2003 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific CLK-Class model:
I Must Have Bought A Lemon...
By Valerie B. on 07/06/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class CLK430 2dr Cabriolet (4.3L 8cyl 5A)

Well, after reading the other reviews I've concluded that my CLK430 must be an exception. I have taken the car back to the dealership for work on the headlights (1x), windows (2x), ABS light (1x), CD player (2x), and most repeatedly, the front bumper/molding (5x). MB should be ashamed of the design for the front bumper of this car. The molding around the fog lamps pops off with even slight contact with a parking bumper. While I will agree the car is peppy and having the top down is WONDERFUL, every drive has be overshadowed with the worry of, "what new is going to happen today?"

Great handling and fun to drive
By Jan Elberse on 06/15/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class CLK500 2dr Coupe (5.0L 8cyl 5A)

This car looks great, handles like a dream, and has power to spare. Very fun to drive, great trunk space for a relatively small car, lots of cool features. Roll down the windows and it feels like you're driving a convertible.

Love my Car
By sdctony on 06/13/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class CLK320 2dr Coupe (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

The car is everything I had hoped for in my first convertible. Riding in this car with the top down is the greatest feeling.

First Benz, not my last. Some problems
By jwnpitt on 06/12/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class CLK320 2dr Coupe (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

I hear many people say they wait for their benzs. I bought my 2003 CLK 320 right off of the lot and insisted on a discount too. I have never bought a car or helped a person buy a car, and I help many, without a discount off the sticker price. And what is with all the statistics stating the average buyer is 45-50, male and makes over $95000? I am none of those, I am 32, and make a good bit less than that. I know how to budget too. I would recomend a benz even with such faults. All of my friends with cars of all makes have complaints.

wow 2003
By luddin on 05/28/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class CLK320 2dr Coupe (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

This car is the best i have ever driven $ for $.

covertible clk-320
By EAH on 05/07/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class CLK320 2dr Cabriolet (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

The car is worth the wait for delivery. The German craftmanship is outstanding. The ease of putting the top down is effortless, the best of any convertible I have

Alot of Fun!
By Ecstatic BNZ owner on 05/05/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class CLK320 2dr Cabriolet (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

For the $$, this car rocks! Forget the "C" class and go for the CLK. The interior design isn't the best but everything else about the car well makes up for it. It is FUN to drive, top up or down. If on a "budget" spend a little extra to chrome the wheels and you've got one sweet car.

CLK500 Coupe
By Drew01 on 04/25/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class CLK500 2dr Coupe (5.0L 8cyl 5A)

Handles great, and has a lot of power off the line.

Excellent Car Ever Had
By OZUser on 04/20/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class CLK320 2dr Coupe (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

I received my new CLK320 two weeks ago after long waiting - it has been an excellent car to drive. This car replaced my 2000 3.5RL which was also a great car, never had any trouble. I like the combined sporty and comfort offered by new CLK – it is fun to drive, quite powerful yet it is very comfortable, apart from two doors, I can’t tell much different from my 3.5RL in term of comfort.

MY CONVERTIBLE
By RICHARD GLASS on 04/19/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class CLK430 2dr Cabriolet (4.3L 8cyl 5A)

I AGREE WITH THE POOR VISABILITY OUT OF THE REAR VIEW MIRROR. NEEDS WORK FRONT PLASTIC BUMPER IS A DISGRACE. FALLS OFF ALL THE TIME. BUT THE CAR HAS A GREAT LOOK AND FEEL. WHAT'S WITH THE CUP HOLDER? IT BROKE DAY ONE AND NEVER REALLY WORKED.