Used 2002 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class CLK55 AMG Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2002 Mercedes-benz Clk-class - Consumer Reviews

2002 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class CLK55 AMG

View reviews for a specific CLK-Class model:

AMG Rocket!
By John Campen

2002 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class CLK55 AMG CLK55 AMG 2dr Coupe (5.4L 8cyl 5A)

Purchased this 2002 CLK55 AMG in April 2006 with 30,000 miles only on it! Paid $42,500. Can't beat the power nor the handling its incredible! Why go out and buy an new M3 or CLS when you cant get one of these for a fraction of the price. 0-60 in 4.7! The looks are stunning and it catch's everyone's attention when you step on it!

Favorite Features

Handling. V8 engine almost like 12 cyl.

Suggested Improvements

Grab snow tires for the winter!

Fine Coupe
By Fast Machine

2002 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class CLK55 AMG CLK55 AMG 2dr Coupe (5.4L 8cyl 5A)

I purchased this in October of 2005 with 25,000 miles on the odo. for $43,500. It is truely a dream to drive and good on gas too! You cant beat the handling and the 0-60 in 4.5- 5.0 is NICE. Mercedes has built a rocket that can unleash at anytime. The ride is a bit stiff but it sittin on 17 inch/40/45's.

Favorite Features

Bose sound, Quickness, ride, gas, and best of yet style.

Suggested Improvements

None

CLK55
By mbenza

2002 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class CLK55 AMG CLK55 AMG 2dr Cabriolet (5.4L 8cyl 5A)

Initial electrical problems with the interior operating components. The local dealer was more then helpful, always providing a loaner even though I did not buy it from them. After several visits, the dealer seems to have exorcised the electrical gremlins and the car is an absolute joy to drive. I can average 23 MPG if I drive at regular speeds. However, it is difficult to do that as this car constantly asks for more spirited driving and rewards you with a well balanced and stunning performance and , even with my driving style, still returns an average of 18MPG! I LOVE THIS CAR! I have a 2003 Corvette Z06 and did not drive it all summer because I would always turn to the Mercedes for driving.

Favorite Features

Convertible top is easy, motor and trans are totally in sync with each other, excellent handling and big reassuring brakes not to mention the AMG exclusivity that even gets attention in jaded NY

Suggested Improvements

All wheel drive would make this car perfect for all year around

Best combo of comfort and speed!
By augie

2002 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class CLK55 AMG CLK55 AMG 2dr Coupe (5.4L 8cyl 5A)

This car has been great. We picked it up in July, and have had it for a month now! Bought it with just over 20k miles, for under $40 grand! Amazing of fthe line, the best handling I've ever experienced, and great build quality! You can't beat it for the price nor the speed!

Favorite Features

0-60 under 5 secs. Seats, 7 way lumbar, and handling! WOW!

Suggested Improvements

Fuel economy, but what can i say when it's a 5.5 liter V-8!

It's all about the hoursepower
By Walter

2002 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class CLK55 AMG CLK55 AMG 2dr Cabriolet (5.4L 8cyl 5A)

This is the most fun car I've ever driven. When I went to trade in my 911 Porsche for a more practical car, I thought I would have to say good-bye to speed. This car effortlessly leaves everyone else in my dust. My office is next to an exotic car dealership. I love the looks of people who just plunked down over $100K, and didn't get nearly the car I did. This car never breaks a sweat as you go from a stop to highway speeds in a blink of an eye.

Favorite Features

Acceleration, handling, brakes, the semi-automatic transmission, and the ragtop.

Suggested Improvements

There are a few reliability issues to address, the gas mileage is worse than a SUV, there is a large blind spot for the driver, and the car could use a better sound system.