2002 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class Coupe - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific CLK-Class model:
2nd Owner
By markgt350 on 09/05/11 13:11 PM (PDT)

2002 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class Coupe CLK320 2dr Coupe (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

I have always purchased low mile cars. When I purchased my CLK in September of 2009 from a So Cal MB it had 40K miles. In less than 2 years I added another 46K miles. I have had no issues with the car until. Unfortuneately the car was recently involved in an accident that left it totaled. I have had little luck locating a replacement w/low miles. I will continue my hunt.

Speedy and Classy
By Corey Foreside on 09/18/09 23:35 PM (PDT)

2002 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class Coupe CLK430 2dr Coupe (4.3L 8cyl 5A)

My dad got this car earlier this year and I think it's quite ugly. But, the performance is superb. It is also very well made and fun to drive, as well as comfortable.

Reviews are all over the map!
By E Versace on 12/18/07 22:20 PM (PST)

2002 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class Coupe CLK430 2dr Coupe (4.3L 8cyl 5A)

I purchased this car used in 2006. It had about 41000 miles on it.It was a great car and the first owner really took care of it. I didn't purchase the extended warranty. The first year I drove it was great. Doesn't matter if you're young or old, people will turn their heads to see who is driving this car. I picked this car for the sleek yet muscular body style that the newer models do not have. My best friend went online after I got this car and purchased a certified MB CLK 430 as well, but he failed to realize that the heated seats and halogen headlights weren't standard. The power of the 430 is amazing and often found myself flooring the gas pedal to feel the G force push lay me back.

I Love My Benz!
By BenzDriver1122 on 06/12/06 12:07 PM (PDT)

2002 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class Coupe CLK320 2dr Coupe (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

I purchased my CLK320 after looking at the 300 series BMWs, the "baby Lincoln", and a '99 CLK. I have never regretted my decision to go ahead and buy (at a non-discounted price!). I drive R/T either DC-Bowling Green (KY), Bowling Green-Louisville, Bowling Green-Chicago, or Bowling Green-Jacksonville (FL) at least once a month and enjoy every mile. If I could change one thing with my CLK, it would be to incorporate a CD/tape player with the CD holder in the trunk. I have found 2 minor annoyances: one with the light electrical system...I've had four blown bulbs in 4 years. The other is the rear window screen. Over time it does not retract properly. A happy CLK driver.

02 CLK 430
By Frankiev on 12/16/05 10:24 AM (PST)

2002 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class Coupe CLK430 2dr Coupe (4.3L 8cyl 5A)

I am very impressed with this car. It is very quick (espcially at higher speeds/top end), tons of fun, and the maintenance thus far has been minimal. This car is a real head turner. Since I owned I had the following problems: Fog light out, Temp guage loose (warranty), rear window shade replaced (warranty), Moon Roof cover slider defective.

2002 CLK 320 Long Term Review
By CBP on 09/29/05 17:40 PM (PDT)

2002 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class Coupe CLK320 2dr Coupe (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

I have owned my CLK 320 coupe for 3 years. The car is now at 39,000 miles. The car started out well when first purchased but is now falling apart. The engine valve rocker arms have been replaced 4 times and are still loud when the car is cold. The front seat track has been replaced as well as both rear seat latches as well as the outside temperature sensor and all of the instrument guages. The tires wore out at 14,000 miles and the ignition wires had to be replaced at 33,000 miles. The undercarriage is now making a loud rattling sound like marbles in a bucket.

I LOVE my New Used Car!!!
By Shaqsgirl on 09/28/05 16:31 PM (PDT)

2002 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class Coupe CLK320 2dr Coupe (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

I purchased this vehicle used after totaling my 1998 C class. I love it! I picked this year specifically because of the body style. I prefer this style to the newer models which are much smaller. So far I've had no problems thanks to the former owner, who took such good care of it! I love the color (BLACK OPAL). It is a real head turner.

My CLK
By Frnak on 06/02/05 20:51 PM (PDT)

2002 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class Coupe CLK430 2dr Coupe (4.3L 8cyl 5A)

This is one of the most fun to drive cars I have ever owned. I have owned a TransAm, RX-7, Mustangs, BMWs, and Corvettes and I must say this car is way up on top on the fun factor. Enough power, outstanding handling, absolutely unmatching looks, and a real head turner. I love the car.

Hoped for More
By jmcculler on 05/20/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class Coupe CLK320 2dr Coupe (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

It's fun to drive but disappointed with the problems I am having. I hit 50,000 miles a few months ago and have had one problem after another; the engine fan completely went, the catalyst converter is coming apart, and the lights (parklights, headlights, tail lights, etc.) must be replaced every other month.

My best car yet
By Andy Lejnieks on 04/11/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class Coupe CLK320 2dr Coupe (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

Excellent value for a lease. Excellent performer, even for a 6 cylinder, on the highway. Tight and precise on local roads. The car is flawless. I only wish I got the convertible.