Classy, smooth power
By Tom on
2003 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class CLK500 2dr Coupe (5.0L 8cyl 5A)
This my fourth pre-owned M-B (got it last month with 35K miles). The timeless design is head-turning and will look great decades from now. The V8 rumble is music to the ears at any RPM. I am still getting used the the awesome torque and horsepower even though I once had an E420 (there was a Honda Element between these two M-Bs, so I guess that explains that). Just starting it in the garage puts a smile on my face. The lack of B-pillars gives the car an almost convertible feel with windows down and the moonroof open, yet there is not a hint of wind noise when all is closed up. The build quality is and driving experience is solid, top- notch, and always enjoyable.
Favorite Features
Seamless, smooth power with decent fuel economy, muscular exhaust note, and great handling yet still with a smooth ride. The thing that hands you the seat belt is so cool, and always amuses passengers. I can't help but say "Thank you James" every time, as if talking to a butler.
Suggested Improvements
The Bose sound system is only so-so, and I think this was addressed in later year models.