2004 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific CLK-Class model:
Perfect design
By clkowner on 08/31/07 19:59 PM (PDT)

2004 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class CLK500 2dr Coupe (5.0L 8cyl 5A)

This is a wonderful car. It manages to perform like a sports car without the punishing ride found in so many high performance cars. Everything it does is effortless.

Fun in the Sun
By John Sweeney on 05/10/07 08:47 AM (PDT)

2004 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class CLK320 2dr Cabriolet (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

I've owned my 2004 CLK cabriolet since new and use it for trips and top down driving. It's not my daily driver. I like the pickup in sport mode, the ride free of cowl shake and the looks with the top down. Luggage space is sparse unless the top is up. The optional AMG seating with more thigh and back support, heating and cooling and more controls is a must for tall drivers. Overall, I am very satisfied and have had zero defects or recalls.

Amazing Car
By jrhchicago on 03/11/07 22:31 PM (PDT)

2004 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class CLK55 AMG 2dr Coupe (5.4L 8cyl 5A)

Certainly the best car I have ever owned and the most fun to drive. I finally decided to go with some elegance in my sports car purchases and couldn't be happier. This car is stylish, feature rich and a monster when called upon. I would recommend this car to anyone considering a upper- crust sports car or who wants some oomph in a stylish daily driver.

Very Disappointed With This Car
By TIM on 01/30/07 10:08 AM (PST)

2004 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class CLK320 2dr Cabriolet (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

Waited 5 months for car to be delivered. Within 3 months of delivery we had a leak in the transmission that left the car inoperable. After two visits, they replaced the trans. Next the Zenon headlight started shorting out; it had to be replaced. Next was alignment issues, this car will wear out top quality tires in less than 12k miles of normal driving! My car has had to be aligned 3 times in 2 years. Next was the seatbelt, the mechanism that hands you the belt had to be replaced. And finally, today my wife is at the dealership having a gear replaced in the tilt steering mechanism. I am so disappointed in this car! I thought I was buying the best, but, I got a lemon! Buyer beware.

Too many malfunctions
By brad on 08/31/06 05:24 AM (PDT)

2004 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class CLK320 2dr Coupe (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

A beautiful car inside and out, but too many malfunctions. The tires only get 10- 12,000 miles. Automatic transmission failed after 30,000. The front upper console light panel blew after 1500 miles. Passenger window motor and headrest motor have needed to be replaced. Moonroof cables needed to be replaced after 25,000. Good mpg (24-26), and very comfortable and quiet.

Superlative car but real mileage is poor
By mstrebe on 04/19/06 01:40 AM (PDT)

2004 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class CLK500 2dr Cabriolet (5.0L 8cyl 5A)

The CLK500 cabrio is a fantastic car. No compromises with this car--it doesn't even really need four doors because you can drop to top with the keyfob so backseat passengers can comfortably enter standing up. I use it to get my kids and their carseats in more easily than seating them in our SUV. Performance is fantastic. 0-60 in under 6. I've done 135 in it and there's litterally no difference in handling between that and 65. Braking is astonishingly short. Great car for family guys who want a sports car or tall people--drivers up to 6'7". One warning though: The real mileage you'll get in this car is about 16.5 mpg.

Two CLK Lemons in a row!
By Rob Kennedy on 03/23/06 11:23 AM (PST)

2004 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class CLK320 2dr Cabriolet (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

I leased a 2001 that had nothing but problems. They assured me that it was extremely rare. Sucker! I leased a 2004 on condition that if I had problems they would let me out of the lease. Sucker! Even worse than the first one, and guess what, they won't even return my phone calls about getting out of the lease. The car spent so much time in the shop getting the same things fixed that I don't bother any more. Seats don't work, windshield makes cracking sounds, gas tank doesn't fill properly, cruise control analog/digital readings don't match, brakes squeal, and much more. Never get this car! My wife's BMW has never had a day of trouble. When I finally ditch this lemon I'm going BMW.

Love it
By vince palumbo on 03/12/06 06:02 AM (PST)

2004 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class CLK500 2dr Cabriolet (5.0L 8cyl 5A)

Great car-would like better use of wind screen. Instlation, storage,and design could be better. I find the computer system for information can be difficult to use such as oil level, time change etc. Of course it would nice if the trunk could be larger even at the expence of the back seat being a little smaller(hard to get my golf clubs in & out of the trunk. Also somewhere to place a second coffee cup. Having said all that, I love the car and would recommened it to anyone. P.S. I got my brother to buy one in 2006.

If you can afford it
By todd on 02/24/06 04:38 AM (PST)

2004 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class CLK500 2dr Coupe (5.0L 8cyl 5A)

This is a fantastic car to own. Sleek fast and a sheer pleasure to drive. Do not get the ventilated seats, makes them ride like hell. I didn't think I could pay $60 grand for a car and think it was worth the money. But I cannot wait to get another. Mercedes far excedes the customer service of the big 3. I leased mine for less than my Dad leases a 300c.

Wow, what a ride...
By Mike N. on 09/26/05 23:58 PM (PDT)

2004 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class CLK500 2dr Coupe (5.0L 8cyl 5A)

After a test drive on the 2004 Coupe, I was done for. It is just too exciting to drive. I had to have it. I've only had one other car that got the blood pumping like this - a BMW 540i. But this car is pure power and fits the driver like a glove. THe 302HP engine purrs like a lion and then springs to life. The cockpit is well designed, with most controls in easy reach. The computer can be programmed in all the expected luxury ways. Seems like MBZ did a great job on this.