2004 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class Convertible - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific CLK-Class model:
after 5 years and 50k miles
By amiraqeel on 03/21/11 19:38 PM (PDT)

2004 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class Convertible CLK500 2dr Cabriolet (5.0L 8cyl 5A)

I bought the car with 6k miles on it. I am still amazed with car after 5 years, the way it obeys driver's command. Body style is great. Only changes made to this car are 20inch giovanni rims which makes it look even greater.I heard complain about having one cup holder only. There are actually two cup holders. I own four different vehicles and believe if you keep up with the maintanance and make small changes technology wise to your car, it will give you years of enjoyment, specialy to clk500

Poor Quality At Mercedes
By robert tabb on 06/22/09 15:20 PM (PDT)

2004 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class Convertible CLK500 2dr Cabriolet (5.0L 8cyl 5A)

Love the look and the concept. Hate the hassle. Have clk 500 with all the options and 26k miles. So far communications computer failed, blinker lights on panel failed, brakes squeak, fan sounds like jet engine, paint on hood and other places is blistering, stalk for cell phone broken, seat seam is coming lose. Car is nightmare and this is not unusual from what I read. When you lay this on top of "normal" maintenance you are into serious dollars.

A Styling Classic
By E. Maggio on 03/28/08 08:12 AM (PDT)

2004 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class Convertible CLK500 2dr Cabriolet (5.0L 8cyl 5A)

Among the earliest CLK 500 Cabrios shipped. Superb styling and remarkable acceleration with pedal to floor. Also drive a '67 427 stick Vette so I speak with some authority. Minor problems with driver's seat belt "presentor". Early navigation system difficult to use, improved later in year but dash/wood/knob styling looks much better than improved GPS version. What's more important? I'm a style geek. Gas mileage seems poor to some because take is small! Get 23-25 on highway, 17-18 city driving. Top operation slick. Hard to understand why anyone could not love this car. Still get many great comments into 5th year. Wish it ran on regular gas! More power not essential with this car.

Superlative car but real mileage is poor
By mstrebe on 04/19/06 01:40 AM (PDT)

2004 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class Convertible CLK500 2dr Cabriolet (5.0L 8cyl 5A)

The CLK500 cabrio is a fantastic car. No compromises with this car--it doesn't even really need four doors because you can drop to top with the keyfob so backseat passengers can comfortably enter standing up. I use it to get my kids and their carseats in more easily than seating them in our SUV. Performance is fantastic. 0-60 in under 6. I've done 135 in it and there's litterally no difference in handling between that and 65. Braking is astonishingly short. Great car for family guys who want a sports car or tall people--drivers up to 6'7". One warning though: The real mileage you'll get in this car is about 16.5 mpg.

Love it
By vince palumbo on 03/12/06 06:02 AM (PST)

2004 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class Convertible CLK500 2dr Cabriolet (5.0L 8cyl 5A)

Great car-would like better use of wind screen. Instlation, storage,and design could be better. I find the computer system for information can be difficult to use such as oil level, time change etc. Of course it would nice if the trunk could be larger even at the expence of the back seat being a little smaller(hard to get my golf clubs in & out of the trunk. Also somewhere to place a second coffee cup. Having said all that, I love the car and would recommened it to anyone. P.S. I got my brother to buy one in 2006.

CLK 500
By jms122860 on 10/11/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class Convertible CLK500 2dr Cabriolet (5.0L 8cyl 5A)

I have owned several high performance cars including 2 BMW's. The CLK500 is, without a doubt, the best car I have ever driven - and I loved the Bimmers. It looks beautiful (I get compliments from strangers all the time), and it drives even better. The engine's performance is thrilling and the handling is superb. It is absolutely a thrill to drive. A friend of mine traded his brand new E500 for a CLK500 after riding in mine! Its also much more practical than the SL series or the SLK, because it has a functional back seat (I have two young teens to haul around), although not very good for long trips.

Not as good as it looks
By papichulo on 08/15/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class Convertible CLK500 2dr Cabriolet (5.0L 8cyl 5A)

Beautiful looking car. BUT, DO NOT PURCHASE NAVIGATION SYSTEM!!! My car has approx. 2,400 miles and has already been serviced overnight due to mechanical issues. The electronics or "toy's" are not all that great.

great car
By drew j on 07/20/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class Convertible CLK500 2dr Cabriolet (5.0L 8cyl 5A)

This is a great car to drive and even better to look at.It has a timeless style, and plenty of power.

2004 CLK 500 Cabriolet
By clontz on 06/18/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class Convertible CLK500 2dr Cabriolet (5.0L 8cyl 5A)

The most fun, responsive car I've driven. Have had no problems with vehicle since purchase. Only problem, it has only one small, short cup holder up front, otherwise, I love it!

2004 Mercedes CLK 500 Cabriolet
By Mercedesgirl on 06/10/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class Convertible CLK500 2dr Cabriolet (5.0L 8cyl 5A)

One of the nicest looking Convertibles on the road today at a reasonable price. I love its Power and Speed. Fuel Economy is pretty good also. Definitely A Fun Vehicle, especially for my children.