2003 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific CLK-Class model:
Great Overall Car
By Thomas H on 03/17/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class CLK430 2dr Cabriolet (4.3L 8cyl 5A)

My purchase of my CLK 430 was an impulse buy. All the right pieces came together (price, availability, desire, etc.) and I purchesd the vehicle with little forethought. My first reaction was a bit of buyers remorse because of downsizing from a sedan and that I already own a convertable. After the first week however, this has become my primary vehicle and I love to drive it. The styling is great and the performance exceptional. My only complaint is the lack of amenities unless you puchase a vehicle with factory Navigation, phone, etc. all of my Audis have more interior bang for the buck. MB should work on this.

Great ride!
By Seaeric on 03/08/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class CLK320 2dr Coupe (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

I really like this car. It is fun to drive and has good acceleration. Its nice to see that Mecedes can build a quality car (in Germany) as compared to my 2003 ML 320 which is built here. BIG difference!

WHAT A GREAT CAR
By ALEX SHULMAN on 03/02/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class CLK500 2dr Coupe (5.0L 8cyl 5A)

FIRST LET ME START THAT I SPENT A FEW MONTHS CHOOSING THE RIGHT CAR FOR ME. THE ISSUES WERE DRIVING IMPRESSIONS, HANDLING, QUALITY OF THE RIDE, STYLE, COMFORT(ESPECIALLY THE DRIVER'S SEAT), EXCLUSIVETY. THE CONTENDERS WERE BMW M3 (COUPE), LEXUS SC430, BMW 540 (M SPORT PACKAGE)AND CLK500. AFTER TEST DRIVING ALL OF THOSE CARS, I BOUGHT THEE CLK500. IT EXCELS IN ALL CATEGORIES LISTED ABOVE; ESPECIALLY THE QUALITY OF THE RIDE (MOST LIKELY BECAUSE OF THE NEW SUSPENSION) WHICH IS SIMPLY AMAZING. THE M3 IS A PHENOMENAL CAR, BUT FEELS STIFFER AND MORE ROUGH. SC430 FALLS BEHIND THOSE TWO.

clk320 cab
By BOBO on 03/01/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class CLK320 2dr Cabriolet (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

fun and beutifull, good handeling can seat 4 adults the best convertable for the money!

Excellent car with the right refinements
By Dr Grold on 02/23/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class CLK320 2dr Cabriolet (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

The CLK320 with the standard interior is awful. We had to pay an extra $7000 to get a decent interior upgrade (Designo Cashmere) which makes the car very cool overall. I cannot imagine sitting in the car without the upgrade...it is so cheapy and plastic, it is hard to believe that it is a Mercedes. Once we put the package together then it is a very fine car. Fun to drive, very solid, fun and safe interactive voice command features.

clk da bomb
By jeepercreeper2 on 02/19/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class CLK320 2dr Coupe (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

excellent vehicle. great interior features and beautiful exterior. amazing ride. best car i have ever riden in.

The car of the year
By drljt on 02/08/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class CLK500 2dr Coupe (5.0L 8cyl 5A)

This is absolutely the best car I have ever owned....The kudos I get from people who see it and give a thumbs up as they drive by is all too frequent. Best buy for the buck on the market today.

like my clk55
By djwilliams on 02/04/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class CLK55 AMG 2dr Coupe (5.5L 8cyl 5A)

I brought the car for the engine and overall fun to drive qualities. You don't see many on the road and with some nice wheels look different from others. Without having to spend a $100,000, I can out run most cars. It is really a sleeper a the red light.

New Benz Owner
By Jopped on 01/31/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class CLK500 2dr Coupe (5.0L 8cyl 5A)

Fine production performance vehicle though a little small and with the CLK 500 I am finding there is too much power for this car. 320's 220 hp is fine. The 302 hp of the 500 is too tempting all the time. Otherwise it is a beautiful auto, of fine engineering.

Not a SL
By Charles McBride on 01/05/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class CLK320 2dr Cabriolet (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

Problem with phone and Elec.