Used 2004 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class Consumer Reviews - 127 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2004 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class - Consumer Reviews

2004 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class

View reviews for a specific CLK-Class model:

2004 CLK55 AMG Convertible, Fun!
By Michael Ryan

2004 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class CLK55 AMG 2dr Cabriolet (5.4L 8cyl 5A)

This is luxury and fun car all in one. Its too bad a car this wonderful to drive should be so expensive when new because it really brings out the immature "man" side of me when I drive. LoL! All that means is that having the power of an AMG and a Convertible top to put down and explore the open road is awesome. One of the most notable things is... most people drive with their windows closed and don't experience the wind, the smells and the ambient noises around you while you drive. This car, or any convertible brings those senses back to life. And I know from my own "fears" thought owning this vehicle... an AMG Mercedes meant lots of maintenance expenses and wasted time at the dealer for service. But it has been anything but that! This car can be your everyday driver or your Sunday fun car! You Choose! It has neither been a maintenance problem or any other waste of time. Just a pure pleasure of power, luxury and the quality Mercedes Benz ride.

EX HOT RODDER LOVES HIS CLK 500
By Cary Cooper

2004 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class CLK500 2dr Cabriolet (5.0L 8cyl 5A)

I did a 48 state search for this car (found it 4 hours from my home!) I have always done almost all the work on my cars since I was 16. I have only bought 3 new cars in the 57 years I have been driving. My motto has always been "I never met a car I didn't need to modify for me". That means modify in all ways. The only mods on this car I have/will make involve adding things that did not come on it originally (such as bluetooth). It has the right wheels (AMG) so it is the first car ever that I don't have to change the wheels! It has the right engine - more than enough power/acceleration/speed (and economy considering the performance) (my last "hot rod" was a 1987 Volvo wagon with a Mustang Cobra 5.0 with a Tremec 5-speed - like Paul Newman and David Letterman had!). This car is effortless, smooth and secure. The HVAC is great and so is the Command radio/nav unit. It has the right suspension - it rides nice, handles the twisties great and stops like a race car. It does have some options I don't need but I can handle that since I figure I didn't pay for them. And it looks awesome with the top down (and the top is so easy to lower/raise) - and it seats 4.. Based on how new the interior looks (I am very fussy) the materials are tough as well as good looking and luxurious (but I know that from my previous 2 MB's). So far it is easy to work on (better than my 300CE was) and maintain.

I LOVE THIS CAR!!
By spenc618

2004 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class CLK55 AMG 2dr Cabriolet (5.4L 8cyl 5A)

I was very concerned on the maintenance cost for this car but it's really not as bad as you think if you are mentally prepared to expect slightly higher costs.
I did have a transmission issue that kept the car jumping into default mode (3rd gear).
I hear it is a common issue.. a $900 dollar issue.
Other than that (FYI the dealership treated me very well) I brought the car as a weekend car.
The
power and looks make it practically impossible to NOT drive it daily.
It pulls so smoothly from the light that it is not until you look in the mirror or down at the dash that you notice you are moving so quickly.
Only car i have driven just for fun like riding my motorcycle.

The power, the styling, looks stunning with the top up and breathtaking with the top down. The sound of that AMG 5.5 with the top down on a summer evening!

no adjustment for electronic granny. Either too much traction control or none.

after 5 years and 50k miles
By amiraqeel

2004 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class CLK500 2dr Cabriolet (5.0L 8cyl 5A)

I bought the car with 6k miles on it. I am still amazed with car after 5 years, the way it obeys driver's command. Body style is great. Only changes made to this car are 20inch giovanni rims
which makes it look even greater.I heard complain about having one cup holder only. There are actually two cup holders. I own four different vehicles and believe if you keep up with the maintanance and make small changes technology wise to your car, it will give you years of enjoyment, specialy to clk500

The best feature in this car are many,but my favorite is that u can still have a conversation with a fellow passanger while top is down.

none since mb is not gonna make any more clk due to lifecycle of these models

First Sports Car.. I love it!!
By spenc618

2004 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class CLK55 AMG 2dr Cabriolet (5.4L 8cyl 5A)

Fast great handling, SEXY car.
I love it and would recommend to anyone as a head turner.
Gas mileage is as expected, not your everyday driver.
4 sets of brake pads set me back 400 dollars at the dealer.
No way to keep the factory look and add satellite radio unless it was already installed.
Changing the head unit is not an option unless a custom bracket is fabricated.
Verify the one you buy has the wiring to attach the bluetooth adapter for your hands free calling by taking it to the dealer.
Adding it later is very expensive.

The speed, handling and very quiet considering it is a convertible. Bose stereo has full, rich sound. Clean cabin!

None. I love it