Used 2004 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class Convertible Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2004 Mercedes-benz Clk-class - Consumer Reviews

2004 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class Convertible

View reviews for a specific CLK-Class model:

after 5 years and 50k miles
By amiraqeel

2004 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class Convertible CLK500 2dr Cabriolet (5.0L 8cyl 5A)

I bought the car with 6k miles on it. I am still amazed with car after 5 years, the way it obeys driver's command. Body style is great. Only changes made to this car are 20inch giovanni rims which makes it look even greater.I heard complain about having one cup holder only. There are actually two cup holders. I own four different vehicles and believe if you keep up with the maintanance and make small changes technology wise to your car, it will give you years of enjoyment, specialy to clk500

Favorite Features

The best feature in this car are many,but my favorite is that u can still have a conversation with a fellow passanger while top is down.

Suggested Improvements

none since mb is not gonna make any more clk due to lifecycle of these models

Poor Quality At Mercedes
By robert tabb

2004 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class Convertible CLK500 2dr Cabriolet (5.0L 8cyl 5A)

Love the look and the concept. Hate the hassle. Have clk 500 with all the options and 26k miles. So far communications computer failed, blinker lights on panel failed, brakes squeak, fan sounds like jet engine, paint on hood and other places is blistering, stalk for cell phone broken, seat seam is coming lose. Car is nightmare and this is not unusual from what I read. When you lay this on top of "normal" maintenance you are into serious dollars.

Favorite Features

nice look and plenty of power, pretty good handling

Suggested Improvements

try to restore Mercedes quality

A Styling Classic
By E. Maggio

2004 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class Convertible CLK500 2dr Cabriolet (5.0L 8cyl 5A)

Among the earliest CLK 500 Cabrios shipped. Superb styling and remarkable acceleration with pedal to floor. Also drive a '67 427 stick Vette so I speak with some authority. Minor problems with driver's seat belt "presentor". Early navigation system difficult to use, improved later in year but dash/wood/knob styling looks much better than improved GPS version. What's more important? I'm a style geek. Gas mileage seems poor to some because take is small! Get 23-25 on highway, 17-18 city driving. Top operation slick. Hard to understand why anyone could not love this car. Still get many great comments into 5th year. Wish it ran on regular gas! More power not essential with this car.

Favorite Features

Superb styling and extra space back seat, more than BMW, but still not enough for golf clubs without removing driver and fairway metals.

Suggested Improvements

Better functionality GPS. Newer models likely much better, because couldn't be much worse.

Fun in the Sun
By John Sweeney

2004 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class Convertible CLK320 2dr Cabriolet (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

I've owned my 2004 CLK cabriolet since new and use it for trips and top down driving. It's not my daily driver. I like the pickup in sport mode, the ride free of cowl shake and the looks with the top down. Luggage space is sparse unless the top is up. The optional AMG seating with more thigh and back support, heating and cooling and more controls is a must for tall drivers. Overall, I am very satisfied and have had zero defects or recalls.

Very Disappointed With This Car
By TIM

2004 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class Convertible CLK320 2dr Cabriolet (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

Waited 5 months for car to be delivered. Within 3 months of delivery we had a leak in the transmission that left the car inoperable. After two visits, they replaced the trans. Next the Zenon headlight started shorting out; it had to be replaced. Next was alignment issues, this car will wear out top quality tires in less than 12k miles of normal driving! My car has had to be aligned 3 times in 2 years. Next was the seatbelt, the mechanism that hands you the belt had to be replaced. And finally, today my wife is at the dealership having a gear replaced in the tilt steering mechanism. I am so disappointed in this car! I thought I was buying the best, but, I got a lemon! Buyer beware.

Suggested Improvements

Softer seats. Lumbar support. Another drink holder. It only has one.