Used 2002 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class CLK55 AMG Consumer Reviews - 7 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2002 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific CLK-Class model:

CLK55
By mbenza

2002 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class CLK55 AMG 2dr Cabriolet (5.4L 8cyl 5A)

Initial electrical problems with the interior operating components. The local dealer was more then helpful, always providing a loaner even though I did not buy it from them. After several visits, the dealer seems to have exorcised the electrical gremlins and the car is an absolute joy to drive. I can average 23 MPG if I drive at regular speeds. However, it is difficult to do that as this car constantly asks for more spirited driving and rewards you with a well balanced and stunning performance and , even with my driving style, still returns an average of 18MPG! I LOVE THIS CAR! I have a 2003 Corvette Z06 and did not drive it all summer because I would always turn to the Mercedes for driving.

Convertible top is easy, motor and trans are totally in sync with each other, excellent handling and big reassuring brakes not to mention the AMG exclusivity that even gets attention in jaded NY

All wheel drive would make this car perfect for all year around

It's all about the hoursepower
By Walter

2002 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class CLK55 AMG 2dr Cabriolet (5.4L 8cyl 5A)

This is the most fun car I've ever driven. When I went to trade in my 911 Porsche for a more practical car, I thought I would have to say good-bye to speed. This car effortlessly leaves everyone else in my dust. My office is next to an exotic car dealership. I love the looks of people who just plunked down over $100K, and didn't get nearly the car I did. This car never breaks a sweat as you go from a stop to highway speeds in a blink of an eye.

Acceleration, handling, brakes, the semi-automatic transmission, and the ragtop.

There are a few reliability issues to address, the gas mileage is worse than a SUV, there is a large blind spot for the driver, and the car could use a better sound system.

Outstanding
By TheLino

2002 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class CLK55 AMG 2dr Cabriolet (5.4L 8cyl 5A)

I purchased the 2002 CLK55 cabriolet with 28,000 miles on it in May 2005. The center console had to be replaced due to some LCD pixels burning out. The convertible top cables were also replaced at the same time. All work was under warranty. With the exception of these issues, this vehicle drives (and shows itself off) like a dream. Compliments abound when I'm on the road, stopped at a stoplight, going through a drive-thru window, etc.

Style, performance and (of course) the ragtop.

None

better late than never
By r.r

2002 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class CLK55 AMG 2dr Cabriolet (5.4L 8cyl 5A)

just bought my first amg and it won't
be my last.owned(own)2001 clk 430 cvt
and thought it was the best car
ever.Test drove 2002 clk 55 amg cvt
and immediatly started looking for
just the right one.Just drove"THE
ONE"800 miles home and am in love.'04
was not in my comfort zone price wise
and did not even test drive.i don't
care how dated this car looks.I have
read the only way to tell the
differance between the 430 and the 55
was on the track,well don't believe
everthing you read.r.r

performance,solid feel,comfort even on long trips

cheap finishes and paint job,this car is more worthy!

Exceptional Vehicle
By Eddie C

2002 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class CLK55 AMG 2dr Cabriolet (5.4L 8cyl 5A)

This is perhaps one of the best
vehicles I have ever driven. My only
complaint is the electronics. My
passenger seat got stuck and the
convertible top also got stuck. I had
to reset the computer at the
dealership to handle this problem.
Other than that this car is
exceptionally awesome! Super fast and
really classy.

The speed of this vehicle is what impresses me the most. The looks of this car with top down is very cool too. The interior is well made and extremely comfortable.

I think the only improvement Mercedes must make is working on the electronics/ computer programs of the car. They should probably also work on the gas mileage.