in the shop approx 20+ days in nine months. I called the dealership, it's owner (AutoNation) and Mbz Customer Relations. After approx 50 calls (no exaggeration), I finally got Mbz to buy it back under the Calif. Lemon Law. They kept putting me off hoping I would go away. The only reason I got them to buy it back is because I didn't give up - certainly not because anyone cared about doing the right thing. I will never buy a Mercedes again.

Overpriced poor body design
By djjs31 on 04/23/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class CLK500 2dr Cabriolet (5.0L 8cyl 5A)

This car is at least 20K over priced and the body style looks like a mercury topaz.