Used 2003 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class CLK55 AMG Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2003 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class CLK55 AMG - Consumer Reviews

CLK55 AMG 5.5L V8 5-speed Automatic - (7 reviews )

2003 CLK55 AMG
By Robert

2003 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class CLK55 AMG CLK55 AMG 2dr Coupe (5.5L 8cyl 5A)

Car is exceptional. I bought it used with 36000 miles on it in October 2007; it now has just over 42,000 miles on it. Car handles like a dream and corners like it is on rails, even at high speeds. Very fun to drive not to mention my wife and I both get lots of looks (not because we are weird looking either). My next car will be without a doubt a Mercedes. The power and acceleration offered with the AMG engine is awewsome. We have never lost a race at a stop light yet, even against a BMW M class. Mileage is not too good, even when driving normally. Averages around 14 or 15. Am taking it on a road trip this weekend.

The car is quick and fast; handles superbly. Love the absence of a B-pillar.

Could make it easier to put the back seats down. There is a handle on each side in the cabin that must be pulled up in addition to two handles in the trunk just under the window.

AMG, name says it all
By Steve

2003 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class CLK55 AMG CLK55 AMG 2dr Coupe (5.5L 8cyl 5A)

I got it used in Queens. couldn't resist it's styling in and out and when i took it out for a test drive, it was amazing. Superb handling and performance at the same time. I cannot be more satisfied with this car other than for its gas mileage. I just did a drag on it and got an impressive 5.02 sec 0-60mph! always room for improvements. Thinking about few Kleemann parts here and there. Overall, lovin' it everyday since the first day.

F1 style tiptronic is hot. I also like the seating position very much.

Better AC quality and i just wish they had had supercharged CLK55 AMG's in 2003

Fast, Slick, and Rare
By Todd

2003 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class CLK55 AMG CLK55 AMG 2dr Coupe (5.5L 8cyl 5A)

This is my first MB. This car is really fast. I love MB's understated sporty look. It is a really slick design that will stand the test of time. Engine has tons of torque, and it handles like a dream. It may not be as tight as a BMW M3, but the ride quality is second to none. It is the perfect blend of smooth ride and great handling. I took a chance on buying one because the reliability ratings are not that good, but so far no major problems, and nothing I've had to go to the dealer for. I am extremely happy with my purchase.

Strong motor, navigation, handling, ride, pillarless design, loaded with features

Wish they would've put the supercharged 5.5L V8 in the CLK, how about an in-dash 6-disk changer?

Too many problems
By kaylee

2003 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class CLK55 AMG CLK55 AMG 2dr Coupe (5.5L 8cyl 5A)

Right when i drove out of the lot, there was a problems with the car. The Ac was hot, the windshield wiper was noisy, my malfunction thing was on saying my sos was not working, my back shades were loose making alot of noise. Overall this car is really fast with 362 hp, but too many problems. Had taken this car to the dealership way too many times!

navigation, k3, k4 package, keyless go, heated seats,cd changer

Ac unit was found that the reason why it is so hot in the car is because the ac unit for clk's are small. Need to make larger ac units. Mechanics has told me that ac of mercedes suck.

O3' CLK55 "Senna"
By denalixxl

2003 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class CLK55 AMG CLK55 AMG 2dr Coupe (5.5L 8cyl 5A)

I could not be more pleased with this car, It is my Porsche, and I am truly considering owning AMG-Badged Mercedes-Benz cars instead of the car from Stuttgart, that I have longed for my entire life. The car is simply amazing. I have taken it out on the track twice now, and have been extremely pleased with its poise and track prowess. I am a very proud CLK55 owner, and have no intention of selling it.

The pillarless side windows are very captivating. Makes for a great convertible alternative with the sunroof and windows open. Speedshift, Formula-1 inspired shifting buttons, The shifts are firm and quick. The seats are very comfortable and supportive. Keyless Go is awesome.

I really wish the car came with the European models 18" wheels, And I would certainly like to have the DVD based navigation system that is only available in select 2004 models.