2003 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class Convertible - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific CLK-Class model:
I love my clk 430 cabriolet
By Hugo on 11/16/10 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class Convertible CLK430 2dr Cabriolet (4.3L 8cyl 5A)

I wanted a convertible with a backseat. I almost bought a BMW 645 / 650 cabrio used, but found this low miles beauty for almost half the price at the same dealership. No regrets!

Great Car
By VJR on 09/11/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class Convertible CLK430 2dr Cabriolet (4.3L 8cyl 5A)

I purchased this car from a coworker. It has been wonderful from the beginning (including when my coworker owned it). Because I didn't purchase it new it isn't equipped the way I would. e.g., I would want navigation and rear backup sensors. But I've had very few mechanical issues and have definitely enjoyed ownership.

CLK 430 Cab
By MK on 08/10/08 14:42 PM (PDT)

2003 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class Convertible CLK430 2dr Cabriolet (4.3L 8cyl 5A)

I love my 430 convertible. When I got the car, it was 4 years old but I still love it. The look, handling, convertible, heated seats, comfortable leather seats, and AC are my favorite features. I live in Calgary, AB where we have wicked winters at -35 degrees celcius (-31 F) and hot summer days at +35 degrees celcius (95 F) and this car handles the different seasons perfectly. I do suggest throwing some chrome rims on the car, which makes it look like a million dollars.

My 2003 Mercedes CLK 320 Convertible
By Shane Park on 05/21/08 13:36 PM (PDT)

2003 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class Convertible CLK320 2dr Cabriolet (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

When I purchased my 2003 pre-owned smoked silver Mercedes CLK 320 convertible with 19" chrome AMG rims and low profile tires I knew I was in for some major fun. The first thing that caught my eye (other than the glimmer of the rims) was the way the top retracted neatly into its space then dissappeared as the rear cover closed. The look of this car with the top down is by far the best convertible look I have ever seen. The exterior lines are true to a well designed Mercedes and the interior look does not lack at all in design but I prefer less plastic. The 265 HP engine speeds you smoothly around anyone in your way and the electronic shifter supplies you with the added hill power when needed.

A true sport/luxury convertible
By matt on 08/22/07 14:27 PM (PDT)

2003 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class Convertible CLK430 2dr Cabriolet (4.3L 8cyl 5A)

Love my certified C430 cabriolet! It is a beautiful black opal, black clot top and ash interior. The Bose sound system is 2nd to none and build quality is excellent. I do believe this is an instant collectible and will only increase in value over the years. The big 4.3 litre V-8 gets over 25mpg on road trips and the comfort is superior to any other convertible out there. When the top is up you would think you where in a hardtop coupe. Probably the most beautiful car I have ever owned. If you are looking for a high quality dependable used convertible, I would strongly suggest one of these!

My CLK320
By Gary Evans on 12/31/04 17:01 PM (PST)

2003 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class Convertible CLK320 2dr Cabriolet (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

Simply stated, the best of nine Mercedes I have owned.

First German car...
By Dave2 on 06/25/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class Convertible CLK320 2dr Cabriolet (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

Awesome! Mercedes for the rest of my life. After many Chevy's, Fords, Toyota's, Honda's; I will never go back. The customer service is unbelievable. Don't buy one unless you plan on owning MB the rest of your life.

Excellent!
By D Strickel on 02/24/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class Convertible CLK320 2dr Cabriolet (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

Very solid, nice power for engine size. Comfortable and very fun to drive! Useful luxury features such as steering wheel controls, dual zone temp, teleaid, nice stereo. Handling is awsome, car feels very adaptable to different driving situations. Amazing reactions from people on the street for a car under $100k.

My 430 CLK Cabriolet
By shoper999 on 12/11/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class Convertible CLK430 2dr Cabriolet (4.3L 8cyl 5A)

This is my 4th Mercedes and I absolutly LOVE this car.. even better than my SL.. Fast , and fun to drive.. The benefits of having a sports car with a back seat.. doesn't get better than this!!

Poor quality throughout
By Alan Weinberg on 12/10/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class Convertible CLK430 2dr Cabriolet (4.3L 8cyl 5A)

It's common for the front bumper grill to pop off and get lost on st - $400 to replace; MBnz "leather" is cheap, ext thin and easily torn/punctured vinyl; mini spare tire; interior windshield woodtrim placed where it can fade; outrageously designed & fragile cup holder;idles rough and loud - my '91 Lexus w/206,000 miles is smoother/quieter. Poorly placed frt seat belts - difficult to retrieve while std. Many horror stories heard from other owners at the Service Dept. "Chryslerization" of Daimler/Benz. Cheapness.