Used 2002 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class Coupe Consumer Reviews - 28 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2002 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class Coupe - Consumer Reviews

2002 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class Coupe

View reviews for a specific CLK-Class model:

2nd Owner
By markgt350

2002 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class Coupe CLK320 2dr Coupe (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

I have always purchased low mile cars. When I purchased my CLK in September of 2009 from a So Cal MB it had 40K miles. In less than 2 years I added another 46K miles. I have had no issues with the car until. Unfortuneately the car was recently involved in an accident that left it totaled. I have had little luck locating a replacement w/low miles. I will continue my hunt.

The 1st thing I did when I got the was bring it to the shop that has been servicing my MB for the past 15+ years. He changed the transmission fluid as a prevention. They have taken very good care of these cars. I have had 2 MB that went over 300K with basic maintainence; 1 radiator in each. no motor or trans work, never changed the original exhaust or mufflers. Oil/filter every 3K. I currently have a 92 300CE with just over 100K, its our "Sunday car." It sat for 8 mos in our garage before I needed to use it. Needless to say it started right up. I would not own any other car.

Speedy and Classy
By Corey Foreside

2002 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class Coupe CLK430 2dr Coupe (4.3L 8cyl 5A)

My dad got this car earlier this year and I think it's quite ugly. But, the performance is superb. It is also very well made and fun to drive, as well as comfortable.

Heated seats, rear retractable sunscreen, trunk accessable through rear seats, headlamp washers

Better exterior look, more stylish interior

Reviews are all over the map!
By E Versace

2002 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class Coupe CLK430 2dr Coupe (4.3L 8cyl 5A)

I purchased this car used in 2006. It had about 41000 miles on it.It was a great car and the first owner really took care of it. I didn't purchase the extended warranty. The first year I drove it was great. Doesn't matter if you're young or old, people will turn their heads to see who is driving this car. I picked this car for the sleek yet muscular body style that the newer models do not have. My best friend went online after I got this car and purchased a certified MB CLK 430 as well, but he failed to realize that the heated seats and halogen headlights weren't standard. The power of the 430 is amazing and often found myself flooring the gas pedal to feel the G force push lay me back.

Bose Audio system, rain sensor wipers, heated seats, sun shield, design of body, spacious trunk, the sound of the engine ( almost like glass packs are installed)

The cup holders are not designed well, the seats could be more luxurious, if you sent in traffic it burns alot of gas, leg room for backseat,cd changer in trunk skips alot if on bumpy road,

I Love My Benz!
By BenzDriver1122

2002 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class Coupe CLK320 2dr Coupe (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

I purchased my CLK320 after looking at the 300 series BMWs, the "baby Lincoln", and a '99 CLK. I have never regretted my decision to go ahead and buy (at a non-discounted price!). I drive R/T either DC-Bowling Green (KY), Bowling Green-Louisville, Bowling Green-Chicago, or Bowling Green-Jacksonville (FL) at least once a month and enjoy every mile. If I could change one thing with my CLK, it would be to incorporate a CD/tape player with the CD holder in the trunk. I have found 2 minor annoyances: one with the light electrical system...I've had four blown bulbs in 4 years. The other is the rear window screen. Over time it does not retract properly. A happy CLK driver.

Body style and handling. Mileage for the CLK320 is respectable.

Improve the electrical system. There is no reason my car should blow lights as frequently as it does. The rear window screen material should be of a quality that it maintains its retractability over time.

02 CLK 430
By Frankiev

2002 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class Coupe CLK430 2dr Coupe (4.3L 8cyl 5A)

I am very impressed with this car. It is very quick (espcially at higher speeds/top end), tons of fun, and the maintenance thus far has been minimal. This car is a real head turner. Since I owned I had the following problems: Fog light out, Temp guage loose (warranty), rear window shade replaced (warranty), Moon Roof cover slider defective.

Heated Seats, handling, pick up smoothness and speed, Traction Control (ESP)in the winter. Handled great in snow.

Luxury interior could have been a bit more detailed.