Used 2003 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2003 Mercedes-benz Clk-class - Consumer Reviews

2003 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class

View reviews for a specific CLK-Class model:

Excellent car with the right refinements
By Dr Grold

2003 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class CLK320 2dr Cabriolet (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

The CLK320 with the standard interior is awful. We had to pay an extra $7000 to get a decent interior upgrade (Designo Cashmere) which makes the car very cool overall. I cannot imagine sitting in the car without the upgrade...it is so cheapy and plastic, it is hard to believe that it is a Mercedes. Once we put the package together then it is a very fine car. Fun to drive, very solid, fun and safe interactive voice command features.

Favorite Features

Being able to drive the car as a stick (for me) and as an automatic (for my wife)--pretty cool! The voice activated phone, cd, and radio are also cool. The navigation system has already saved us a few times...and the car is very new!

Suggested Improvements

The heat just dribbles out of the center console. The horn is hard to activate --add daytime running lights for safety. The trunk could open all the way.

like my clk55
By djwilliams

2003 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class CLK55 AMG 2dr Coupe (5.5L 8cyl 5A)

I brought the car for the engine and overall fun to drive qualities. You don't see many on the road and with some nice wheels look different from others. Without having to spend a $100,000, I can out run most cars. It is really a sleeper a the red light.

Excellent!
By D Strickel

2003 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class CLK320 2dr Cabriolet (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

Very solid, nice power for engine size. Comfortable and very fun to drive! Useful luxury features such as steering wheel controls, dual zone temp, teleaid, nice stereo. Handling is awsome, car feels very adaptable to different driving situations. Amazing reactions from people on the street for a car under $100k.

Favorite Features

Seats, overall style, steering, Bose sound system. Smartkey is cool as well. And, nice convertible top!

Suggested Improvements

better cup holder!! Move cruise control, it's easy to confuse with turn signal.

Fast, Slick, and Rare
By Todd

2003 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class CLK55 AMG 2dr Coupe (5.5L 8cyl 5A)

This is my first MB. This car is really fast. I love MB's understated sporty look. It is a really slick design that will stand the test of time. Engine has tons of torque, and it handles like a dream. It may not be as tight as a BMW M3, but the ride quality is second to none. It is the perfect blend of smooth ride and great handling. I took a chance on buying one because the reliability ratings are not that good, but so far no major problems, and nothing I've had to go to the dealer for. I am extremely happy with my purchase.

Favorite Features

Strong motor, navigation, handling, ride, pillarless design, loaded with features

Suggested Improvements

Wish they would've put the supercharged 5.5L V8 in the CLK, how about an in-dash 6-disk changer?

2003 CLK55 AMG
By Robert

2003 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class CLK55 AMG 2dr Coupe (5.5L 8cyl 5A)

Car is exceptional. I bought it used with 36000 miles on it in October 2007; it now has just over 42,000 miles on it. Car handles like a dream and corners like it is on rails, even at high speeds. Very fun to drive not to mention my wife and I both get lots of looks (not because we are weird looking either). My next car will be without a doubt a Mercedes. The power and acceleration offered with the AMG engine is awewsome. We have never lost a race at a stop light yet, even against a BMW M class. Mileage is not too good, even when driving normally. Averages around 14 or 15. Am taking it on a road trip this weekend.

Favorite Features

The car is quick and fast; handles superbly. Love the absence of a B-pillar.

Suggested Improvements

Could make it easier to put the back seats down. There is a handle on each side in the cabin that must be pulled up in addition to two handles in the trunk just under the window.