2003 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class Consumer Review: I Must Have Bought A Lemon...

2003 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class Convertible - Consumer Review

I Must Have Bought A Lemon...
By Valerie B. on

2003 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class CLK430 2dr Cabriolet (4.3L 8cyl 5A)

Well, after reading the other reviews I've concluded that my CLK430 must be an exception. I have taken the car back to the dealership for work on the headlights (1x), windows (2x), ABS light (1x), CD player (2x), and most repeatedly, the front bumper/molding (5x). MB should be ashamed of the design for the front bumper of this car. The molding around the fog lamps pops off with even slight contact with a parking bumper. While I will agree the car is peppy and having the top down is WONDERFUL, every drive has be overshadowed with the worry of, "what new is going to happen today?"

The V8 pep, the ease of the top mechanism.

Obviously, the front bumper, the electric window control/motor, more luxury in the spartan cabin, better rear visability.
By alidab
on 09/04/13 12:46 PM (PDT)

I do so AGREE with you about that front bumper/spoiler. ANY contact with a normal parking cement stop is a NIGHTMARE. DON't get NEAR them, as they are the right exact height to "catch" the front spoiler/bumper and ruin the front low bumper/spoiler. WHAT were they thinking? In Germany are there no parking "stop" or dips in the road? I can't recall..when I went I was on a tour bus!!!! I ONLY use mine for short trips "out" with the top down. ONLY love it because it's a convertible, sharp, flashy, sassy and grips the road...albeit a bit "too" much so the ride is tad bumpy-must be those LOW profile tires and chrome rims!!!!