2004 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class CLK55 AMG - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific CLK-Class model:
I LOVE THIS CAR!!
By spenc618 on 04/02/11 18:44 PM (PDT)

2004 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class CLK55 AMG CLK55 AMG 2dr Cabriolet (5.4L 8cyl 5A)

I was very concerned on the maintenance cost for this car but it's really not as bad as you think if you are mentally prepared to expect slightly higher costs. I did have a transmission issue that kept the car jumping into default mode (3rd gear). I hear it is a common issue.. a $900 dollar issue. Other than that (FYI the dealership treated me very well) I brought the car as a weekend car. The power and looks make it practically impossible to NOT drive it daily. It pulls so smoothly from the light that it is not until you look in the mirror or down at the dash that you notice you are moving so quickly. Only car i have driven just for fun like riding my motorcycle.

First Sports Car.. I love it!!
By spenc618 on 12/21/10 22:04 PM (PST)

2004 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class CLK55 AMG CLK55 AMG 2dr Cabriolet (5.4L 8cyl 5A)

Fast great handling, SEXY car. I love it and would recommend to anyone as a head turner. Gas mileage is as expected, not your everyday driver. 4 sets of brake pads set me back 400 dollars at the dealer. No way to keep the factory look and add satellite radio unless it was already installed. Changing the head unit is not an option unless a custom bracket is fabricated. Verify the one you buy has the wiring to attach the bluetooth adapter for your hands free calling by taking it to the dealer. Adding it later is very expensive.

you will love it
By AMG lover on 04/14/09 09:21 AM (PDT)

2004 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class CLK55 AMG CLK55 AMG 2dr Cabriolet (5.4L 8cyl 5A)

Pre-owned with 7k miles, over a year now and I still try to find any excuse to be out driving it. Acceleration is amazing, 5 years old and still a head-Turner. Few minor things went wrong but all were covered under the warranty. I drove many Mercedes, BMW's and prosches, and I can tell you this one combines the power of a Porsche with the luxury of a Benz.

Fast, Sexy, and Fun
By TXCLK55 on 08/24/08 09:57 AM (PDT)

2004 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class CLK55 AMG CLK55 AMG 2dr Coupe (5.4L 8cyl 5A)

Purchased the CLK55 as a Certified Pre-Owned with 18K miles already on it. Timeless looks make everyone mistake this for a new car. It has gotten nothing but praise from my friends, neighbors and co-workers when they see it. The lack of pillars between front and rear windows allows for amazing visibility. Turning off the ESP allows for a little fun and lets you turn out the rear if you so desire. Driving this car is pure enjoyment. Rear seat is tight but can fit an reasonable size adult. For half the price of a new CLK I'm completely happy with my purchase. Averaging about 18mpg but can get 20 if I take it easy. If you're buying this car you shouldn't be worrying about price of gas.

Baddest on the road
By rgalban on 08/23/08 11:59 AM (PDT)

2004 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class CLK55 AMG CLK55 AMG 2dr Cabriolet (5.4L 8cyl 5A)

Seems the Germans hit this one out of the park. Top opens easily, style to spare, a real head-turner. Mine is triple black & I love it. Sounds like a real super-car and performs like one as well. I've had other sports cars but this one is my favorite for several reasons listed and some not willing to admit to here. Can't wait for the CLK63 as soon as my lease is up. "...if you have the means, I highly recommend picking one up..." Ferris Bueller

Amazing Car
By jrhchicago on 03/11/07 22:31 PM (PDT)

2004 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class CLK55 AMG CLK55 AMG 2dr Coupe (5.4L 8cyl 5A)

Certainly the best car I have ever owned and the most fun to drive. I finally decided to go with some elegance in my sports car purchases and couldn't be happier. This car is stylish, feature rich and a monster when called upon. I would recommend this car to anyone considering a upper- crust sports car or who wants some oomph in a stylish daily driver.

Great Car
By AndyAMG on 09/01/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

Best car I've driven. AMG has done it again

Fun Car
By AKrychev on 06/10/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class CLK55 AMG CLK55 AMG 2dr Cabriolet (5.4L 8cyl 5A)

Fantastic car, built with very high quality materials. With the soft top on, it is very quiet inside. Very powerful engine.

VERY NICE
By ONECALL1 on 04/11/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class CLK55 AMG CLK55 AMG 2dr Coupe (5.4L 8cyl 5A)

THIS IS MY 53RD CAR...OVERALL #1 BUT ONLY DUE TO THE COMFORT FOR SPEED REASONING. AN M5 IS MORE COMFORTABLE, A LOTUS QUICKER, BUT THIS IS THE BEST OF ALL WORLDS.

As advertised and more!!!!
By AMG Al on 03/10/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class CLK55 AMG CLK55 AMG 2dr Cabriolet (5.4L 8cyl 5A)

This car has all the bells, whistles, toys, etc!!! It seems that everything was thought of on this model. PRO: The car itself. It is built well, zero problems so far. After breaking in, the car seems to adapt to your driving style in an almost eerie manner. It is almost like it can read minds... CON: The fuel mileage is horrid but I knew what I was getting into at the altar!! Other than that, this thing is great!!!