2003 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class CLK320 Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2003 Mercedes-benz Clk-class - Consumer Reviews

2003 CLK-Class Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific CLK-Class model:

Sort Reviews by

I love my clk 430 cabriolet
By Hugo

2003 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class CLK430 2dr Cabriolet (4.3L 8cyl 5A)

I wanted a convertible with a backseat. I almost bought a BMW 645 / 650 cabrio used, but found this low miles beauty for almost half the price at the same dealership. No regrets!

Great Car
By VJR

2003 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class CLK430 2dr Cabriolet (4.3L 8cyl 5A)

I purchased this car from a coworker. It has been wonderful from the beginning (including when my coworker owned it). Because I didn't purchase it new it isn't equipped the way I would. e.g., I would want navigation and rear backup sensors. But I've had very few mechanical issues and have definitely enjoyed ownership.

Favorite Features

Dashboard layout, strong a/c, power convertible top, top up cruising is like a coupe, great heated seats, 'rest' a/c.

Suggested Improvements

Feel 'something' in the handling, I think from the staggered tire setup; rides too low so scraping front air dam is tough to avoid; power top must be manually initiated (prefer one button operation), would like 2 small windows in the top (by rear seats) to reduce blind spot when top is up.

Amazing Car
By Nickinday

A car you will love

Favorite Features

Handling, Power, Gadgets, No B pillar

Suggested Improvements

Its pretty perfect the new replacement E coupe looks great but lacks the comfort.

Classy, smooth power
By Tom

2003 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class CLK500 2dr Coupe (5.0L 8cyl 5A)

This my fourth pre-owned M-B (got it last month with 35K miles). The timeless design is head-turning and will look great decades from now. The V8 rumble is music to the ears at any RPM. I am still getting used the the awesome torque and horsepower even though I once had an E420 (there was a Honda Element between these two M-Bs, so I guess that explains that). Just starting it in the garage puts a smile on my face. The lack of B-pillars gives the car an almost convertible feel with windows down and the moonroof open, yet there is not a hint of wind noise when all is closed up. The build quality is and driving experience is solid, top- notch, and always enjoyable.

Favorite Features

Seamless, smooth power with decent fuel economy, muscular exhaust note, and great handling yet still with a smooth ride. The thing that hands you the seat belt is so cool, and always amuses passengers. I can't help but say "Thank you James" every time, as if talking to a butler.

Suggested Improvements

The Bose sound system is only so-so, and I think this was addressed in later year models.

CLK 430 Cab
By MK

2003 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class CLK430 2dr Cabriolet (4.3L 8cyl 5A)

I love my 430 convertible. When I got the car, it was 4 years old but I still love it. The look, handling, convertible, heated seats, comfortable leather seats, and AC are my favorite features. I live in Calgary, AB where we have wicked winters at -35 degrees celcius (-31 F) and hot summer days at +35 degrees celcius (95 F) and this car handles the different seasons perfectly. I do suggest throwing some chrome rims on the car, which makes it look like a million dollars.

Favorite Features

The handling, the look, drop-top, the comfortable leather heated seats, 6 disk cd changer.

Suggested Improvements

Better cup holders, more reliable front bumper, hard top, CD changer in the front not the trunk, CD player that plays mp3 cds, and ipod compatibility.

2003 CLK55 AMG
By Robert

2003 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class CLK55 AMG 2dr Coupe (5.5L 8cyl 5A)

Car is exceptional. I bought it used with 36000 miles on it in October 2007; it now has just over 42,000 miles on it. Car handles like a dream and corners like it is on rails, even at high speeds. Very fun to drive not to mention my wife and I both get lots of looks (not because we are weird looking either). My next car will be without a doubt a Mercedes. The power and acceleration offered with the AMG engine is awewsome. We have never lost a race at a stop light yet, even against a BMW M class. Mileage is not too good, even when driving normally. Averages around 14 or 15. Am taking it on a road trip this weekend.

Favorite Features

The car is quick and fast; handles superbly. Love the absence of a B-pillar.

Suggested Improvements

Could make it easier to put the back seats down. There is a handle on each side in the cabin that must be pulled up in addition to two handles in the trunk just under the window.

My 2003 Mercedes CLK 320 Convertible
By Shane Park

2003 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class CLK320 2dr Cabriolet (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

When I purchased my 2003 pre-owned smoked silver Mercedes CLK 320 convertible with 19" chrome AMG rims and low profile tires I knew I was in for some major fun. The first thing that caught my eye (other than the glimmer of the rims) was the way the top retracted neatly into its space then dissappeared as the rear cover closed. The look of this car with the top down is by far the best convertible look I have ever seen. The exterior lines are true to a well designed Mercedes and the interior look does not lack at all in design but I prefer less plastic. The 265 HP engine speeds you smoothly around anyone in your way and the electronic shifter supplies you with the added hill power when needed.

Favorite Features

My favorite feature is the convertible top retraction process. All my friends just like to watch the 17 second process which can be done at most stoplights if you suddenly feel the need to put the top down. The entire look is insanely beautiful when you choose the right rims and low profile tires

Suggested Improvements

Improvements to this vehicle would be less plastic parts on the interior. I prefer to not hear any door noise as I pull it shut. I would appreciate a bit more leg room for my passengers also. There is no reason for a back seat if your passengers end up with very little leg room.

CLK 500
By Voila

2003 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class CLK500 2dr Coupe (5.0L 8cyl 5A)

This car has been excellent from day one. The 500 has excellent horse power and the fuel economy is good for me, The design is excellent! You can tell they really thought this model through. Very comfortable. The car handles well and especially with the sport package. My car has the black with cream interior. Other colors I would consider is the silver, and the navy. Stay away from red and white colors for this car.

Favorite Features

Navigation, the famous cup-holder, the back seats have roll down windows and 2 cup holders, the back seats hold 2 adults. The back window shade is great for traveling down here in the south. The heated seats are excellent. I like the instrument cluster's coloring.

Suggested Improvements

The keyless should be push start. The keyless it has now is not strong, you have to be really close to the car for it to work. I think that's it. The navigation maps (updated) should display like google maps, imo.

A true sport/luxury convertible
By matt

2003 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class CLK430 2dr Cabriolet (4.3L 8cyl 5A)

Love my certified C430 cabriolet! It is a beautiful black opal, black clot top and ash interior. The Bose sound system is 2nd to none and build quality is excellent. I do believe this is an instant collectible and will only increase in value over the years. The big 4.3 litre V-8 gets over 25mpg on road trips and the comfort is superior to any other convertible out there. When the top is up you would think you where in a hardtop coupe. Probably the most beautiful car I have ever owned. If you are looking for a high quality dependable used convertible, I would strongly suggest one of these!

Favorite Features

High quality materials used, ride, classic looks.

AMG, name says it all
By Steve

2003 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class CLK55 AMG 2dr Coupe (5.5L 8cyl 5A)

I got it used in Queens. couldn't resist it's styling in and out and when i took it out for a test drive, it was amazing. Superb handling and performance at the same time. I cannot be more satisfied with this car other than for its gas mileage. I just did a drag on it and got an impressive 5.02 sec 0-60mph! always room for improvements. Thinking about few Kleemann parts here and there. Overall, lovin' it everyday since the first day.

Favorite Features

F1 style tiptronic is hot. I also like the seating position very much.

Suggested Improvements

Better AC quality and i just wish they had had supercharged CLK55 AMG's in 2003