Used 2002 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class Coupe Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2002 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class Coupe - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific CLK-Class model:

2002 CLK 320 Long Term Review
By CBP

2002 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class Coupe CLK320 2dr Coupe (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

I have owned my CLK 320 coupe for 3 years. The car is now at 39,000 miles. The car started out well when first purchased but is now falling apart. The engine valve rocker arms have been replaced 4 times and are still loud when the car is cold. The front seat track has been replaced as well as both rear seat latches as well as the outside temperature sensor and all of the instrument guages. The tires wore out at 14,000 miles and the ignition wires had to be replaced at 33,000 miles. The undercarriage is now making a loud rattling sound like marbles in a bucket.

Gas mileage averages 24 mpg combined city/highway. Highway mileage is as high as 33 mpg if driven in 45-55 mph range for prolonged periods.

No one can afford to own this car after the warranty expires due to the numerous mechanical failures. From what I have read the new Mercedes cars are not any better. Forget about Mercedes unreliability - buy a Lexus.

I LOVE my New Used Car!!!
By Shaqsgirl

2002 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class Coupe CLK320 2dr Coupe (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

I purchased this vehicle used after totaling my 1998 C class. I love it! I picked this year specifically because of the body style. I prefer this style to the newer models which are much smaller. So far I've had no problems thanks to the former owner, who took such good care of it! I love the color (BLACK OPAL). It is a real head turner.

Rear Shade, Color, Rain Sensor, Sleek design, Larger body style than post- 2002 models.

I was used to the cd changer in the trunk from my previous MB, but it would be MUCH more convenient if it were located in the glove box or in dash. The headlights seem to have a short life-span for I have had to replace bulbs twice since purchase. Softer leather on the seats would be nice too!

My CLK
By Frnak

2002 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class Coupe CLK430 2dr Coupe (4.3L 8cyl 5A)

This is one of the most fun to drive cars I have ever owned. I have owned a TransAm, RX-7, Mustangs, BMWs, and Corvettes and I must say this car is way up on top on the fun factor. Enough power, outstanding handling, absolutely unmatching looks, and a real head turner. I love the car.

Fun to drive

I only wish it was supercharged, but this is next for me. When done with exhaust, SC, and ECU reporograming it will be in the 400HP range and then it will be perfect.

Hoped for More
By jmcculler

2002 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class Coupe CLK320 2dr Coupe (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

It's fun to drive but disappointed with the problems I am having. I hit 50,000 miles a few months ago and have had one problem after another; the engine fan completely went, the catalyst converter is coming apart, and the lights (parklights, headlights, tail lights, etc.) must be replaced every other month.

My best car yet
By Andy Lejnieks

2002 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class Coupe CLK320 2dr Coupe (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

Excellent value for a lease. Excellent performer, even for a 6 cylinder, on the highway. Tight and precise on local roads. The car is flawless. I only wish I got the convertible.

flip down rear seats. rear window shade. seat heaters. stearing wheel controls are great.

needs a compass. needs a seperate 12v power port.