2003 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific CLK-Class model:
Amazing Car
By Nickinday on 12/20/09 20:58 PM (PST)

A car you will love

Classy, smooth power
By Tom on 01/31/09 07:52 AM (PST)

2003 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class CLK500 2dr Coupe (5.0L 8cyl 5A)

This my fourth pre-owned M-B (got it last month with 35K miles). The timeless design is head-turning and will look great decades from now. The V8 rumble is music to the ears at any RPM. I am still getting used the the awesome torque and horsepower even though I once had an E420 (there was a Honda Element between these two M-Bs, so I guess that explains that). Just starting it in the garage puts a smile on my face. The lack of B-pillars gives the car an almost convertible feel with windows down and the moonroof open, yet there is not a hint of wind noise when all is closed up. The build quality is and driving experience is solid, top- notch, and always enjoyable.

CLK 500
By Voila on 03/13/08 07:32 AM (PDT)

2003 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class CLK500 2dr Coupe (5.0L 8cyl 5A)

This car has been excellent from day one. The 500 has excellent horse power and the fuel economy is good for me, The design is excellent! You can tell they really thought this model through. Very comfortable. The car handles well and especially with the sport package. My car has the black with cream interior. Other colors I would consider is the silver, and the navy. Stay away from red and white colors for this car.

A Dangerous Beast on the road.
By charles on 07/25/05 22:46 PM (PDT)

2003 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class CLK500 2dr Coupe (5.0L 8cyl 5A)

I don't know what others are talking about when they give bad reviews about the CLK 500. Maybe they just bought one that had not been taken care of. My CLK 500 hurts a lot of drivers feelings on the interstate. The power is awesome and the luxury features meet the standard. However there is the cheap plastic trim above the door that evryone talks about, but you show me a perfect car with no deficiencies. My car has 19' chrome wheels with 265/30's in the rear & 235/35 in the front. It definitely looks intimidating. It almost takes the fastest 5-series BMW to make me sweat a little.

The 2nd Benz
By CityBoy3 on 04/04/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class CLK500 2dr Coupe (5.0L 8cyl 5A)

This CLK is the best one I've ever driven, even though it's my sister's she let's me drive it alot I love the way it hanldes the curves and I love flying through the corners, this make me wanna trade in my 1995 500SL. This CLK has a 302hp- V8 and I just love how it purs, anyone who says they don't like it doesn't know luxury.

Quality and Performance
By reenid on 10/06/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class CLK500 2dr Coupe (5.0L 8cyl 5A)

Having owned a CLK 430 Coupe (V8, 275hp) for 3 years, I thought nothing could rival its quality, performance, safety, reliability, and design. But, Mercedes has exceeded all expectations again in the redesigned CLK 500 Coupe. Quality remains the same, the options are amazing. 8 airbags and other safety features are incredible. Please note that MB has super heavy duty bumpers-- the bumper cover is what you see damaged in testing. The car is incredible--pride of ownership and a joy to own. Mercedes treats customers with respect, quality treatment, and quick fix, if necessary, regardless of length of ownership.

Sheer Delight
By JDSeattle on 09/02/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class CLK500 2dr Coupe (5.0L 8cyl 5A)

I traded a beloved BMW-540i for this car and have not had a moment's regret. I love the handling, tight chassis, ergomonics in the cabin, but most of all the smooth power the V-8 pours out on command. Everything is refined about this car, even in the way it delivers almost unlimited power.

Great Car!
By chaosminer on 08/30/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class CLK500 2dr Coupe (5.0L 8cyl 5A)

This car is my first Mercedes -- I was checking into purchasing an SLK and was told of the waiting list.... I was about to leave the dealership when I noticed that a new car had been wheeled into the showroom. I liked the way it looked, test drove it and bought it a few minutes later. It has sufficient acceleration at highway speeds, it has style, and it is easy to drive. After spending a year driving this car daily, my wife's Lexus feels like a collection of parts travelling in roughly the same direction.

Surprisingly Excellent
By cubanaudi on 08/28/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class CLK500 2dr Coupe (5.0L 8cyl 5A)

This car was a huge surprise for me. I went with a friend to get another model, and I came out with an MB and my friend didn't. Awesome power, comfortable ride, amazing looks, and just a sweet ride all around.

what i thought
By mel rust on 08/12/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class CLK500 2dr Coupe (5.0L 8cyl 5A)

the clk 500 coupe has alot of power for a small car. i wanted the cabriolet but the wait was to long!!!