Used 2003 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class Convertible Consumer Reviews - 26 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2003 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class Convertible - Consumer Reviews

2003 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class Convertible

View reviews for a specific CLK-Class model:

future classic!
By Matt

2003 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class Convertible CLK430 2dr Cabriolet (4.3L 8cyl 5A)

The 430s are already becoming collectible with classic style and Mercedes Benz quality that is timeless. Love the cars and will keep mine for many years in the future. I do believe they will continue to increase in value as some of the other 4 seat MB convertibles have (280SE). Get yours now before they become unattainable!

I love my clk 430 cabriolet
By Hugo

2003 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class Convertible CLK430 2dr Cabriolet (4.3L 8cyl 5A)

I wanted a convertible with a backseat. I almost bought a BMW 645 / 650 cabrio used, but found this low miles beauty for almost half the price at the same dealership. No regrets!

Great Car
By VJR

2003 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class Convertible CLK430 2dr Cabriolet (4.3L 8cyl 5A)

I purchased this car from a coworker. It has been wonderful from the beginning (including when my coworker owned it). Because I didn't purchase it new it isn't equipped the way I would. e.g., I would want navigation and rear backup sensors. But I've had very few mechanical issues and have definitely enjoyed ownership.

Dashboard layout, strong a/c, power convertible top, top up cruising is like a coupe, great heated seats, 'rest' a/c.

Feel 'something' in the handling, I think from the staggered tire setup; rides too low so scraping front air dam is tough to avoid; power top must be manually initiated (prefer one button operation), would like 2 small windows in the top (by rear seats) to reduce blind spot when top is up.

CLK 430 Cab
By MK

2003 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class Convertible CLK430 2dr Cabriolet (4.3L 8cyl 5A)

I love my 430 convertible. When I got the car, it was 4 years old but I still love it. The look, handling, convertible, heated seats, comfortable leather seats, and AC are my favorite features. I live in Calgary, AB where we have wicked winters at -35 degrees celcius (-31 F) and hot summer days at +35 degrees celcius (95 F) and this car handles the different seasons perfectly. I do suggest throwing some chrome rims on the car, which makes it look like a million dollars.

The handling, the look, drop-top, the comfortable leather heated seats, 6 disk cd changer.

Better cup holders, more reliable front bumper, hard top, CD changer in the front not the trunk, CD player that plays mp3 cds, and ipod compatibility.

My 2003 Mercedes CLK 320 Convertible
By Shane Park

2003 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class Convertible CLK320 2dr Cabriolet (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

When I purchased my 2003 pre-owned smoked silver Mercedes CLK 320 convertible with 19" chrome AMG rims and low profile tires I knew I was in for some major fun. The first thing that caught my eye (other than the glimmer of the rims) was the way the top retracted neatly into its space then dissappeared as the rear cover closed. The look of this car with the top down is by far the best convertible look I have ever seen. The exterior lines are true to a well designed Mercedes and the interior look does not lack at all in design but I prefer less plastic. The 265 HP engine speeds you smoothly around anyone in your way and the electronic shifter supplies you with the added hill power when needed.

My favorite feature is the convertible top retraction process. All my friends just like to watch the 17 second process which can be done at most stoplights if you suddenly feel the need to put the top down. The entire look is insanely beautiful when you choose the right rims and low profile tires

Improvements to this vehicle would be less plastic parts on the interior. I prefer to not hear any door noise as I pull it shut. I would appreciate a bit more leg room for my passengers also. There is no reason for a back seat if your passengers end up with very little leg room.