2004 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific CLK-Class model:
Driving CLK class car IS exhilarating
By Love my CLK on 11/28/10 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class CLK320 2dr Coupe (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

I always loved the CLK models, especially with AMG bodywork, upgrades and notable performance is something that I have always marveled. I really liked the 208 body, but the newer 209 just gives me chills. These cars are the complete package for me, weighted more towards luxury than sport. I opted for the 320 (over 500) because I would lose my license, be in jail and ultimately would not be practical for me, as I cannot take advantage of the modest 3.2 liter engine in my current daily driving conditions. I have had a few minor repairs during the warranty period. And I have noticed though, each time I (or the dealer) do any maintenance, the car drives notable different, improved & better.

Too many malfunctions
By brad on 08/31/06 05:24 AM (PDT)

2004 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class CLK320 2dr Coupe (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

A beautiful car inside and out, but too many malfunctions. The tires only get 10- 12,000 miles. Automatic transmission failed after 30,000. The front upper console light panel blew after 1500 miles. Passenger window motor and headrest motor have needed to be replaced. Moonroof cables needed to be replaced after 25,000. Good mpg (24-26), and very comfortable and quiet.

Beauty
By Dash on 09/05/05 23:21 PM (PDT)

2004 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class CLK320 2dr Coupe (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

This is a beautiful car. I get so many comments from all kinds of people:) Of course my family somehow thinks I'm rich! I will always drive a Benz. The car is so smooth. Before you know it, you are exceeding the speed limit. I stay on high because you get so much love. It feels so good to drive a Mercedes!

Outstanding!!!
By Carlos on 02/23/05 16:31 PM (PST)

2004 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class CLK320 2dr Coupe (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

Had the car for about 15 months now and reliability has been excellent! Second Benz in a row I have owned. This is a great car, fun to drive with windows down and a attention getter!

CLK320
By BLB on 01/06/05 01:58 AM (PST)

2004 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class CLK320 2dr Coupe (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

Mechanically (i.e, drivewise), this car is a dream. I've had some minor electrical problems that were of course covered by warranty - things like faulty warning lights. I have no complaints.

defects
By jvs on 01/04/05 16:16 PM (PST)

2004 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class CLK320 2dr Coupe (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

The front seat broke. The xenon head lights broke. The window wipers broke. The sun roof failed. Simply put, the car is an electrical nightmare. Will never go with Mercedes again.

defects
By jvs on 01/04/05 16:16 PM (PST)

CLK 320 Coupe
By francf16 on 10/26/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class CLK320 2dr Coupe (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

The CLK320 is a great little car. It has been somewhat unreliable in that it is 2 years old, has 45K miles, and has been returned to the dealer numerous time for various problems, mostly electrical. Overall, it has great power for a V6, but still gets good gas mileage. Syling is fantastic and the interior

CLK and Truth
By Simon X on 09/17/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class CLK320 2dr Coupe (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

I have owned this car for all of 1 month now. I read the reviews and everyone has an opinion. For the most part good, a few not so good perhaps. I have been a BMW driver for over a decade and this is my first Mercedes Benz. While I am used to a younger, sportier appeal in cars, the CLK 320 has changed my whole view of MB and the definition of fun, safe, sporty and elegant. If you have reservations about this car at all, I'm here to put your mind at ease. You will not be disappointed. You will probably drive this car for a long long time. My commute has become the fun part of my day!

Becareful
By avanthomme on 08/08/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class CLK320 2dr Coupe (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

This is now my second CLK320 Coupe. My first was a 2000 CLK320. This is turning into my worst nightmare. My first CLK was in and out of the workshop, and now in my 3rd week of ownership of my 2004 CLK320, I have to make it into the dealership b/c my lighting cluster (which houses my sunroof operation) is completely out. I can't close my sunroof! I think now (although I'm a huge M- B fan) I've lost complete faith in the company. This will most definitely be my last mercedes.