2003 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class Consumer Review: Great Car!

2003 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class - Consumer Review

CLK500 Coupe (5.0L V8 5-speed Automatic)

Great Car!
By chaosminer on

2003 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class CLK500 2dr Coupe (5.0L 8cyl 5A)

This car is my first Mercedes -- I was checking into purchasing an SLK and was told of the waiting list.... I was about to leave the dealership when I noticed that a new car had been wheeled into the showroom. I liked the way it looked, test drove it and bought it a few minutes later. It has sufficient acceleration at highway speeds, it has style, and it is easy to drive. After spending a year driving this car daily, my wife's Lexus feels like a collection of parts travelling in roughly the same direction.

The navagation control -- I thought I wouldn't use it at first. It turns out it is a great way to explore new roads whether in town or going down country backroads!

Needs a second cup holder. The automatic rain sensor gets a little wild at times. I've learned to control it by waiting until the window is wet enough before turning it on. Also, if you leave it on after the rain stops it can really startle you a few hours later....