2004 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class Coupe - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific CLK-Class model:
Don't Buy One
By Scubabelle on 04/25/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class Coupe CLK500 2dr Coupe (5.0L 8cyl 5A)

I immediately had problems (sunroof rattle, rattle/creaking from the dash, poor a/c, squeeking brakes, etc.). The dealership couldn't "duplicate" the problems and denied they existed. My car was in the shop approx 20+ days in nine months. I called the dealership, it's owner (AutoNation) and Mbz Customer Relations. After approx 50 calls (no exaggeration), I finally got Mbz to buy it back under the Calif. Lemon Law. They kept putting me off hoping I would go away. The only reason I got them to buy it back is because I didn't give up - certainly not because anyone cared about doing the right thing. I will never buy a Mercedes again.

Truly Outstanding!
By Cubby on 04/23/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class Coupe CLK320 2dr Coupe (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

What an elegant yet sporty vehicle! It drives like a dream and is such a head- turner. I think the appearance package is a must as is the burl walnut steering wheel. The wheel coordinates nicely with the walnut interior. It's a fantastic lovely convertible; much nicer than all of the others out there!! I rarely drive anywhere without someone commenting on it's loveliness!

Love My Ride
By TamaraHolder on 04/21/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class Coupe CLK500 2dr Coupe (5.0L 8cyl 5A)

Couldn't get a cooler car! My only complaints are that I feel like my car guzzles gas more than our large Navigator and that the inside doesn't have enough bells & whistles. But I feel so awesome in my new ride. It's fast, sleek and sexy. And don't get the 320 - gotta get more power in the 500.

03 CLK 500 coupe
By Anthonym on 04/16/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class Coupe CLK500 2dr Coupe (5.0L 8cyl 5A)

love this car. I traded in my 2000 Clk 430 for the 500. Big performance improvement and body stiffness (not that the 430 was bad at all). design is not as aggressive as the 430 but grows on you...cleaner styling.

Suggested Improvements
By Frank D. Piperato on 04/11/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class Coupe CLK320 2dr Coupe (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

I love this car!!! Only problems, 1. Location of buttons on the drivers side door panel to adjust seats are difficult to find at night while driving.

Black CLK 320
By Conrad Christensen on 03/21/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class Coupe CLK320 2dr Coupe (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

Styling of the black interior and exterior of our CLK coupe is what determined our buy, plus the good over all experience of the l998 E 320 sedan we turned in with excellent engine and ride performance. I do wish the doors had a more solid feel when shut on the CLK

DREAM CAR
By Mother of 3 boys on 03/17/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class Coupe CLK500 2dr Coupe (5.0L 8cyl 5A)

This has been my dream car from the moment I saw it years ago. And I finally got one. It is sporty, handles extremely well, just an overall fun and powerful car. I absolutely love it!!!! But as a mother of 3 boys I had to keep a second car. This one is just not made for a family. But I still LOVE it!!!

snow= no go
By snow bound on 03/06/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class Coupe CLK500 2dr Coupe (5.0L 8cyl 5A)

I love my CLK 500 but in the snow.. its a no go... make sure to realize this if you live in an area that receives lots of snow. 1 inch is one inch too many for the CLK-500.... other than that it is a great car with a terrific engine...

sebaplus
By seba on 02/29/04 00:00 AM (PST)

sublime styling & performance

The kids are gone!
By ctpeter on 02/17/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class Coupe CLK320 2dr Coupe (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

Gotta love this car ... with the kids gone, a coupe was back in the picture .... great styling , performance , and finishes were key to the purchase decision. Chose the 320 over the 500 mostly due to its fuel economy and its power was more than enuf for my largely highway driving