2004 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific CLK-Class model:
I LOVE THIS CAR!!
By spenc618 on 04/02/11 18:44 PM (PDT)

2004 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class CLK55 AMG 2dr Cabriolet (5.4L 8cyl 5A)

I was very concerned on the maintenance cost for this car but it's really not as bad as you think if you are mentally prepared to expect slightly higher costs. I did have a transmission issue that kept the car jumping into default mode (3rd gear). I hear it is a common issue.. a $900 dollar issue. Other than that (FYI the dealership treated me very well) I brought the car as a weekend car. The power and looks make it practically impossible to NOT drive it daily. It pulls so smoothly from the light that it is not until you look in the mirror or down at the dash that you notice you are moving so quickly. Only car i have driven just for fun like riding my motorcycle.

after 5 years and 50k miles
By amiraqeel on 03/21/11 19:38 PM (PDT)

2004 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class CLK500 2dr Cabriolet (5.0L 8cyl 5A)

I bought the car with 6k miles on it. I am still amazed with car after 5 years, the way it obeys driver's command. Body style is great. Only changes made to this car are 20inch giovanni rims which makes it look even greater.I heard complain about having one cup holder only. There are actually two cup holders. I own four different vehicles and believe if you keep up with the maintanance and make small changes technology wise to your car, it will give you years of enjoyment, specialy to clk500

First Sports Car.. I love it!!
By spenc618 on 12/21/10 22:04 PM (PST)

2004 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class CLK55 AMG 2dr Cabriolet (5.4L 8cyl 5A)

Fast great handling, SEXY car. I love it and would recommend to anyone as a head turner. Gas mileage is as expected, not your everyday driver. 4 sets of brake pads set me back 400 dollars at the dealer. No way to keep the factory look and add satellite radio unless it was already installed. Changing the head unit is not an option unless a custom bracket is fabricated. Verify the one you buy has the wiring to attach the bluetooth adapter for your hands free calling by taking it to the dealer. Adding it later is very expensive.

Driving CLK class car IS exhilarating
By Love my CLK on 11/28/10 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class CLK320 2dr Coupe (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

I always loved the CLK models, especially with AMG bodywork, upgrades and notable performance is something that I have always marveled. I really liked the 208 body, but the newer 209 just gives me chills. These cars are the complete package for me, weighted more towards luxury than sport. I opted for the 320 (over 500) because I would lose my license, be in jail and ultimately would not be practical for me, as I cannot take advantage of the modest 3.2 liter engine in my current daily driving conditions. I have had a few minor repairs during the warranty period. And I have noticed though, each time I (or the dealer) do any maintenance, the car drives notable different, improved & better.

Nice car
By johnthelandlord on 11/16/09 18:24 PM (PST)

2004 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class CLK500 2dr Coupe (5.0L 8cyl 5A)

Bought it new in 03, and have it as a second car. A few minor problems like flicker in tail light, sunroof one touch and stuck on ABS light on dash since then but nothing big. One thing that is VERY annoying is the complicated "computer" that's accessed through a series of pressing four buttons in certain sequence on the steering wheel. You can never find what you want easily and you can have an accident while you are fiddling with it while driving!! Setting the clock?? You need a degree in engineering to do it. Having an older BMW the controls were very simple one touch on one single button.

Poor Quality At Mercedes
By robert tabb on 06/22/09 15:20 PM (PDT)

2004 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class CLK500 2dr Cabriolet (5.0L 8cyl 5A)

Love the look and the concept. Hate the hassle. Have clk 500 with all the options and 26k miles. So far communications computer failed, blinker lights on panel failed, brakes squeak, fan sounds like jet engine, paint on hood and other places is blistering, stalk for cell phone broken, seat seam is coming lose. Car is nightmare and this is not unusual from what I read. When you lay this on top of "normal" maintenance you are into serious dollars.

you will love it
By AMG lover on 04/14/09 09:21 AM (PDT)

2004 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class CLK55 AMG 2dr Cabriolet (5.4L 8cyl 5A)

Pre-owned with 7k miles, over a year now and I still try to find any excuse to be out driving it. Acceleration is amazing, 5 years old and still a head-Turner. Few minor things went wrong but all were covered under the warranty. I drove many Mercedes, BMW's and prosches, and I can tell you this one combines the power of a Porsche with the luxury of a Benz.

Fast, Sexy, and Fun
By TXCLK55 on 08/24/08 09:57 AM (PDT)

2004 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class CLK55 AMG 2dr Coupe (5.4L 8cyl 5A)

Purchased the CLK55 as a Certified Pre-Owned with 18K miles already on it. Timeless looks make everyone mistake this for a new car. It has gotten nothing but praise from my friends, neighbors and co-workers when they see it. The lack of pillars between front and rear windows allows for amazing visibility. Turning off the ESP allows for a little fun and lets you turn out the rear if you so desire. Driving this car is pure enjoyment. Rear seat is tight but can fit an reasonable size adult. For half the price of a new CLK I'm completely happy with my purchase. Averaging about 18mpg but can get 20 if I take it easy. If you're buying this car you shouldn't be worrying about price of gas.

Baddest on the road
By rgalban on 08/23/08 11:59 AM (PDT)

2004 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class CLK55 AMG 2dr Cabriolet (5.4L 8cyl 5A)

Seems the Germans hit this one out of the park. Top opens easily, style to spare, a real head-turner. Mine is triple black & I love it. Sounds like a real super-car and performs like one as well. I've had other sports cars but this one is my favorite for several reasons listed and some not willing to admit to here. Can't wait for the CLK63 as soon as my lease is up. "...if you have the means, I highly recommend picking one up..." Ferris Bueller

A Styling Classic
By E. Maggio on 03/28/08 08:12 AM (PDT)

2004 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class CLK500 2dr Cabriolet (5.0L 8cyl 5A)

Among the earliest CLK 500 Cabrios shipped. Superb styling and remarkable acceleration with pedal to floor. Also drive a '67 427 stick Vette so I speak with some authority. Minor problems with driver's seat belt "presentor". Early navigation system difficult to use, improved later in year but dash/wood/knob styling looks much better than improved GPS version. What's more important? I'm a style geek. Gas mileage seems poor to some because take is small! Get 23-25 on highway, 17-18 city driving. Top operation slick. Hard to understand why anyone could not love this car. Still get many great comments into 5th year. Wish it ran on regular gas! More power not essential with this car.