Used 2004 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class CLK320 Convertible Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2004 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class Convertible - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific CLK-Class model:

Fun in the Sun
By John Sweeney

2004 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class Convertible CLK320 2dr Cabriolet (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

I've owned my 2004 CLK cabriolet since new and use it for trips and top down driving. It's not my daily driver. I like the pickup in sport mode, the ride free of cowl shake and the looks with the top down. Luggage space is sparse unless the top is up. The optional AMG seating with more thigh and back support, heating and cooling and more controls is a must for tall drivers. Overall, I am very satisfied and have had zero defects or recalls.

Very Disappointed With This Car
By TIM

2004 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class Convertible CLK320 2dr Cabriolet (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

Waited 5 months for car to be delivered. Within 3 months of delivery we had a leak in the transmission that left the car inoperable. After two visits, they replaced the trans. Next the Zenon headlight started shorting out; it had to be replaced. Next was alignment issues, this car will wear out top quality tires in less than 12k miles of normal driving! My car has had to be aligned 3 times in 2 years. Next was the seatbelt, the mechanism that hands you the belt had to be replaced. And finally, today my wife is at the dealership having a gear replaced in the tilt steering mechanism. I am so disappointed in this car! I thought I was buying the best, but, I got a lemon! Buyer beware.

Softer seats. Lumbar support. Another drink holder. It only has one.

Two CLK Lemons in a row!
By Rob Kennedy

2004 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class Convertible CLK320 2dr Cabriolet (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

I leased a 2001 that had nothing but problems. They assured me that it was extremely rare. Sucker! I leased a 2004 on condition that if I had problems they would let me out of the lease. Sucker! Even worse than the first one, and guess what, they won't even return my phone calls about getting out of the lease. The car spent so much time in the shop getting the same things fixed that I don't bother any more. Seats don't work, windshield makes cracking sounds, gas tank doesn't fill properly, cruise control analog/digital readings don't match, brakes squeal, and much more. Never get this car! My wife's BMW has never had a day of trouble. When I finally ditch this lemon I'm going BMW.

When it's not annoying the crap out of me, it looks great parked.

Quality. Reliability. Honesty. Service. None of these things mean anything at Mercedes anymore.

What a disappointment!
By MO%12

2004 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class Convertible CLK320 2dr Cabriolet (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

My CLK is <6 months old and has been in the shop more than every car I have ever owned over 20 years combined and I haven't even had an oil change yet! The glove box wouldn't close before I even drove my new car off the lot requiring multiple days to fix with a complete dashboard overhaul. Then the driver door had a rattle that required a "bolt to be tightened". A month later the rattle occurred on the passenger side. Then the seat belt arm extension stopped working - all requiring days of service. I gave my thoughts to JD Power & Associates and asked if others had these types of problems - the answer an emphatic yes!

My previous two cars were a 93 Toyota Camry LE ($20K) and a 99 Acura TL ($30K). I believe MB should consider the Toyota or Acura quality school!

Flip's review
By FlipV

2004 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class Convertible CLK320 2dr Cabriolet (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

This is my second MB and the exceptional quality and workmanship is unsurpassed. Vehicle is perfect for everyday driving or short trips. I especially recommend the active ventilated seats, living in Florida these are a real plus with the top down and the sun shinning.

Ease of top operation. Hard cover for top when down. Good trunk space.

Fix the seat belt so it does not flap against body with top and windows down.