Used 2002 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class CLK320 Consumer Reviews - 13 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2002 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific CLK-Class model:

2nd Owner
By markgt350

2002 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class CLK320 2dr Coupe (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

I have always purchased low mile cars. When I purchased my CLK in September of 2009 from a So Cal MB it had 40K miles. In less than 2 years I added another 46K miles. I have had no issues with the car until. Unfortuneately the car was recently involved in an accident that left it totaled. I have had little luck locating a replacement w/low miles. I will continue my hunt.

The 1st thing I did when I got the was bring it to the shop that has been servicing my MB for the past 15+ years. He changed the transmission fluid as a prevention. They have taken very good care of these cars. I have had 2 MB that went over 300K with basic maintainence; 1 radiator in each. no motor or trans work, never changed the original exhaust or mufflers. Oil/filter every 3K. I currently have a 92 300CE with just over 100K, its our "Sunday car." It sat for 8 mos in our garage before I needed to use it. Needless to say it started right up. I would not own any other car.

I Love My Benz!
By BenzDriver1122

2002 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class CLK320 2dr Coupe (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

I purchased my CLK320 after looking at the 300 series BMWs, the "baby Lincoln", and a '99 CLK. I have never regretted my decision to go ahead and buy (at a non-discounted price!). I drive R/T either DC-Bowling Green (KY), Bowling Green-Louisville, Bowling Green-Chicago, or Bowling Green-Jacksonville (FL) at least once a month and enjoy every mile. If I could change one thing with my CLK, it would be to incorporate a CD/tape player with the CD holder in the trunk. I have found 2 minor annoyances: one with the light electrical system...I've had four blown bulbs in 4 years. The other is the rear window screen. Over time it does not retract properly. A happy CLK driver.

Body style and handling. Mileage for the CLK320 is respectable.

Improve the electrical system. There is no reason my car should blow lights as frequently as it does. The rear window screen material should be of a quality that it maintains its retractability over time.

2002 CLK 320 Long Term Review
By CBP

2002 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class CLK320 2dr Coupe (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

I have owned my CLK 320 coupe for 3 years. The car is now at 39,000 miles. The car started out well when first purchased but is now falling apart. The engine valve rocker arms have been replaced 4 times and are still loud when the car is cold. The front seat track has been replaced as well as both rear seat latches as well as the outside temperature sensor and all of the instrument guages. The tires wore out at 14,000 miles and the ignition wires had to be replaced at 33,000 miles. The undercarriage is now making a loud rattling sound like marbles in a bucket.

Gas mileage averages 24 mpg combined city/highway. Highway mileage is as high as 33 mpg if driven in 45-55 mph range for prolonged periods.

No one can afford to own this car after the warranty expires due to the numerous mechanical failures. From what I have read the new Mercedes cars are not any better. Forget about Mercedes unreliability - buy a Lexus.

I LOVE my New Used Car!!!
By Shaqsgirl

2002 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class CLK320 2dr Coupe (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

I purchased this vehicle used after totaling my 1998 C class. I love it! I picked this year specifically because of the body style. I prefer this style to the newer models which are much smaller. So far I've had no problems thanks to the former owner, who took such good care of it! I love the color (BLACK OPAL). It is a real head turner.

Rear Shade, Color, Rain Sensor, Sleek design, Larger body style than post- 2002 models.

I was used to the cd changer in the trunk from my previous MB, but it would be MUCH more convenient if it were located in the glove box or in dash. The headlights seem to have a short life-span for I have had to replace bulbs twice since purchase. Softer leather on the seats would be nice too!

Hoped for More
By jmcculler

2002 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class CLK320 2dr Coupe (3.2L 6cyl 5A)

It's fun to drive but disappointed with
the problems I am having. I hit 50,000
miles a few months ago and have had one
problem after another; the engine fan
completely went, the catalyst converter
is coming apart, and the lights
(parklights, headlights, tail lights,
etc.) must be replaced every other
month.