Used 2002 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class CLK430 Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2002 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific CLK-Class model:

Speedy and Classy
By Corey Foreside

2002 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class CLK430 2dr Coupe (4.3L 8cyl 5A)

My dad got this car earlier this year and I think it's quite ugly. But, the performance is superb. It is also very well made and fun to drive, as well as comfortable.

Heated seats, rear retractable sunscreen, trunk accessable through rear seats, headlamp washers

Better exterior look, more stylish interior

Reviews are all over the map!
By E Versace

2002 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class CLK430 2dr Coupe (4.3L 8cyl 5A)

I purchased this car used in 2006. It had about 41000 miles on it.It was a great car and the first owner really took care of it. I didn't purchase the extended warranty. The first year I drove it was great. Doesn't matter if you're young or old, people will turn their heads to see who is driving this car. I picked this car for the sleek yet muscular body style that the newer models do not have. My best friend went online after I got this car and purchased a certified MB CLK 430 as well, but he failed to realize that the heated seats and halogen headlights weren't standard. The power of the 430 is amazing and often found myself flooring the gas pedal to feel the G force push lay me back.

Bose Audio system, rain sensor wipers, heated seats, sun shield, design of body, spacious trunk, the sound of the engine ( almost like glass packs are installed)

The cup holders are not designed well, the seats could be more luxurious, if you sent in traffic it burns alot of gas, leg room for backseat,cd changer in trunk skips alot if on bumpy road,

02 CLK 430
By Frankiev

2002 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class CLK430 2dr Coupe (4.3L 8cyl 5A)

I am very impressed with this car. It is very quick (espcially at higher speeds/top end), tons of fun, and the maintenance thus far has been minimal. This car is a real head turner. Since I owned I had the following problems: Fog light out, Temp guage loose (warranty), rear window shade replaced (warranty), Moon Roof cover slider defective.

Heated Seats, handling, pick up smoothness and speed, Traction Control (ESP)in the winter. Handled great in snow.

Luxury interior could have been a bit more detailed.

My CLK
By Frnak

2002 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class CLK430 2dr Coupe (4.3L 8cyl 5A)

This is one of the most fun to drive cars I have ever owned. I have owned a TransAm, RX-7, Mustangs, BMWs, and Corvettes and I must say this car is way up on top on the fun factor. Enough power, outstanding handling, absolutely unmatching looks, and a real head turner. I love the car.

Fun to drive

I only wish it was supercharged, but this is next for me. When done with exhaust, SC, and ECU reporograming it will be in the 400HP range and then it will be perfect.

02 430 CLK, , THE GOOD & THE BAD
By dave caccamise

2002 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class CLK430 2dr Coupe (4.3L 8cyl 5A)

Ordered the car and waited 6 months for delivery. Anticipation may have heightened my expectations. I was a little disappointed with the car but like it more the more I drive it. German quailty and engineering are good but too rigid for me. MBs are supponse to hold their resale value and I'm hoping that it true.

looks, lines and fun to drive, a real attention-getter. holds the road and corners well. well engineered

Improve the comfort of the front seats. Ordered the fancier seats and not very comfortable for long drives. Tires on the 430 do not hold up very well. Badly worn after 10000 miles of very EASY driving and no abuse.