Used 2004 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class CLK320 Coupe Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2004 Mercedes-benz Clk-class - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific CLK-Class model:

Driving CLK class car IS exhilarating
By Love my CLK

2004 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class Coupe CLK320 2dr Coupe (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

I always loved the CLK models, especially with AMG bodywork, upgrades and notable performance is something that I have always marveled. I really liked the 208 body, but the newer 209 just gives me chills. These cars are the complete package for me, weighted more towards luxury than sport. I opted for the 320 (over 500) because I would lose my license, be in jail and ultimately would not be practical for me, as I cannot take advantage of the modest 3.2 liter engine in my current daily driving conditions. I have had a few minor repairs during the warranty period. And I have noticed though, each time I (or the dealer) do any maintenance, the car drives notable different, improved & better.

Favorite Features

Pillar less design looks AWESOME and lends to improved peripheral vision while driving. The general geometry, short wheel base, tight body shape, 49/51 eight balance, general handling and balance are superlative. I have done high speed passing maneuvers that should have result in wreck.

Suggested Improvements

Dealers and their (in house) service departments leave much to be desired. I want to learn to work on the car myself, or find a shade tree mechanic and OMIT the dealer, sorry.

Too many malfunctions
By brad

2004 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class Coupe CLK320 2dr Coupe (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

A beautiful car inside and out, but too many malfunctions. The tires only get 10- 12,000 miles. Automatic transmission failed after 30,000. The front upper console light panel blew after 1500 miles. Passenger window motor and headrest motor have needed to be replaced. Moonroof cables needed to be replaced after 25,000. Good mpg (24-26), and very comfortable and quiet.

Favorite Features

Exterior and interior styling. Fun to drive

Suggested Improvements

More standard features. Make it more reliable. Less maintance work!

Beauty
By Dash

2004 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class Coupe CLK320 2dr Coupe (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

This is a beautiful car. I get so many comments from all kinds of people:) Of course my family somehow thinks I'm rich! I will always drive a Benz. The car is so smooth. Before you know it, you are exceeding the speed limit. I stay on high because you get so much love. It feels so good to drive a Mercedes!

Outstanding!!!
By Carlos

2004 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class Coupe CLK320 2dr Coupe (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

Had the car for about 15 months now and reliability has been excellent! Second Benz in a row I have owned. This is a great car, fun to drive with windows down and a attention getter!

Favorite Features

Pillarless windows. Body style.

Suggested Improvements

Add a second cup holder

CLK320
By BLB

2004 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class Coupe CLK320 2dr Coupe (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

Mechanically (i.e, drivewise), this car is a dream. I've had some minor electrical problems that were of course covered by warranty - things like faulty warning lights. I have no complaints.

Favorite Features

Heated seats! Even in San Diego, and even though I never thought I'd want them!

Suggested Improvements

CD changer in the glove box is kind of a drag. Don't know if the 2005s have the same setup.