Used 2004 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2004 Mercedes-benz Clk-class - Consumer Reviews

2004 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class

View reviews for a specific CLK-Class model:

Review of 2004 CLK 500 Convertible
By Robert J. Gagliano

2004 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class CLK500 2dr Cabriolet (5.0L 8cyl 5A)

This car is abosolutely great in every way!

Favorite Features

I (we) like everything about it. The top is really easy to use and the performance and handling are outstanding.

Suggested Improvements

The command system is a bit complicated and could be more user friendly in my opinion. This is a minor nit at best.

Totaly in Love
By Jaygee

2004 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class CLK500 2dr Coupe (5.0L 8cyl 5A)

I thought I was in love before with my 2002 CLK 430, but nothing compares to this ride. I was kind of skeptical, only because the 2002 model seemed a bit more sleek from the back, but once yiu ride it, nothing compares to it.

Favorite Features

The seat belt help. And the power of the car. It is most definetly a car that gets a lot of looks.

Suggested Improvements

Fuel economy. Needs to be worked on.

Just bought new car in 3/04 - in shop
By girl327

2004 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class CLK500 2dr Cabriolet (5.0L 8cyl 5A)

We just got the MB clk 500 and it has been in the shop 2x in 30 days. Today day 30 - the transmission gave. Love the style hate the quality. beware!

Suggested Improvements

Don't break down in the first month of purchase

Don't Buy One
By Scubabelle

2004 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class CLK500 2dr Coupe (5.0L 8cyl 5A)

I immediately had problems (sunroof rattle, rattle/creaking from the dash, poor a/c, squeeking brakes, etc.). The dealership couldn't "duplicate" the problems and denied they existed. My car was in the shop approx 20+ days in nine months. I called the dealership, it's owner (AutoNation) and Mbz Customer Relations. After approx 50 calls (no exaggeration), I finally got Mbz to buy it back under the Calif. Lemon Law. They kept putting me off hoping I would go away. The only reason I got them to buy it back is because I didn't give up - certainly not because anyone cared about doing the right thing. I will never buy a Mercedes again.

Favorite Features

It was fun to drive - great acceleration and power.

Suggested Improvements

The cup holder location is stupid. One bump in the road and it spills your drink on the control panel. Fluid (in my case coffee) gets in between the buttons and it's impossible to clean.

Truly Outstanding!
By Cubby

2004 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class CLK320 2dr Coupe (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

What an elegant yet sporty vehicle! It drives like a dream and is such a head- turner. I think the appearance package is a must as is the burl walnut steering wheel. The wheel coordinates nicely with the walnut interior. It's a fantastic lovely convertible; much nicer than all of the others out there!! I rarely drive anywhere without someone commenting on it's loveliness!

Favorite Features

It's gorgeous appearance, the way the appearance package special wheels look on the black exterior with the charcoal interior. Walnut accents and walnut wheel add to the elegant and sporty look...Well worth the extra money!

Suggested Improvements

cup holders! The one flaw, is it only has one cup holder.