Used 2004 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class CLK500 Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2004 Mercedes-benz Clk-class - Consumer Reviews

2004 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class

View reviews for a specific CLK-Class model:

Awfully NICE!
By BMW TO MB

2004 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class CLK500 2dr Coupe (5.0L 8cyl 5A)

This V8 powered luxury coupe is a blast. Rockets to cruising speed and handles and brakes with solid confidence. Not up to BMW standards of drivability and certainly not your BORING Japanesse softness, so a great compromise between performance and luxury. It IS a Mercedes so a great ride..plus the dealer was willing to deal! Not the take it or leave it BMW attitude. I have owned several but they lost me this time.

Favorite Features

POWER, quietness, luxury, style. Fold down, pass-thru rear seats are quite handy too!

Suggested Improvements

match radio and a/c lights to soft instrument panel illumination. simplify feature menus and trip computer.

Awesome car
By fadious

2004 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class CLK500 2dr Coupe (5.0L 8cyl 5A)

This has been a treat. I did the European delivery program and the trip was amazing. I feel bad that we have speed limits in America. This car was phenomenal on the autobahn. AT 130mph, I put it on cruise control and I could take any curve easily. The stability on it was amazing and I loved racing with BMWs and blowing the hell out of them. I did pay the price as I had to gas every day for over $100 each time but it was worth it.

Favorite Features

The navigation system and the cruise control are amazing. The electric brakes are amazing once you know how to control them

Suggested Improvements

The CLK55 needs a bigger engine because the difference between this clk500 and the clk55 is not enough to warrant $25000

Luxury Rocket
By williamC

2004 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class CLK500 2dr Coupe (5.0L 8cyl 5A)

Not as aggressive as BMW, not as soft as Lexus. Great combination of performnce and Luxury in a super attractive package. Looked at this car because ticked off at BMW service over petty problem...now glad of it! Still, nothing quite handles like BMW, CLK comes close and is much, much more functional. PLUS< DEALER WILLING TO NEGOTIATE unlike BMW who always seem to have take it or leave it attitude, even with current owners(used to be 2 in our case)

Favorite Features

Style, acceleration, open feeling, fold down rear seats.

Suggested Improvements

all the things the Germans traditionally ignore...cupholders, up to date electronics, etc.

Incredible Ride
By corplaw425

2004 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class CLK500 2dr Coupe (5.0L 8cyl 5A)

I purchased a 2004 CLK500 at Barrier in Bellevue, Wash., in June 2004. I have owned and driven several German automobiles in the past and this blows them all away. The styling draws attention wherever I go, and the performance and ride are incredible. This is by far the best car I have ever had.

Favorite Features

Styling, power

MB finally has a a car to exceed BMW
By BEMDBLU

2004 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class CLK500 2dr Coupe (5.0L 8cyl 5A)

I have had 11 BMWs including 3 seies coupes and convertibles, 6 series, 7 series including a 750. This cars performance and styling has finally approciated and now exceeded what is available from BMW. The designers finally put together a package which I have been waiting for. Speed, looks and reliability.

Favorite Features

acceleration and looks. The the MB dash has finally caught up to the present.

Suggested Improvements

sure a 2nd cup holder would be nice but let's face it, does it really matter?