Used 2002 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class CLK320 Convertible Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2002 Mercedes-benz Clk-class - Consumer Reviews

2002 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class Convertible

View reviews for a specific CLK-Class model:

Still gets looks
By catscann2004

2002 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class Convertible CLK320 2dr Cabriolet (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

This is the first Mercedes I've purchased. I will not settle for less (I since purchased an M-Class then an R-Class for my wife). The handling is great and the top is easy to work (the next year Mercedes make the top fully automatic). I would recommend the CLK to any person that enjoys the being out and about. The trips to Las Vegas make this ride a must! Just wish that bluetooth was readily available in 2002.

Favorite Features

The styling and comfort the response when called upon.

Suggested Improvements

Improvements to the top and bluetooth have been made since 2002.

Mid-life refresher
By smithy11clk320

2002 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class Convertible CLK320 2dr Cabriolet (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

The CLK320 Cabriolet is truly a fun car to drive and a head turner even in a crowd of Benz's, BMW's, Caddies, et al. There are a few weaknesses though in the clunky suspension and lack of steering feedback. As I tell my son, it's a luxury car not a sports car speedster. For class, style, and practicality I don't think there's anything on the market even close, although reviews that say it seats 4 adults "comfortably" must be based on the opinion of some small folks. You can get 4 in, but nobody is very comfortable. Engine is strong, even if not real quick off the line and the highway ride is dangerously smooth - 100mph creeps up on you easily. If you're looking at this car - BUY IT - you won't be sorry!

Favorite Features

BODY STYLING, on board computer/information system, decent in- cabin storage spaces, rock solid feel on the road

Suggested Improvements

Better front wind deflection (extendable visors), CD player in dash, seat warmers and back seat windscreen as standard equipment. Window switches in doors -not console. Full control of audio in steering wheel (have to switch from radio/CD/tape and CD to play on the head unit) ONE TOUCH TOP Up/Down

All good things come to those who wait
By SFBayBenz

2002 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class Convertible CLK320 2dr Cabriolet (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

I've wanted a Benz convertable for the longest time and in 2001 my dream came true. I had to wait nearly a year before it arrived at my dealer, but it was so worth it. This car drives great. I took it down the Coast Highway last summer and had a blast. The car is a real eye catcher too. I get compliments on it every time I take it out. It's also very quiet with the top up, even though that's not often for me. The seats are very comfortable too, its been to LA and back a few times. In a few years I'll seriously look into an SL-Class.

Favorite Features

Easy to operate drop top. Keyless entry system. DVD Navigation system. Heated seats.

Suggested Improvements

Redesign and relocate the cup holder. The Nav. system could be more user friendly. The computer's voice is very hard to hear. And make the radio less complicated. It sounds great but takes your eyes off the road too long just to select a new CD. Dash mounted CD changer, please!

Best Cabriolet on the Planet!
By A.K.

2002 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class Convertible CLK320 2dr Cabriolet (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

I love this car. I only paid about 2000 in options, because almost everything is standard! It actually fitted a 6' guy in the back! It's safety rating is great, too! It never fails on me and it's just the kind of cabriolet I like!

Favorite Features

GPS, Auto seat adjusters, auto retractable top, back seats actually able to seat 2 adults.

Suggested Improvements

Try for the hard-top.

work of art
By speedo

2002 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class Convertible CLK320 2dr Cabriolet (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

beautuful design from any angle. very confortible and solid. handles well with precise response. excellent brakes and smooth transmission.

Favorite Features

it's a work of art. a timeless design that blends class, sportiness and detail in a beautiful sculpture.

Suggested Improvements

if it's not broken don't fix it