2002 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific CLK-Class model:
League of its own
By BJrun88 on 10/12/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class CLK430 2dr Coupe (4.3L 8cyl 5A)

My first MB, and dealer told me this was a "Gentleman's Racer", which I originally though was kinda corny -- but now I know this is definitly the best way to describe the CLK430. After buying a new car every other year for the past 22 years...this is the first time I plan on keeping one -- there's nothing else on the road better under 100 grand -- that says it's all. This is one great ride.

My Magma Red CLK
By clkoakbrook on 09/23/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class CLK430 2dr Coupe (4.3L 8cyl 5A)

Overall the car is very good but very overpriced. I had an Acura CL-S before this car and have to say that the Acura is as good as the CLK and about $18,000 less expensive. Acura's V6 engine is only 10 hp shy of Mercedes' V8. The CLK is a real head- turner and I get lots of compliments and looks from others.

clk430 convertible
By hellodi on 06/14/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class CLK430 2dr Cabriolet (4.3L 8cyl 5A)

Great car...outstanding performance. Downside- blind spot, gas mileage, and small trunk.

Top of the class
By taproot_crn on 06/05/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class CLK55 AMG 2dr Cabriolet (5.4L 8cyl 5A)

This is one of the classiest muscle cars you can own. The acceleration comes at any speed and blows away others on the road.

What happened?
By hslmd on 04/27/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class CLK430 2dr Cabriolet (4.3L 8cyl 5A)

Just ask me for the list. Back to the dealer 12 of the first 18 months I had the car. Good thing it was a lease!!!

Don't Splash
By DebbieT on 04/07/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class CLK430 2dr Coupe (4.3L 8cyl 5A)

Nice car,looks good,performance nice...Need to do something with air intake on car,due to water intake ...Good luck in puddles

CLK430-The Premium Coupe to Own
By SoCalCLK on 04/03/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class CLK430 2dr Coupe (4.3L 8cyl 5A)

Let me go on record by saying that I have owned a 95 BMW M3 and 01 330ci & these editors dont know what they're talking about. After having owned 2 BMWs, I saw BMW was closer to an Acura than a Mercedes. When I left BMW behind and bought a CLK 430 I saw has the power, features, looks, handling, and quality that as a WHOLE make it cut above ANY coupe from BMW. These editors do not understand this as they have never personally owned these cars. When I test drove and priced out that Honda Civic Look alike- the 330ci, I was shocked to see that they were charging $42K for a $34K car. Audi makes a better product called the S4 at these prices.

A fun car to drive
By Prolongo on 03/05/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class CLK320 2dr Coupe (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

I don't think it is particularly "flashy" from the outside but it just takes a quick drive to find out just how much fun this car is. Although it takes premium gas, my overall after 6500 miles per the car's computer is 24.5 miles per gallon. On a recent trip I averaged 30 mpg! A added bonus I didn't expect. The only down side of this car is the seats are un- comfortable and the adjustments are few unless you have some special added package that I don't have. Get rid of the heated seats and put in adjustments to make it more comfortable. That is my opinion.

The W208 CLK will prove to be a classic
By mmgrad on 02/04/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class CLK430 2dr Coupe (4.3L 8cyl 5A)

My '02 CLK just had its 1yr anniversary, and I must say I LOVE THE CAR. This is my first MB and probably won't be my last. Lots of power & comfort, very aggressive yet forgiving. Gas mileage is about the same as my V6 Accord. Safety & luxury features are in abundance. Everything is very ergonomically designed, and the infrared keys are the best. The pop-up trunk makes loading easy, and remote open/close windows and sunroof are nice. Engine noise is practically unheard of from the inside cabin (opposite of BMW). Acceleration & braking is very smooth (opposite of BMW).

All good things come to those who wait
By SFBayBenz on 01/29/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class CLK320 2dr Cabriolet (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

I've wanted a Benz convertable for the longest time and in 2001 my dream came true. I had to wait nearly a year before it arrived at my dealer, but it was so worth it. This car drives great. I took it down the Coast Highway last summer and had a blast. The car is a real eye catcher too. I get compliments on it every time I take it out. It's also very quiet with the top up, even though that's not often for me. The seats are very comfortable too, its been to LA and back a few times. In a few years I'll seriously look into an SL-Class.