2003 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific CLK-Class model:
I love my clk 430 cabriolet
By Hugo on 11/16/10 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class CLK430 2dr Cabriolet (4.3L 8cyl 5A)

I wanted a convertible with a backseat. I almost bought a BMW 645 / 650 cabrio used, but found this low miles beauty for almost half the price at the same dealership. No regrets!

Great Car
By VJR on 09/11/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class CLK430 2dr Cabriolet (4.3L 8cyl 5A)

I purchased this car from a coworker. It has been wonderful from the beginning (including when my coworker owned it). Because I didn't purchase it new it isn't equipped the way I would. e.g., I would want navigation and rear backup sensors. But I've had very few mechanical issues and have definitely enjoyed ownership.

CLK 430 Cab
By MK on 08/10/08 14:42 PM (PDT)

2003 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class CLK430 2dr Cabriolet (4.3L 8cyl 5A)

I love my 430 convertible. When I got the car, it was 4 years old but I still love it. The look, handling, convertible, heated seats, comfortable leather seats, and AC are my favorite features. I live in Calgary, AB where we have wicked winters at -35 degrees celcius (-31 F) and hot summer days at +35 degrees celcius (95 F) and this car handles the different seasons perfectly. I do suggest throwing some chrome rims on the car, which makes it look like a million dollars.

A true sport/luxury convertible
By matt on 08/22/07 14:27 PM (PDT)

2003 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class CLK430 2dr Cabriolet (4.3L 8cyl 5A)

Love my certified C430 cabriolet! It is a beautiful black opal, black clot top and ash interior. The Bose sound system is 2nd to none and build quality is excellent. I do believe this is an instant collectible and will only increase in value over the years. The big 4.3 litre V-8 gets over 25mpg on road trips and the comfort is superior to any other convertible out there. When the top is up you would think you where in a hardtop coupe. Probably the most beautiful car I have ever owned. If you are looking for a high quality dependable used convertible, I would strongly suggest one of these!

My 430 CLK Cabriolet
By shoper999 on 12/11/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class CLK430 2dr Cabriolet (4.3L 8cyl 5A)

This is my 4th Mercedes and I absolutly LOVE this car.. even better than my SL.. Fast , and fun to drive.. The benefits of having a sports car with a back seat.. doesn't get better than this!!

Poor quality throughout
By Alan Weinberg on 12/10/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class CLK430 2dr Cabriolet (4.3L 8cyl 5A)

It's common for the front bumper grill to pop off and get lost on st - $400 to replace; MBnz "leather" is cheap, ext thin and easily torn/punctured vinyl; mini spare tire; interior windshield woodtrim placed where it can fade; outrageously designed & fragile cup holder;idles rough and loud - my '91 Lexus w/206,000 miles is smoother/quieter. Poorly placed frt seat belts - difficult to retrieve while std. Many horror stories heard from other owners at the Service Dept. "Chryslerization" of Daimler/Benz. Cheapness.

More than expected
By Audrey Parks on 09/13/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class CLK430 2dr Cabriolet (4.3L 8cyl 5A)

We fully expected a good car. We got a great one. Its fun to drive, has a lot of "curb appeal" and, as an unexpected plus-gas milage is great. And we don't know how the top could be easier to operate. Overall it makes driving an adventure.

GREAT CAR
By ROBERT on 07/11/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

THIS IS 2002 CLK430 CONVERTIBLE. WHAT A FUN CAR TO DRIVE

I Must Have Bought A Lemon...
By Valerie B. on 07/06/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class CLK430 2dr Cabriolet (4.3L 8cyl 5A)

Well, after reading the other reviews I've concluded that my CLK430 must be an exception. I have taken the car back to the dealership for work on the headlights (1x), windows (2x), ABS light (1x), CD player (2x), and most repeatedly, the front bumper/molding (5x). MB should be ashamed of the design for the front bumper of this car. The molding around the fog lamps pops off with even slight contact with a parking bumper. While I will agree the car is peppy and having the top down is WONDERFUL, every drive has be overshadowed with the worry of, "what new is going to happen today?"

MY CONVERTIBLE
By RICHARD GLASS on 04/19/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class CLK430 2dr Cabriolet (4.3L 8cyl 5A)

I AGREE WITH THE POOR VISABILITY OUT OF THE REAR VIEW MIRROR. NEEDS WORK FRONT PLASTIC BUMPER IS A DISGRACE. FALLS OFF ALL THE TIME. BUT THE CAR HAS A GREAT LOOK AND FEEL. WHAT'S WITH THE CUP HOLDER? IT BROKE DAY ONE AND NEVER REALLY WORKED.