2002 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific CLK-Class model:
Speedy and Classy
By Corey Foreside on 09/18/09 23:35 PM (PDT)

2002 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class CLK430 2dr Coupe (4.3L 8cyl 5A)

My dad got this car earlier this year and I think it's quite ugly. But, the performance is superb. It is also very well made and fun to drive, as well as comfortable.

Reviews are all over the map!
By E Versace on 12/18/07 22:20 PM (PST)

2002 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class CLK430 2dr Coupe (4.3L 8cyl 5A)

I purchased this car used in 2006. It had about 41000 miles on it.It was a great car and the first owner really took care of it. I didn't purchase the extended warranty. The first year I drove it was great. Doesn't matter if you're young or old, people will turn their heads to see who is driving this car. I picked this car for the sleek yet muscular body style that the newer models do not have. My best friend went online after I got this car and purchased a certified MB CLK 430 as well, but he failed to realize that the heated seats and halogen headlights weren't standard. The power of the 430 is amazing and often found myself flooring the gas pedal to feel the G force push lay me back.

02 CLK 430
By Frankiev on 12/16/05 10:24 AM (PST)

2002 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class CLK430 2dr Coupe (4.3L 8cyl 5A)

I am very impressed with this car. It is very quick (espcially at higher speeds/top end), tons of fun, and the maintenance thus far has been minimal. This car is a real head turner. Since I owned I had the following problems: Fog light out, Temp guage loose (warranty), rear window shade replaced (warranty), Moon Roof cover slider defective.

My CLK
By Frnak on 06/02/05 20:51 PM (PDT)

2002 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class CLK430 2dr Coupe (4.3L 8cyl 5A)

This is one of the most fun to drive cars I have ever owned. I have owned a TransAm, RX-7, Mustangs, BMWs, and Corvettes and I must say this car is way up on top on the fun factor. Enough power, outstanding handling, absolutely unmatching looks, and a real head turner. I love the car.

02 430 CLK, , THE GOOD & THE BAD
By dave caccamise on 02/28/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class CLK430 2dr Coupe (4.3L 8cyl 5A)

Ordered the car and waited 6 months for delivery. Anticipation may have heightened my expectations. I was a little disappointed with the car but like it more the more I drive it. German quailty and engineering are good but too rigid for me. MBs are supponse to hold their resale value and I'm hoping that it true.

League of its own
By BJrun88 on 10/12/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class CLK430 2dr Coupe (4.3L 8cyl 5A)

My first MB, and dealer told me this was a "Gentleman's Racer", which I originally though was kinda corny -- but now I know this is definitly the best way to describe the CLK430. After buying a new car every other year for the past 22 years...this is the first time I plan on keeping one -- there's nothing else on the road better under 100 grand -- that says it's all. This is one great ride.

My Magma Red CLK
By clkoakbrook on 09/23/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class CLK430 2dr Coupe (4.3L 8cyl 5A)

Overall the car is very good but very overpriced. I had an Acura CL-S before this car and have to say that the Acura is as good as the CLK and about $18,000 less expensive. Acura's V6 engine is only 10 hp shy of Mercedes' V8. The CLK is a real head- turner and I get lots of compliments and looks from others.

Don't Splash
By DebbieT on 04/07/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class CLK430 2dr Coupe (4.3L 8cyl 5A)

Nice car,looks good,performance nice...Need to do something with air intake on car,due to water intake ...Good luck in puddles

CLK430-The Premium Coupe to Own
By SoCalCLK on 04/03/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class CLK430 2dr Coupe (4.3L 8cyl 5A)

Let me go on record by saying that I have owned a 95 BMW M3 and 01 330ci & these editors dont know what they're talking about. After having owned 2 BMWs, I saw BMW was closer to an Acura than a Mercedes. When I left BMW behind and bought a CLK 430 I saw has the power, features, looks, handling, and quality that as a WHOLE make it cut above ANY coupe from BMW. These editors do not understand this as they have never personally owned these cars. When I test drove and priced out that Honda Civic Look alike- the 330ci, I was shocked to see that they were charging $42K for a $34K car. Audi makes a better product called the S4 at these prices.

The W208 CLK will prove to be a classic
By mmgrad on 02/04/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class CLK430 2dr Coupe (4.3L 8cyl 5A)

My '02 CLK just had its 1yr anniversary, and I must say I LOVE THE CAR. This is my first MB and probably won't be my last. Lots of power & comfort, very aggressive yet forgiving. Gas mileage is about the same as my V6 Accord. Safety & luxury features are in abundance. Everything is very ergonomically designed, and the infrared keys are the best. The pop-up trunk makes loading easy, and remote open/close windows and sunroof are nice. Engine noise is practically unheard of from the inside cabin (opposite of BMW). Acceleration & braking is very smooth (opposite of BMW).