2004 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific CLK-Class model:
class act
By Crashman1 on 06/10/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class CLK500 2dr Coupe (5.0L 8cyl 5A)

Solid fun, great power, super styling, MB quality in a affordable package with headturning appeal.

Perfection
By myclk500 on 05/29/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class CLK500 2dr Coupe (5.0L 8cyl 5A)

The fastest and most powerful vehicle I have ever driven, the car just feels like it wants more no matter how much you give it.

Disappointment
By Clemanto on 05/18/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class CLK500 2dr Coupe (5.0L 8cyl 5A)

I got this car in May, 03 when my leased was ended with BMW 3 series. The CLK is powerful and hot looking. However, the quality is no comparison with BMW. The car engine is noisy, lack of cup holder, electronic problems like my navigation will suddenly go blank, the cd changer can't detact my cd and etc, AC is not cold, the stereo is not as good as i expect from BOSE ( Harmon kardon in BMW is better ). I am just wondering what Chrysler has done on this car and didn't expect paying over 58k would get this kind of car. After a year driving this car, i am swtiching back to BMW.

No "B" pillar - ya' gotta love it!
By dperryman1 on 05/08/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class CLK500 2dr Coupe (5.0L 8cyl 5A)

Great car. I had a '99 CLK320 and there is no comparison with this car - more performance and refinement. Only slightly negative so far is the ventilation system which seems to add a lot of engine heat.

Totaly in Love
By Jaygee on 05/05/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class CLK500 2dr Coupe (5.0L 8cyl 5A)

I thought I was in love before with my 2002 CLK 430, but nothing compares to this ride. I was kind of skeptical, only because the 2002 model seemed a bit more sleek from the back, but once yiu ride it, nothing compares to it.

Don't Buy One
By Scubabelle on 04/25/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class CLK500 2dr Coupe (5.0L 8cyl 5A)

I immediately had problems (sunroof rattle, rattle/creaking from the dash, poor a/c, squeeking brakes, etc.). The dealership couldn't "duplicate" the problems and denied they existed. My car was in the shop approx 20+ days in nine months. I called the dealership, it's owner (AutoNation) and Mbz Customer Relations. After approx 50 calls (no exaggeration), I finally got Mbz to buy it back under the Calif. Lemon Law. They kept putting me off hoping I would go away. The only reason I got them to buy it back is because I didn't give up - certainly not because anyone cared about doing the right thing. I will never buy a Mercedes again.

Love My Ride
By TamaraHolder on 04/21/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class CLK500 2dr Coupe (5.0L 8cyl 5A)

Couldn't get a cooler car! My only complaints are that I feel like my car guzzles gas more than our large Navigator and that the inside doesn't have enough bells & whistles. But I feel so awesome in my new ride. It's fast, sleek and sexy. And don't get the 320 - gotta get more power in the 500.

03 CLK 500 coupe
By Anthonym on 04/16/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class CLK500 2dr Coupe (5.0L 8cyl 5A)

love this car. I traded in my 2000 Clk 430 for the 500. Big performance improvement and body stiffness (not that the 430 was bad at all). design is not as aggressive as the 430 but grows on you...cleaner styling.

DREAM CAR
By Mother of 3 boys on 03/17/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class CLK500 2dr Coupe (5.0L 8cyl 5A)

This has been my dream car from the moment I saw it years ago. And I finally got one. It is sporty, handles extremely well, just an overall fun and powerful car. I absolutely love it!!!! But as a mother of 3 boys I had to keep a second car. This one is just not made for a family. But I still LOVE it!!!

snow= no go
By snow bound on 03/06/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class CLK500 2dr Coupe (5.0L 8cyl 5A)

I love my CLK 500 but in the snow.. its a no go... make sure to realize this if you live in an area that receives lots of snow. 1 inch is one inch too many for the CLK-500.... other than that it is a great car with a terrific engine...