2004 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class Convertible 3.2L V6 5-speed Automatic Consumer Reviews

2004 Mercedes-benz Clk-class - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific CLK-Class model:

2004 CLK-Class Consumer Reviews

Date Most Helpful Highest Rating Lowest Rating
Fun in the Sun
By John Sweeney

2004 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class Convertible CLK320 2dr Cabriolet (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

I've owned my 2004 CLK cabriolet since new and use it for trips and top down driving. It's not my daily driver. I like the pickup in sport mode, the ride free of cowl shake and the looks with the top down. Luggage space is sparse unless the top is up. The optional AMG seating with more thigh and back support, heating and cooling and more controls is a must for tall drivers. Overall, I am very satisfied and have had zero defects or recalls.

Very Disappointed With This Car
By TIM

2004 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class Convertible CLK320 2dr Cabriolet (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

Waited 5 months for car to be delivered. Within 3 months of delivery we had a leak in the transmission that left the car inoperable. After two visits, they replaced the trans. Next the Zenon headlight started shorting out; it had to be replaced. Next was alignment issues, this car will wear out top quality tires in less than 12k miles of normal driving! My car has had to be aligned 3 times in 2 years. Next was the seatbelt, the mechanism that hands you the belt had to be replaced. And finally, today my wife is at the dealership having a gear replaced in the tilt steering mechanism. I am so disappointed in this car! I thought I was buying the best, but, I got a lemon! Buyer beware.

Suggested Improvements

Softer seats. Lumbar support. Another drink holder. It only has one.

Two CLK Lemons in a row!
By Rob Kennedy

2004 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class Convertible CLK320 2dr Cabriolet (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

I leased a 2001 that had nothing but problems. They assured me that it was extremely rare. Sucker! I leased a 2004 on condition that if I had problems they would let me out of the lease. Sucker! Even worse than the first one, and guess what, they won't even return my phone calls about getting out of the lease. The car spent so much time in the shop getting the same things fixed that I don't bother any more. Seats don't work, windshield makes cracking sounds, gas tank doesn't fill properly, cruise control analog/digital readings don't match, brakes squeal, and much more. Never get this car! My wife's BMW has never had a day of trouble. When I finally ditch this lemon I'm going BMW.

Favorite Features

When it's not annoying the crap out of me, it looks great parked.

Suggested Improvements

Quality. Reliability. Honesty. Service. None of these things mean anything at Mercedes anymore.

What a disappointment!
By MO%12

2004 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class Convertible CLK320 2dr Cabriolet (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

My CLK is <6 months old and has been in the shop more than every car I have ever owned over 20 years combined and I haven't even had an oil change yet! The glove box wouldn't close before I even drove my new car off the lot requiring multiple days to fix with a complete dashboard overhaul. Then the driver door had a rattle that required a "bolt to be tightened". A month later the rattle occurred on the passenger side. Then the seat belt arm extension stopped working - all requiring days of service. I gave my thoughts to JD Power & Associates and asked if others had these types of problems - the answer an emphatic yes!

Suggested Improvements

My previous two cars were a 93 Toyota Camry LE ($20K) and a 99 Acura TL ($30K). I believe MB should consider the Toyota or Acura quality school!

Flip's review
By FlipV

2004 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class Convertible CLK320 2dr Cabriolet (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

This is my second MB and the exceptional quality and workmanship is unsurpassed. Vehicle is perfect for everyday driving or short trips. I especially recommend the active ventilated seats, living in Florida these are a real plus with the top down and the sun shinning.

Favorite Features

Ease of top operation. Hard cover for top when down. Good trunk space.

Suggested Improvements

Fix the seat belt so it does not flap against body with top and windows down.

2004 CLK Cabriolet
By davrutz

2004 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class Convertible CLK320 2dr Cabriolet (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

Typical Mercedes craftmansship and road handling ability. Fun to drive this car laughs at curves! I find myself looking for the back roads.

Favorite Features

Not the most flashy new convertible, but this car is for people who love to drive and appreciate quality.

Suggested Improvements

Computer programming could be more intuitive and manual is daunting.

Fun in the Sun
By Lindaellen

2004 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class Convertible CLK320 2dr Cabriolet (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

I had a CLK coupe prior, and this is a wonderful improvement! It handles like a dream, and feels great to be in. It's very comfortable, and roomier than the prior version. People are always giving compliments are coming over to take a closer look. I do suggest getting the power trunk closer, as the trunk lid is more difficult to handle than it's predessor.

Favorite Features

The Power key fob that allows you to put the top up or down without being in the car. The easy exit feature that moves the seat back from the steering wheel when the key is withdrawn from the ignition. Love the heated seats and navigation system.

Suggested Improvements

The CLK needs a better cup/ drink holder, and a slightly larger trunk would allow easier insertion and removal of a set of golf clubs. The navigation system doesn't allow planning a trip that spans changing to a different disk.

More fun than fun
By TanisGR

2004 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class Convertible CLK320 2dr Cabriolet (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

I have never had a single problem. I was a bit disappointed by the slower acceleration (no outrunning cops in this thing!), but the interior is luxurious and beautiful, and features like GPS, voice-command, and three seperate buttons for 24/7 services (mechanical support, emergency, and personal assistant--which is there to get concert tickets/make reservations/recommend hotels & restaurants) are sweet. And it's also a status symbol...driving a Mercedes means something to me and to my clients.

Favorite Features

Comfortable leather & wood interior, GPS system, voice control of my cell- phone when it's plugged it, keyless dorr locks and ignition, and a personal assistant available 24/7 at a push of a button.

Suggested Improvements

Better acceleration...my 4-cylerdar Saturn had the exact 0-60 time. Clearly this vehicle has more horse power, but no more acceleration. Surely this can be improved without killing the gas milage?

Love It!
By Serena

2004 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class Convertible CLK320 2dr Cabriolet (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

After having a SL and wanting the sporty, convertible feeling of class i got the 320 and was soooooooooo much happier even though rear seats are so small its a plus for room.

Favorite Features

comfort, handling, ease of drivers control, stereo speakers are set in perfect areas

Suggested Improvements

cup holders, improve trunk space,not happy with the Latch to release top.

Couldn't be happier!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
By stockplayer

2004 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class Convertible CLK320 2dr Cabriolet (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

I've owned the car now for 3 1/2 months and I couldn't be happier!!! I waited a while before posting so that I could give an accurate and honest rating. The 320 is truly a head turner! It's a pleasure to drive, handling is nibble and acceleration is actually quite good for 215 horses. (I used to drive a BMW 540i with 284 horses) I've had no problems at all so far (watch, I just jinxed my self). I love the ease and quick operation of the soft top. Also very comfortable backseats for my 4 year old! If you're thinking of buying, I don't think you'll be disappointed!!

Favorite Features

Looks, handling, performance, ease of soft top operation, sound system, auto dimming rear/side view mirrors.

Suggested Improvements

Trunk space, add another cup holder for passenger, seat belt should not flap around when top and front windows are down. Otherwise, I still love the car!!!!!!