2004 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class Coupe - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific CLK-Class model:
Driving CLK class car IS exhilarating
By Love my CLK on 11/28/10 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class Coupe CLK320 2dr Coupe (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

I always loved the CLK models, especially with AMG bodywork, upgrades and notable performance is something that I have always marveled. I really liked the 208 body, but the newer 209 just gives me chills. These cars are the complete package for me, weighted more towards luxury than sport. I opted for the 320 (over 500) because I would lose my license, be in jail and ultimately would not be practical for me, as I cannot take advantage of the modest 3.2 liter engine in my current daily driving conditions. I have had a few minor repairs during the warranty period. And I have noticed though, each time I (or the dealer) do any maintenance, the car drives notable different, improved & better.

Nice car
By johnthelandlord on 11/16/09 18:24 PM (PST)

2004 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class Coupe CLK500 2dr Coupe (5.0L 8cyl 5A)

Bought it new in 03, and have it as a second car. A few minor problems like flicker in tail light, sunroof one touch and stuck on ABS light on dash since then but nothing big. One thing that is VERY annoying is the complicated "computer" that's accessed through a series of pressing four buttons in certain sequence on the steering wheel. You can never find what you want easily and you can have an accident while you are fiddling with it while driving!! Setting the clock?? You need a degree in engineering to do it. Having an older BMW the controls were very simple one touch on one single button.

Perfect design
By clkowner on 08/31/07 19:59 PM (PDT)

2004 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class Coupe CLK500 2dr Coupe (5.0L 8cyl 5A)

This is a wonderful car. It manages to perform like a sports car without the punishing ride found in so many high performance cars. Everything it does is effortless.

Too many malfunctions
By brad on 08/31/06 05:24 AM (PDT)

2004 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class Coupe CLK320 2dr Coupe (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

A beautiful car inside and out, but too many malfunctions. The tires only get 10- 12,000 miles. Automatic transmission failed after 30,000. The front upper console light panel blew after 1500 miles. Passenger window motor and headrest motor have needed to be replaced. Moonroof cables needed to be replaced after 25,000. Good mpg (24-26), and very comfortable and quiet.

If you can afford it
By todd on 02/24/06 04:38 AM (PST)

2004 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class Coupe CLK500 2dr Coupe (5.0L 8cyl 5A)

This is a fantastic car to own. Sleek fast and a sheer pleasure to drive. Do not get the ventilated seats, makes them ride like hell. I didn't think I could pay $60 grand for a car and think it was worth the money. But I cannot wait to get another. Mercedes far excedes the customer service of the big 3. I leased mine for less than my Dad leases a 300c.

Wow, what a ride...
By Mike N. on 09/26/05 23:58 PM (PDT)

2004 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class Coupe CLK500 2dr Coupe (5.0L 8cyl 5A)

After a test drive on the 2004 Coupe, I was done for. It is just too exciting to drive. I had to have it. I've only had one other car that got the blood pumping like this - a BMW 540i. But this car is pure power and fits the driver like a glove. THe 302HP engine purrs like a lion and then springs to life. The cockpit is well designed, with most controls in easy reach. The computer can be programmed in all the expected luxury ways. Seems like MBZ did a great job on this.

Beauty
By Dash on 09/05/05 23:21 PM (PDT)

2004 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class Coupe CLK320 2dr Coupe (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

This is a beautiful car. I get so many comments from all kinds of people:) Of course my family somehow thinks I'm rich! I will always drive a Benz. The car is so smooth. Before you know it, you are exceeding the speed limit. I stay on high because you get so much love. It feels so good to drive a Mercedes!

Outstanding!!!
By Carlos on 02/23/05 16:31 PM (PST)

2004 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class Coupe CLK320 2dr Coupe (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

Had the car for about 15 months now and reliability has been excellent! Second Benz in a row I have owned. This is a great car, fun to drive with windows down and a attention getter!

CLK320
By BLB on 01/06/05 01:58 AM (PST)

2004 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class Coupe CLK320 2dr Coupe (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

Mechanically (i.e, drivewise), this car is a dream. I've had some minor electrical problems that were of course covered by warranty - things like faulty warning lights. I have no complaints.

defects
By jvs on 01/04/05 16:16 PM (PST)

2004 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class Coupe CLK320 2dr Coupe (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

The front seat broke. The xenon head lights broke. The window wipers broke. The sun roof failed. Simply put, the car is an electrical nightmare. Will never go with Mercedes again.