2002 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class Coupe - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific CLK-Class model:
2nd Owner
By markgt350 on 09/05/11 13:11 PM (PDT)

2002 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class Coupe CLK320 2dr Coupe (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

I have always purchased low mile cars. When I purchased my CLK in September of 2009 from a So Cal MB it had 40K miles. In less than 2 years I added another 46K miles. I have had no issues with the car until. Unfortuneately the car was recently involved in an accident that left it totaled. I have had little luck locating a replacement w/low miles. I will continue my hunt.

I Love My Benz!
By BenzDriver1122 on 06/12/06 12:07 PM (PDT)

2002 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class Coupe CLK320 2dr Coupe (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

I purchased my CLK320 after looking at the 300 series BMWs, the "baby Lincoln", and a '99 CLK. I have never regretted my decision to go ahead and buy (at a non-discounted price!). I drive R/T either DC-Bowling Green (KY), Bowling Green-Louisville, Bowling Green-Chicago, or Bowling Green-Jacksonville (FL) at least once a month and enjoy every mile. If I could change one thing with my CLK, it would be to incorporate a CD/tape player with the CD holder in the trunk. I have found 2 minor annoyances: one with the light electrical system...I've had four blown bulbs in 4 years. The other is the rear window screen. Over time it does not retract properly. A happy CLK driver.

2002 CLK 320 Long Term Review
By CBP on 09/29/05 17:40 PM (PDT)

2002 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class Coupe CLK320 2dr Coupe (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

I have owned my CLK 320 coupe for 3 years. The car is now at 39,000 miles. The car started out well when first purchased but is now falling apart. The engine valve rocker arms have been replaced 4 times and are still loud when the car is cold. The front seat track has been replaced as well as both rear seat latches as well as the outside temperature sensor and all of the instrument guages. The tires wore out at 14,000 miles and the ignition wires had to be replaced at 33,000 miles. The undercarriage is now making a loud rattling sound like marbles in a bucket.

I LOVE my New Used Car!!!
By Shaqsgirl on 09/28/05 16:31 PM (PDT)

2002 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class Coupe CLK320 2dr Coupe (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

I purchased this vehicle used after totaling my 1998 C class. I love it! I picked this year specifically because of the body style. I prefer this style to the newer models which are much smaller. So far I've had no problems thanks to the former owner, who took such good care of it! I love the color (BLACK OPAL). It is a real head turner.

Hoped for More
By jmcculler on 05/20/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class Coupe CLK320 2dr Coupe (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

It's fun to drive but disappointed with the problems I am having. I hit 50,000 miles a few months ago and have had one problem after another; the engine fan completely went, the catalyst converter is coming apart, and the lights (parklights, headlights, tail lights, etc.) must be replaced every other month.

My best car yet
By Andy Lejnieks on 04/11/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class Coupe CLK320 2dr Coupe (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

Excellent value for a lease. Excellent performer, even for a 6 cylinder, on the highway. Tight and precise on local roads. The car is flawless. I only wish I got the convertible.

A fun car to drive
By Prolongo on 03/05/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class Coupe CLK320 2dr Coupe (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

I don't think it is particularly "flashy" from the outside but it just takes a quick drive to find out just how much fun this car is. Although it takes premium gas, my overall after 6500 miles per the car's computer is 24.5 miles per gallon. On a recent trip I averaged 30 mpg! A added bonus I didn't expect. The only down side of this car is the seats are un- comfortable and the adjustments are few unless you have some special added package that I don't have. Get rid of the heated seats and put in adjustments to make it more comfortable. That is my opinion.

Great Car
By TxDoc on 01/18/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class Coupe CLK320 2dr Coupe (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

Had this car for about two weeks. The 3.2 engine is plenty powerful! It also rides smoother and quieter than the 4.3

Mercedes CLK True owner's Review
By Jack Arutyunyan on 08/13/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class Coupe CLK320 2dr Coupe (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

Everything is great about this car, except there is no CD changer in it as a standard option. I think it is very cheap of Mercedes to do such a thing when Toyota Corolla's already come with CD players. Even worse, it can only be a Mercedes Benz CD Changer since there are Fiber optic wires included. Retail will run anywhere from $700-$1200.

2002 - 320 CLK
By CBP on 08/06/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class Coupe CLK320 2dr Coupe (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

This is the one of the best buys Mercedes offers. The car is extremely well built and drives smoothly. My gas mileage in combined city/highway traffic is 25 mpg. The car is nimble and quick and looks great. Resale value after 5 years will be almost $26,000.