Used 2003 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2003 Mercedes-benz Clk-class - Consumer Reviews

2003 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class

View reviews for a specific CLK-Class model:

Too many problems
By kaylee

2003 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class CLK55 AMG 2dr Coupe (5.5L 8cyl 5A)

Right when i drove out of the lot, there was a problems with the car. The Ac was hot, the windshield wiper was noisy, my malfunction thing was on saying my sos was not working, my back shades were loose making alot of noise. Overall this car is really fast with 362 hp, but too many problems. Had taken this car to the dealership way too many times!

Favorite Features

navigation, k3, k4 package, keyless go, heated seats,cd changer

Suggested Improvements

Ac unit was found that the reason why it is so hot in the car is because the ac unit for clk's are small. Need to make larger ac units. Mechanics has told me that ac of mercedes suck.

Quality and Performance
By reenid

2003 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class CLK500 2dr Coupe (5.0L 8cyl 5A)

Having owned a CLK 430 Coupe (V8, 275hp) for 3 years, I thought nothing could rival its quality, performance, safety, reliability, and design. But, Mercedes has exceeded all expectations again in the redesigned CLK 500 Coupe. Quality remains the same, the options are amazing. 8 airbags and other safety features are incredible. Please note that MB has super heavy duty bumpers-- the bumper cover is what you see damaged in testing. The car is incredible--pride of ownership and a joy to own. Mercedes treats customers with respect, quality treatment, and quick fix, if necessary, regardless of length of ownership.

Favorite Features

Parktronic mirror, distronic cruise control, new placement of cd changer, electronic steering wheel placement, seats and steering wheel changing position for ease of movement into and out of vehicle, safety, lines, performance.

Suggested Improvements

Single cupholder in front in an awkward position for the driver--needs to be repositioned.

O3' CLK55 "Senna"
By denalixxl

2003 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class CLK55 AMG 2dr Coupe (5.5L 8cyl 5A)

I could not be more pleased with this car, It is my Porsche, and I am truly considering owning AMG-Badged Mercedes-Benz cars instead of the car from Stuttgart, that I have longed for my entire life. The car is simply amazing. I have taken it out on the track twice now, and have been extremely pleased with its poise and track prowess. I am a very proud CLK55 owner, and have no intention of selling it.

Favorite Features

The pillarless side windows are very captivating. Makes for a great convertible alternative with the sunroof and windows open. Speedshift, Formula-1 inspired shifting buttons, The shifts are firm and quick. The seats are very comfortable and supportive. Keyless Go is awesome.

Suggested Improvements

I really wish the car came with the European models 18" wheels, And I would certainly like to have the DVD based navigation system that is only available in select 2004 models.

A change:
By Odila Zocca

2003 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class CLK320 2dr Coupe (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

I have a SUV for 5 years and decided to get a small car because my oldest daughter is driving now. I did very little search because the first car dealer I went was the Mercedes. I fell in love with the CLK and I liked the elegance of the 320 and no other car could change my mind. From my sales person to the deliver and the exitment of driving "OZ" (that is what I named him) I'm a very happy customer, thank you!

Favorite Features

The tell aid system, the way I could set my seat "exactly" how I needed a,d overall comfort when I drive.

Suggested Improvements

A better use for that space between the two passagens on the back sit?? I don't know, I realy cna't think of anything.

IG Review of my CLK Cabriolet
By Ira Goodman

2003 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class CLK320 2dr Cabriolet (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

The Mercedes CLK Cabriolet is certainly one of the classier, good looking and eye-catching cars on the road. It is also one of the best values. With Mercedes high quality engineering and most of the amenities you could want it is a great car and a great buy. It's not cheap but it rides and sells with reliability. It's pretty close to perfect, but not quite there- no rear cup holders and an unsightly radio antenna.

Favorite Features

Great lines; great performance; Boise stereo; heated seats are HOT.

Suggested Improvements

Better Data Center; hidden radio antenna; fold down rear seat; rear cup holders and window controls; easier access seat belts.