2002 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific CLK-Class model:
Beautiful Car
By Andrea2001 on 05/14/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class CLK320 2dr Coupe (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

The car is everything I expected and more. Its luxurious, classy and sporty. Unfortunately, I've encountered electrical problems (a defective wire) where the computer had a complete system failure. Mercedes did a great job getting the car towed and fixed. It hasn't happened again but the windows seem to have a mind or its own. They tend to close and reopen back to its original position. Still haven't figured out why this happens yet.

Great car, fun to drive
By fxpost on 05/14/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class CLK430 2dr Coupe (4.3L 8cyl 5A)

Powerful car, a lot of horsepower. Fun to drive. Be careful during lane change, hard to see cars (blind spot) next to you. Have tried to speed to 105mph, very steady in high speed.

CLK 320
By gotmymojojrkn on 05/14/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class CLK320 2dr Coupe (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

This car has taught me what a car should be like. I find ingenious features every time I drive this vehicle. You don't even need the 430 version because this CLK 320 car is a sports car in itself. Worth every penny!

My CLK 55
By papabear on 05/14/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class CLK55 AMG 2dr Coupe (5.4L 8cyl 5A)

The car is an absolute joy to drive. I have had some negative experiences with the electronics i.e. the passenger window express up/down feature malfunctions quite frequently. I have experienced a complete shutdown of the car while sitting at a stop sign. My biggest gripe is that the computer "forgets" that there is a CD changer mounted in the trunk and I have to pull over and restart the car in order for the computer to "remember".

Best Regtop ever
By kurant on 05/09/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class CLK320 2dr Cabriolet (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

Great Car overall. This is the best ragtop of the price anywhere. I laugh as I drive this car past all the 3 series BMWs out there.

Clk review
By Harry Resis on 04/26/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class CLK320 2dr Cabriolet (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

Greay car. Dream car.

CLK 55 AMG CAB
By Mark/mdunahay on 03/08/02 14:37 PM (PST)

2002 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class CLK55 AMG 2dr Cabriolet (5.4L 8cyl 5A)

The car is clearly the best car I have driven. But... Mercedes has one problem with this vehicle... electronics! Intermittently(once every 3 weeks), the left channel of the stereo system goes out for some reason. Once you turn the car off and reset the computer, everything is fine. It also has stranded me once because of a full electronical system failure! If you could overlook that system failure & the annoying electronic glitch... it is an awsome car with stunning looks & power.

Your Money's worth
By 1.8T_in _ATL on 02/23/02 20:18 PM (PST)

2002 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class CLK430 2dr Coupe (4.3L 8cyl 5A)

After a couple of years with the car. I am extremelly satisfied with it. Power delivery is fantastic. I used as my daily driver the first year and it now is my second (weekend) car.