Used 2003 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class Coupe Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2003 Mercedes-benz Clk-class - Consumer Reviews

2003 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class Coupe

View reviews for a specific CLK-Class model:

Amazing Car
By Nickinday

A car you will love

Favorite Features

Handling, Power, Gadgets, No B pillar

Suggested Improvements

Its pretty perfect the new replacement E coupe looks great but lacks the comfort.

Classy, smooth power
By Tom

2003 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class Coupe CLK500 2dr Coupe (5.0L 8cyl 5A)

This my fourth pre-owned M-B (got it last month with 35K miles). The timeless design is head-turning and will look great decades from now. The V8 rumble is music to the ears at any RPM. I am still getting used the the awesome torque and horsepower even though I once had an E420 (there was a Honda Element between these two M-Bs, so I guess that explains that). Just starting it in the garage puts a smile on my face. The lack of B-pillars gives the car an almost convertible feel with windows down and the moonroof open, yet there is not a hint of wind noise when all is closed up. The build quality is and driving experience is solid, top- notch, and always enjoyable.

Favorite Features

Seamless, smooth power with decent fuel economy, muscular exhaust note, and great handling yet still with a smooth ride. The thing that hands you the seat belt is so cool, and always amuses passengers. I can't help but say "Thank you James" every time, as if talking to a butler.

Suggested Improvements

The Bose sound system is only so-so, and I think this was addressed in later year models.

CLK 500
By Voila

2003 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class Coupe CLK500 2dr Coupe (5.0L 8cyl 5A)

This car has been excellent from day one. The 500 has excellent horse power and the fuel economy is good for me, The design is excellent! You can tell they really thought this model through. Very comfortable. The car handles well and especially with the sport package. My car has the black with cream interior. Other colors I would consider is the silver, and the navy. Stay away from red and white colors for this car.

Favorite Features

Navigation, the famous cup-holder, the back seats have roll down windows and 2 cup holders, the back seats hold 2 adults. The back window shade is great for traveling down here in the south. The heated seats are excellent. I like the instrument cluster's coloring.

Suggested Improvements

The keyless should be push start. The keyless it has now is not strong, you have to be really close to the car for it to work. I think that's it. The navigation maps (updated) should display like google maps, imo.

MB 320 CLK
By matrixsam

2003 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class Coupe CLK320 2dr Coupe (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

This car has been excellent from day one. My only regret is that I did not go all the way and bought the CLK 55 in the first place. The 320 is however a good compromise with good fuel economy, styling and comfort. The car handles well and especially with the sport package. My car has the classic brilliant silver with charcoal interior. Other colors I would consider is the black, and the navy. Stay away from red and white colors for this car. A winner is the silver tones, in the classic spirit for MB race cars!

Favorite Features

Get the navigation system. I use it all the time and it actually saves me time and gas never getting lost. Annual map updates (DVD's) keep the system current. The steptronic gear box is fun to drive and adds to the sporty feel. The Bi-Xeon headlights is a major improvement and a must feature.

Suggested Improvements

Keep add on even more power as most recently seen with the improvement from the 320 to 350.

Great Car, no problems ever!
By TraceyThomas

2003 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class Coupe CLK320 2dr Coupe (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

The car has been great since day one. It has been reliable, fun to drive and no repairs other than tires. The ride was fantastic and attention to details perfect. I'm buying another one, my lease is over, this time the CLK 350 they have discontinued the CLK 320.

Favorite Features

Navigation system and also the back up sensor.

Suggested Improvements

More power, but I think they addressed this in the new CLK 350.