2004 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific CLK-Class model:
Luv My CLK
By SCSteph on 01/21/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class CLK320 2dr Coupe (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

At first, I was skeptical to go back into a coupe. My two previous vehicles were SUVs. The body style is what first caught my attention. I also like that you do not see the CLK everywhere you go. After the test drive, the only question was cabriolet or coupe. The CLK drives so well and handles even better. I would like to have better gas mileage, but the safety features far outweigh an extra 5 mpg. I may never need the airbags or SOS, but just knowing they are there gives me peace of mind. This is a fun car to own and drive.

New CLK 500 Cab
By dtmergnc on 01/21/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class CLK500 2dr Cabriolet (5.0L 8cyl 5A)

Took delivery of CLK 500 Cabriolet this month. So far have had no problems with the car. I ordered it in september and it has been worth the wait. Keyless go is great. The seats are very comfortable but wish I had had the foresight to order ventilated sport seats.

My previous car was a BMW 325 conv.
By mb user on 01/19/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class CLK320 2dr Cabriolet (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

but I don't miss it. The CLK convertible is better (but the 325 cheaper ;-). I actually like the fact that it comes with casssette as standard, so I can connect my ipod (which wasn't possible in the 325). If there is anything I don't like, then it is the trunk, apparently there is no way of closing it without touching the car on the outside ... Next time I would pay for the "elecronic trunk closer" option (490$)

Driving the CLK 500 convertible
By NJF on 01/12/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class CLK500 2dr Cabriolet (5.0L 8cyl 5A)

Picked up this car one Monday evening after an 8 month wait. I'm delighted I waited for it. Besides being beautiful it drives and handles great. After picking car up left the following morning for a one thousand mile trip. Can't get over how quiet this convertible is. Almost as quiet as my Lexus LS was. Rides like a much larger car. Most of the controls are very user friendly. Going thru the mountains the car hugged the road and took the turns like a sports car. May be the best car I ever owned and I've owned a bunch of them.

Some things could be improved
By david Natel on 01/11/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class CLK320 2dr Coupe (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

Love the ride in this car. The most significant feature is its beauty.

I don;t think so in the winter
By plp on 01/10/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class CLK500 2dr Coupe (5.0L 8cyl 5A)

great, fun car to drive 0 to 60 min no time.. but in the snow it's a no go and any inclement weather you better find another "winter" vehicle

The Luxury Convertible
By keino on 01/07/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class CLK320 2dr Cabriolet (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

I recently recieved my 2004 clk 320 cab with appearance package. It is BEAUTIFUL and I am the envy of all of my friends. It does not stop there, this car is simply a pleasure to look at and even more fun to drive, I couldn't be more happy.

worth the $
By CPRNY on 01/07/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class CLK320 2dr Coupe (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

Great coupe w/ useful backseat & trunk. Opted for 320 not 500, 320 has plenty of power. interior is rich, grt styling inside/out. test drove all the 2dr 4dr comp, BMW530 was a close 2nd but couldn't match Benz design.

Beverly Hills Hotrod
By Drew Beverly Hills on 01/01/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class CLK500 2dr Coupe (5.0L 8cyl 5A)

A sleek bolstering style and smooth ride maintains the classy feel of this awesome speed machine. This solid, fast yet distinctive car is definately the leader in 55-65k range. Andrew, Beverly Hills, CA

2004 Mercedes CLK 320 Cabriolet
By Jerry K on 12/30/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class CLK320 2dr Cabriolet (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

I have had the car a week and if initial impresssions are lasting then I made the right decision in purchasing the most expensive car I have ever purchased. However, I figure with its higher than average residual value that I should recoup something more at the end. The car is a delight to drive - it gets stares wherever I go (with many oohs and ahs) - people tell me how beautiful it is and the color combination is perfect: pewter with ash interior w/Black top. I don't like to write long reviews - I will simply state it was worth the money (paid exactly MSRP) and the wait (six months).