2002 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class CLK55 AMG - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific CLK-Class model:
AMG Rocket!
By John Campen on 11/06/06 20:38 PM (PST)

2002 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class CLK55 AMG CLK55 AMG 2dr Coupe (5.4L 8cyl 5A)

Purchased this 2002 CLK55 AMG in April 2006 with 30,000 miles only on it! Paid $42,500. Can't beat the power nor the handling its incredible! Why go out and buy an new M3 or CLS when you cant get one of these for a fraction of the price. 0-60 in 4.7! The looks are stunning and it catch's everyone's attention when you step on it!

Fine Coupe
By Fast Machine on 12/02/05 16:45 PM (PST)

2002 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class CLK55 AMG CLK55 AMG 2dr Coupe (5.4L 8cyl 5A)

I purchased this in October of 2005 with 25,000 miles on the odo. for $43,500. It is truely a dream to drive and good on gas too! You cant beat the handling and the 0-60 in 4.5- 5.0 is NICE. Mercedes has built a rocket that can unleash at anytime. The ride is a bit stiff but it sittin on 17 inch/40/45's.

CLK55
By mbenza on 10/15/05 07:37 AM (PDT)

2002 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class CLK55 AMG CLK55 AMG 2dr Cabriolet (5.4L 8cyl 5A)

Initial electrical problems with the interior operating components. The local dealer was more then helpful, always providing a loaner even though I did not buy it from them. After several visits, the dealer seems to have exorcised the electrical gremlins and the car is an absolute joy to drive. I can average 23 MPG if I drive at regular speeds. However, it is difficult to do that as this car constantly asks for more spirited driving and rewards you with a well balanced and stunning performance and , even with my driving style, still returns an average of 18MPG! I LOVE THIS CAR! I have a 2003 Corvette Z06 and did not drive it all summer because I would always turn to the Mercedes for driving.

Best combo of comfort and speed!
By augie on 08/09/05 20:22 PM (PDT)

2002 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class CLK55 AMG CLK55 AMG 2dr Coupe (5.4L 8cyl 5A)

This car has been great. We picked it up in July, and have had it for a month now! Bought it with just over 20k miles, for under $40 grand! Amazing of fthe line, the best handling I've ever experienced, and great build quality! You can't beat it for the price nor the speed!

It's all about the hoursepower
By Walter on 07/28/05 02:15 AM (PDT)

2002 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class CLK55 AMG CLK55 AMG 2dr Cabriolet (5.4L 8cyl 5A)

This is the most fun car I've ever driven. When I went to trade in my 911 Porsche for a more practical car, I thought I would have to say good-bye to speed. This car effortlessly leaves everyone else in my dust. My office is next to an exotic car dealership. I love the looks of people who just plunked down over $100K, and didn't get nearly the car I did. This car never breaks a sweat as you go from a stop to highway speeds in a blink of an eye.

Outstanding
By TheLino on 07/16/05 14:55 PM (PDT)

2002 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class CLK55 AMG CLK55 AMG 2dr Cabriolet (5.4L 8cyl 5A)

I purchased the 2002 CLK55 cabriolet with 28,000 miles on it in May 2005. The center console had to be replaced due to some LCD pixels burning out. The convertible top cables were also replaced at the same time. All work was under warranty. With the exception of these issues, this vehicle drives (and shows itself off) like a dream. Compliments abound when I'm on the road, stopped at a stoplight, going through a drive-thru window, etc.

better late than never
By r.r on 08/16/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class CLK55 AMG CLK55 AMG 2dr Cabriolet (5.4L 8cyl 5A)

just bought my first amg and it won't be my last.owned(own)2001 clk 430 cvt and thought it was the best car ever.Test drove 2002 clk 55 amg cvt and immediatly started looking for just the right one.Just drove"THE ONE"800 miles home and am in love.'04 was not in my comfort zone price wise and did not even test drive.i don't care how dated this car looks.I have read the only way to tell the differance between the 430 and the 55 was on the track,well don't believe everthing you read.r.r

Exceptional Vehicle
By Eddie C on 01/20/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class CLK55 AMG CLK55 AMG 2dr Cabriolet (5.4L 8cyl 5A)

This is perhaps one of the best vehicles I have ever driven. My only complaint is the electronics. My passenger seat got stuck and the convertible top also got stuck. I had to reset the computer at the dealership to handle this problem. Other than that this car is exceptionally awesome! Super fast and really classy.

Perfect Car
By trd277 on 12/11/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class CLK55 AMG CLK55 AMG 2dr Coupe (5.4L 8cyl 5A)

Best of all worlds! Incredibly fast, amazingly comfortable and beautiful too. Best car I have ever owned. Cruise comfortably or light up the tires and slide around the corner. You will not regret this purchase.

Top of the class
By taproot_crn on 06/05/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class CLK55 AMG CLK55 AMG 2dr Cabriolet (5.4L 8cyl 5A)

This is one of the classiest muscle cars you can own. The acceleration comes at any speed and blows away others on the road.